Shibam Hotel

Sambawalk's Profile Photo

Quiet but next to Shibam

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 25, 2008

I didn't stay there, but went there in early afternoon hoping for a cup of tea. But they don't have restaurant and I could not go anywhere to have tea. So I just rested in the Garden outside the hotel building. Nice environment though in the heated afternoon.

flynboxes's Profile Photo

Sleep next to giants

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 15, 2007

I stayed here for two nights. This first night there were 3 other guests.."Americans."
the second night I was the old one there. Service was fine and you cannot beat the location next to Shibam. The room was clean however there were a few flys but by running the fan I kept them away so it was not an issue. Right now there is no restoration work going on in the city so the hotel was empty.

Unique Quality: It's right next to Shibam. There are other places..even one with a pool but if you want to take pictures of Shibam this is the place. It's a 5-10 min walk to the viewing area on the hillside across the main road out front. My last day they set up my breakfast on a table in the middle of the garden. I think Univeral Tours ownes this place.

Directions: Next to Shibam

5 Photos of Shibam Hotel

Shibam Travel Forum

Need advice about Shibam, Yemen? Visit the Travel Forum for Shibam and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Shibam
Supply and demand
Transportation
View over the city at sunset
Things to Do