Al Mukalla Hotels

Our Members Say

???: Another option

I forget the name of the hotel. Universal set it up for me in Sanaa. The pool was drained at the time but I was probably one of the few guests and it was clean/spotless. Only thing I did not like was the mattress which I think was a box spring or something purchased from Japan since it was like sleeping on a sheet of plywood.

The staff were great. I wanted to go into town to go diving and the manager gave me a ride to the hotel up the coast with diving and when it was closed he got the dive center manager out of bed to rent me a mask and fins...see me 1st hotel tip for the name of the place with the dive center.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Historical Travel, Backpacking
  • Written July 1, 2008

Holiday Inn: On the beach

If you can believe it? There is a bit of Americana down here on the Arabian Sea. While I did not stay here I did pass it on the way into town from the airport. If you do not trust local hotels then this is probably the place.

The most westernised hotel in town or near it for that matter

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Historical Travel, Backpacking
  • Written July 1, 2008
Tip Photo

• janiebaxter profile photo janiebaxter

Holiday Inn: Overlooking the Arabian Sea

Holiday Inn Mukalla is 7km from the city centre on a nice beach overlooking the Arabian Sea.
I has all the usual facilities of a 4 star hotel – good restaurant, coffee shop, room service, internet, fridge in room etc. Swimming pool, tennis and private beach which unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to try.
It has 5 floors, 106 rooms, 6 suites and was built by Bin Laden Company of Saudi Arabia.

Sea facing rooms get a lovely view of the sunrise over the sea and port - We saw Dolphins swimming close to the beach, while we were having breakfast.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Historical Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written March 12, 2008

Holiday Inn Mukalla

Hadhramount Hotel: Rest by the Sea

It did not stay here but rather went diving here. I had to wait around a bit and walked around the place. It is a much cheaper option than the more expensive Holiday Inn down the road and it is closer to the Corniche. The staff were very friendly like most I encountered during my stay and had I know better I would have stayed here rather than down 15 min down the road.

It's right on the water with it's own dock/dive boat. The area in front of the dock is lined with beach chairs which makes it a great place to unwind with a book or catch some arabian sun.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Water Sports
  • Written March 15, 2007
Tip Photo

A view of the back of the hotel

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful