Kawkaban Hotels

Our Members Say

• Sambawalk profile photo Sambawalk
  • Reviews: 1601

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Al-Taj Tourism (Planet's Tower): Quite and was only customer for the night

My driver took me to this hotel and I was the only customer for the night. The room is basic with 2 mattress on floor. I stayed in room #9. I paid YR3,500 (May 2008) including 1 nite stay, dinner and breakfast, all for myself and the driver.

There is no much to talk about this simple hotel, although I saw some other tourists staying in Kawkaban hotel.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written July 29, 2008
Tip Photo

Planet's Hotel Room #9

• hydronetta profile photo hydronetta
  • Reviews: 903

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Al-Mahweet Hotel in Al Mahwit: Not in Kawkaban...

All three villages (Thulla, Shibam, Kawkaban) offer accommodation. Nevertheless as most of them are funduqs (matresses on floor) I would recommend you to drive a bit further on and stay in Al Mahwit town.
Al Mahweet Hotel represents a good value. The rooms are well maintained, comfortable, clean and spacious. What I liked is that it has a spacious mafraj (sitting area) designed like a Bedouin tent in warm red colours. Very relaxing after a long day sightseeing.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written February 28, 2006
Tip Photo

resting at the Al Mahweet mafraj

• K1W1 profile photo K1W1
  • Reviews: 433

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

kawkaban hotel: Kawkaban's home away from home

This place has to be seen to be believed. My room is a typical Arabic reception room, with cushions along the walls and a small table in the middle. The views are incredible as the town is perched atop a clifftop and overlooks the valley which includes several towns.
The owner, Yahya, is the ultimate host and his family pamper you from the minute you step in the door.

Yahya's maps and advise are invaluable as his knowledge of the surroundings and treks are complete. He seems to be able to answer any questions that you may have.
The price is 1,300 Y.R.'s and this includes home cooked breakfast and dinner (and a packed lunch if you're heading out on a trek).

• Opinion of Price: least expensive