Say'un Hotels

• Sambawalk profile photo Sambawalk
  • Reviews: 1601

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Palace Seiyun Hotel: Cheap and reasonable location

I stayed here for 2 nights at room #127 (see more pics for room view and toilet view). The room is simple, but has essential air-con which works in hot days. It also has TV with attached toilet. The toilet is not so clean, but I manged to use it. The hotel locates next to the Great mosque, so be prepared for early morning call. Room rate was YR1,700 (May 2008).

It is considered cheap as the other hotel AL-AHQAT Hotel which is near the airport charges YR4,500 (May 2008).

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written May 29, 2008
Tip Photo

Palace Seiyun Hotel

• TheLongTone profile photo TheLongTone
  • Reviews: 330

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Aghaf: Walking distance from the airport

Not that it was more than a fifteen minute walk from town, either. This is generally as upmarket as the Long Tone gets. A swimming pool, even even. I really couldn't find anything to fault with this hotel. Well, I could actually: the door furniture. But I didn't stay in a single hotel in Yemen where the door/door handle worked smoothly. I think it's something they don't do. Anyway, aircon and a fan, nice large room with a balcony overlooking the pool, a servicable restaurant serving breakfast at six in the morning, a shop selling such necessities as drinks, biscuits, swimming trunks and mobile phone chargers....

I was very taken by the bats that used the swimming pool to drink from, swooping in from the surrounding palmery.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written June 25, 2007
Tip Photo

• hydronetta profile photo hydronetta
  • Reviews: 903

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel BMC: Pleasant stay

This hotel boasts an old and a new wing. I think it mainly serves a midrange option for groups mainly. At the time we were there I had the sense we were the only foreigners
Disadvantages:
-it lies 6 km away from Say'un citycentre, meaning you need transportation if you want to spend your evening away from the hotel.
-when you'll check in you won't escape from being continously informed that: "there is swimming pool", "visit also our swimming pool", "you can relax by our swimming pool"... Well I did, but it was.. a joke! Neglected, murky, dirty it was not even worth relaxing next ot it (in fact there were just some chairs)
-don't even think to have meal there. We did but it was tasteless and pricey (I ordered camel which tasted like microwave heated sponge) and they ask you to preorder it.
-breakfast was mediocre as well. The staff (probably non professional) always forgot to bring something...so we had to ask for it (if they happened to understand some english)
Advantages:
-peaceful location (take room at the backyard which is quieter and has nice views)
-large, reasonably kept rooms
-clean, bright and spacious lobby and corridors

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written February 28, 2006

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful