Pitts Bay Road, Hamilton, Bermuda, HM AX, Caribbean
Travelocity Expedia.com Hotels.com

Costs 63% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Rosedon Hotel

Rosedon Inn. .

by traveldude about Rosedon Inn. .

Reasonable Excellent location in Hamilton. Used to be a plantation and is now a main house as well as lodging in the back part of the property. Lush vegetation and a big pool. They serve full breakfast any where you request to be served (ie Balcony, room, by the pool, ...) Also an afternoon tea and pastries in the Parlor at 4p everyday

Where To Stay?

by EricB. about Rosedon

The Rosedon B&B is located on the Western end of Hamilton, Bermuda's capitol. They have excellent rates (for Bermuda) and offer wireless internet and in-room breakfast. Everything is within walking distance, such as: Scooter rentals (no rental cars in Bermuda), downtown Hamilton, Ferry, etc. A trip to the Southbeaches via cab is only a few US Dollars.

A terrific smaller hotel/guesthouse

by pchamlis about Rosedon Hotel

OK, here's another place that I didn't stay. But, I was very impressed by both its location and by its feel. We were very happy in our little B&B, but if I wanted to stay in a bigger hotel near Hamilton, I think I'd look into the Rosedon.

Oh one thing... although it has B&B qualities, the Rosedon is technically NOT a B&B. By Bermuda hotel authority definition, any accommodations establishment that has more than four rooms is a hotel, not a bed and breakfast or rooming house. This definition stands even though the Rosedon DOES include breakfast in their rates. Just in case you wanted to know. Historic building, originally constructed in 1906. They serve afternoon tea, and the room in the main/grand house are the most desirable. I'm told that the rooms in the more modern two story wings are find, but not nearly as historic. Nice Victorian furnishings throughout, and a nice cozy main living room.

There is a pool and gardens behind the house.

best kept secret

by cristen1019 about Rosedon Hotel

I've been a visitor here over 30 years.It is what Bermudians call a "small Hotel".The gardens are old and established,the paths down to the pool are old limestone and the service is exceptional. There is a large varanda for swizzle parties and for 3pm high teas...and it's all a 5 min. walk from Hamilton's busy center.Old Bermuda charm is alive in this oasis.

see the old naval ship yard. ...

by traveldude

see the old naval ship yard. It has many artesians and is filled with historic information. Also the many Forts found on the island.
You need to try the 'Outerbridges' Original 'HOT' steak sauce.
We stayed at the Rosedon in Hamilton. I recommend highly The peacefulness, late night walks through Hamilton, and the scenery. NO SALES TAX
Don't forget to view the story of the moon arches you will see around town

Rosedon CourtyardRosedon Courtyard

Rosedon at nightRosedon at night

Rosedon House, Pitts Bay Road, PembrokeRosedon House, Pitts Bay Road, Pembroke

Accomodation

by Bgem

I'm visiting Bermuda from August 15th to 29th, does anyone know about any cheap accomodation there please. Thanks for all the help.

RE: Accomodation

by Seabiscuit

The Rosedon downtown Hamilton is probably the best value. I think Cup Match will be happening while you are there, great 4 days of Cricket at the National Stadium. There are a few guest houses that may be more inexpensive than the Rosedon, but a lot of them are not in the 'center of things', and what you save on lodging you'll lose on transportation.

Remember, *nothing* in Bermuda is 'cheap'.
Jeff-

Cheap but good places to stay.

by Deus_ultima

Any suggestions for a good, yet iunexpensive hotel in Bermuda fo the first week of june?

by Deus_ultima

ohh...
lovely portrait!

Yeah, I know.. I'll just wait for him to show up.
;)

by CliffClaven

Old Cliffie would have suggested the Palmetto Hotel - nice pool overlooking the sea, delightful tiny bar and simple but excellent food - but they tore the place down to put up condominiums. So, if you half a million dollars to spare.....

Ioan-
Glad I popped in here - the Rosedon is fairly inexpensive, and it's in downtown (close to a lot of activities). If you want to do the 'sand and surf' thing, well, it gets more expensive. Grotto Bay usually has some great specials, but I think it's too close to the airport (like right across the sound). South shore is so expensive, avoid it. If I was still there, I had a second bedroom.... woulda been free.... :)

by Seabiscuit

Oh, and Jane.... I keep up with almost half the population! (LOL!)

The Old Rectory B&B...or other suggestions

by pchamlis

My wife, daughter and I look to be visiting Bermuda in July. I've had a nice response from Muriel at "The Old Rectory" B&B and it sounds interesting. I'm a bit concerned that one room only has a fan, instead of air conditioning. I know av daily temps are about 84 in July, but what about at night?

Does anyone have any great suggestions on b&b or small inns? We'd love to get a "two bedroom" room situation, so that my teenaged daughter can have her own space.

Pete

RE: The Old Rectory B&B...or other suggestions

Hiya Pete-
The Old Rectory is nice enough (although it is in St. Georges). Evenings are pleasant temp. wise (a good cross breeze is a plus). I rarely used my AC until August (too danged expensive for one thing). If your looking for something affordable in the center of things, take a look at the Rosedon (downtown Hamilton). Been a few times and IBM puts folks up there when they visit. It's a shame they tore down the Palmetto Bay Hotel, I lived there for 3 months and loved it.

Comments