4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

PO Box 138663, Ras Al Khaimah, 11133, United Arab Emirates

Hilton.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• nattybabe's Profile Photo

Hilton Resort and Spa - Amazing!

We stayed at the Hilton Resort and Spa for one night during the summer promotions for a relaxing weekend away. Just over an hour's drive from Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah is a perfect weekend getaway for residents or a perfect pit stop if you're touring the UAE and are heading towards Oman.

There are two Hiltons in Ras Al Khaimah so make sure when booking that you choose the right one. One is located in the city, the other is right on the beach and is a resort rather than a hotel. The resort is made up of small villas running along the beach and around the pool areas and you can choose to stay either on ground level or the first floor of the villa and each and every one is pure luxury. There are 3 pools to choose from if the beach is not to your liking with a kids pool that is shallow and under cover, a large pool next to the kids pool which is extremely well heated (like a hot bath!) and the main pool complete with pool bar and sea views.

Other things to keep you occupied during your stay are a gym, a spa with a whole book of treatment options, several bars and restaurants as well as daily activities for the kids and nightly music entertainment. The resort also has a tour desk and you can easily tour the region or perhaps take a day trip into Oman to see the Masandam Fjords.

All in all I had a brilliant weekend and it is well worth the money at any time of year. N.B. During the summer, residents can take advantage of cheaper than usual rates at most hotels in the GCC region. We paid only AED500 per room per night. A steal!! And it included breakfast!!

Directions: Make sure that you get the hotel to send you a map of where they are. There are no signs to direct you when you get there. It will save you a lot of needless driving around.

• EmilianoCV's Profile Photo

Enjoy the Beach Resort!!!

Nice facilities, excelent Beach Resort with outstanding views, service, bars & restaurants. Beautifully designed in an oriental-meditarrean way.
    However, whenever staying in the Hotel be careful of telephone calls rates!

Unique Quality: Please see my Travelogue on the Hilton Beach Resort for more info:

• maschu's Profile Photo

Great Hotel - Best Service

I booked a last minute trip, together with a friend, and stayed there for 10 days. To start with extra costs: they're ridiculously low! Rooms are large, compared to European hotels. Bathroom amenities might be more state-of-the-art but everything's clean and that's what counts. Service is excellent. Everybody's very very nice and ready to help. Food is great. We booked half board, which is sufficient to "survive" the whole day, as you are offered fruits to take away.
    The beach club near the hotel (shuttle service, 5 minutes) is phantasitic. It's only two years old, very modern, large enough to cope with all the guests. The beach is marvellous: clean and white sand. As there are no futher hotels or beach clubs around, it's perfect to recover, as there's no noise or other disturbance.
    I would recommend this hotel / the emirat to people who like to experience a more traditional emirat. Dubai's very modern and US-like. Ras al Khaimah is much more traditional and rural as well. Contruction work is going on, however, there are few skyscrapers and few hotels. If you wanna have animation and party, it's definitely not the place to go.

Unique Quality: - beach club (see above)
    - luxury hotel at a low price
    - outstanding service
    - try the show cooking in Al Khor (restaurant)!

Directions: Ras al Khaimah Creek

More about Hilton Ras Al Khaimah

Loved the Hilton

by TripAdvisor Member Foursteps

We have just arrived back from the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah, Dubai. We stayed there from 8th August - 18th August 2006. Just my husband and I went and enjoyed it all, especially the Hilton Beach Club - has to be seen. The staff were fantastic, both polite and friendly especially 'Bernard' in the restaurant. Everywhere was kept impeccably clean. Be aware of the 'boat trip', it is not very well advertised, but we met people who had been on it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Also be very aware that August is SO HOT!! temperatures hit 48c some days!! We would highly recommend it.

