Shibam Hotel

next to the Old Town , Shibam, Yemen

Good For No Data
  • Sambawalk's Profile Photo

Quiet but next to Shibam

I didn't stay there, but went there in early afternoon hoping for a cup of tea. But they don't have restaurant and I could not go anywhere to have tea. So I just rested in the Garden outside the hotel building. Nice environment though in the heated afternoon.

• flynboxes's Profile Photo

Sleep next to giants

I stayed here for two nights. This first night there were 3 other guests.."Americans."
    the second night I was the old one there. Service was fine and you cannot beat the location next to Shibam. The room was clean however there were a few flys but by running the fan I kept them away so it was not an issue. Right now there is no restoration work going on in the city so the hotel was empty.

Unique Quality: It's right next to Shibam. There are other places..even one with a pool but if you want to take pictures of Shibam this is the place. It's a 5-10 min walk to the viewing area on the hillside across the main road out front. My last day they set up my breakfast on a table in the middle of the garden. I think Univeral Tours ownes this place.

Directions: Next to Shibam