Fantastic hote;

by TripAdvisor Member wennie

Stayed at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah for 10 nights - the hotel is excellent and the staff can't do enough for you, the beach club is excellent and so much room it never gets crowded some days me my husband and daughter had the pool to ourselves.
I would advise you to go half board or all inclusive as there are not many places to eat around the area. If you want lots of shops and things to do go to Dubai instead. The arabian adventure trip in the 4 x 4 on the sand dunes is brilliant. Outside the hotel you can get a taxi to Manar Mall shopping centre just up the road (it is to hot to walk and to busy to cross the roads) it only costs 5 Dirhams (70p). It was very hot 31st July - 11th August about 110 degrees, I would go back again when it is cooler. Alot of building work going on everywhere in Dubai, I would return when it is all finished.

location location!

by TripAdvisor Member ka_bee

Just returned from the Hilton RAK - hotel good, staff helpful, excellent food and service BUT the location is dreadful. I was very disappointed on arrival - there is building work all aorund and the view from the bedroom window was hideous , the de-salination plant on one side and the hotel under construction on the other. There is nothing of merit in RAK city ,the mall is dreary and the 'old' souk of little interest. We had a day in the mountains and a trip to Dubai but travelling in the heat even in air conditioned vehicles was wearing. If your tour operator tells you the heat is bearable at this time of year don't believe them! The beach club was good but again surrounded by building work with noise and dust. We got a cheap deal but at a price of no scenery or heritage - we would not return here!

what a great holiday !

by TripAdvisor Member mhwpjw

We stayed at the Hilton RAK hotel for 7 nights from the 18th August. We arrived at the hotel early following a night flight, staff very helpful, check in Vquick and we got our room before 11.OOam. The hotel,beach club, staff, food, drinks (we were all inclusive, and would recommend this option!) were excellent, cannot fault. All staff strived to ensure we had a pleasant stay. Worthy of mention are Bernard, Jackie, Jinky, Berni the fisherman and boat captain and Shalliem the lifeguard - they really do work very hard to ensure you have a good time. The weather was hot - 34 deg sea temp, 42 deg otherwise, but entirely bearable due to the sea breeze.
Our room overlooked the hotel pool and creek, air con was spot on the beds very comfortable - the room was cleaned daily to a very high standard, small fault, prehaps a little too european following the Hilton footprint, but it was OK and after all we wern't in the room much anyway ! In summary, a great holiday destination, we will return next year and have no problem in giving a sound endorsement !

not at all inclusive!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member rmca

Just returned from a week's 'all inclusive' at Hilton RAK.
expreience was somewhat spoiled by being told that 'all inclusive meant that it was all inclusive until 2200......
I was shocked. We would normally rise late (we were on holiday after all!) go to the beach club until 1900, relax in our room ready to eat and drink at around.......2200. So we were in effect full board since we drink very little during the daytime. Made a complaint and eventually after speaking to a number of people with absolutely no decision making power whatsoever spoke to the general manager who halved our final drinks bill.
GOOD POINTS.
Staff. Brilliant. we've travelled the world and these people match the best for sincerity and willingness to help.

Food. Buffet but different each day and of good standard
Beach.Excellent. Beach Club was impressive apart from building work to right side. There is a beach bus from hotel to beach and you need to be assertive to ensure someone doesn't push you to one side to get in.

Excursions. Good. Burj al arab is a must and people we met enjoyed the boat trips

Tour Operators. Value Added Travel. Not so good. Indeed the 'all inclusive saga began with them who said it was 24 hours (thanks bobby)

Great place for a break if you rise early drink all day eat early and go to bed early otherwise go full board

Love the hilton in RAK and the staff

by TripAdvisor Member Bazza666

We stayed at the Hilton in RAK, our first stay in there.
The hotel and staff are fantastic, they cannot do enough for you.
The food was excellent, and there was always a very good choice of food on offer, something for everyone.
the beach club was great and the cafe there served very good food, sometimes had a wait if it was busy, but not too long.
The room was very very clean and modern, just what you'd expect from the hilton group.
We are definately going to go again, but i will warn people the hotel is 75% German guests, and as always, some of them are just so rude and arrogant, if you can rise above that, which i did, then you'll have a fab time.
There is ALWAYS plenty of loungers and shades at the beach club, but the hotel pool area, while very good, can get busy, and there is the usual towels on certain beds by certain people, seems they have it inbred into them!!
BUT IF YOU'VE BOOKED THIS HOTEL YOU SHOULD HAVE A VERY GOOD TIME!!!

Emirates Adventure Challenge part III

by bakpakchik

" Top of Wadi Bih "

Finally, we reach the top of Wadi Bih. I cannot tell a lie ... I did not do the whole damn thing. No one did. It was too steep. No one except Ravi. Ravi cycled up the whole damn hill. He has guts. And just last year, when he went on the first Gulf For Good challenge (Everest Base Camp), I am told that his first trek- training session tired him so muhc that one of the ladies had to carry his bakpak for him!

" A Night to Celebrate "

Stop for night three ... the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah. What a dinner and what a belly-dancer. Puerto Rican. The dancer. The food was Italian. We all had reasons to celebrate. Ishu and Enrique might have silently celebrated getting there even before the luggage truck!!! Ravi celebrated cycling up the whole damn mountain. I celebrated for my life. Where there's an uphill, theres a downhill too .. so i had looked forward to the spectacular downhill part of Wadi Bih. In my excitement, I didnt realize that my brakes had failed. I was coming down the bloddy mountain at breakneck speed any enjoying it ... till i realized that my brakes wont let me stop. Fear not ... infront of me was the human barricade. I bashed straight into Ravi and broke my fall - otherwise it would have been Ujala shaped pancakes for breakfast.

" The A Team!!! "

None other than the Early Culprits Enrique and Ishu. With the Slow Culprit - me. aka Ravi Basher. I avoided Ravi all night. He was rightfully displeased at me giving hijm cuts and scrapes and bruises after his amazing feat all the way up the hill. Ha! I taught that show-off a lesson!!!

Back in my room, Vicky and I took turns taking long baths in the gorgeous bathroom, watched J Lo and Matthew McConaughey fall in lovei n The Wedding Planner and caught some well deserved Zs to wake up for what would be the fourth day of our cycling challenge.

" Not-So-Brief Briefings!! "

And here is Paul - the challenge leader - wit hthe rest of the gang giving us his infamous, daily, not-so-brief briefings. This particular one - as you can see from the look on everyone's face - was one of the least uncomplicated ones. After the first few lefts and rights and up and down the hills, Paul had lost me. "Now comes the confusing bit ..." he said and I fell to the floor laughing. He'd lost me from the second line!! Never mind ... I'll follow Sue like always ....

" Teamwork is all it Takes "

The best bits were where we could afford to cycle side by side like this. Not very oftenwe got to do this .... most of the tracks were too narrow to allow more than a single file. And not to mention crazy drivers on anyhing that would allow more than a single file. Vicky is right in forntof the support vehicle ... if you see real close, you can see her fractured wrist still wrapped up. Real Brave Girl, that one.

" "I think we go that way!" "

What would i do without Sue? Not Doc Sue, this Sue. Doc Sue too of course. But this Sue was a blessing for me. I couldnt be bothered to look at my road book and i just followed Sue. Furthermore, even if i wanted to, i couldnt have followed my road book. No odometer on my bike.

" Julie ... our support vehicle "

Indispensible Julie. She drove the support vehiclethat was always behind us, ensuring we were okay for water, food and whatever else we might have needed.

Do not be fooled by the serene look on her face. She is actually looking out for a suitable location where she and I can both hop out for a much needed loo-stop.

Oh yes, another thing this trip taught me: to accept that, yes, the world really is one big restroom.

" Restroom With the Best View! "

Really .... this photo was taken while i relieved myself. I never could resist a good shot. hehehe.

How many times in your life can you see the sun go down like that? An

Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Beach Resort and Spa

by maryraymond

We are hoping to go very shortly to the Beach resort and Spa, however, I have heard that they are building more villas at present. Has anyone been recently and can they tell me if this is further round the bay and if it will be really noisy and dusty where the finished villas and beach club are. I understand that the finished villas are superb but the holiday will be spoilt if if is exceptionally noisy
Thanks

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

NOW IN ALL EMIRATES NEW DEVELOPMENTS ARE COMING UP SO THIS is not the problem of Dubai only. From what I heard the physical construction of many villas are finished and just they are working on interiors, so you should not have much problem with noise and dust.
Good luck.

by maryraymond

Thank you very much for information on beach villas. Will post details of holiday on return

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

Thats good Mary, please post some pictures as well if you can, they would be veru helpful for future tourists :-)
Good luck.

by EmilianoCV

Hi guys,

The new villas they are building are not situated round the bay.

Where the finished villas and beach club are I would not say it is noisy and dusty. However it is true that a lot of construction is going on at RAK Hilton Beach Resort (f.e. the entrance to the Club was improved and now looks very nice!).

Enjoy RAK!