24 Rosemont Ave, Hamilton, HM06, Caribbean
Booking.com Expedia.com RoyalPalms.bm

More about Royal Palms Hotel

Classic Burmudian Manor - Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member dougfitz

Just back from a weekend stay at Royal Palms. It is a beautiful restored Bermuda Manor home, centrally located, with attractive grounds, a nice pool area, friendly staff, and beautifully furnished rooms.
This is a great place for couples, small families, etc.. Just stroll down the end of the street and rent a scooter at Smatt's and you are ready to explore the island. Smatt's is a professionally fun friendly rental shop, about $120 for 2 full days.

If you are looking for a mega resort with poolside , oceanfront cocktail service, this is not your place. It is a discreet manor tucked down a side street, the staff is friendly and helpful, they let you do your own thing. You can enjoy the continental breakfast , then stroll into town or grab a scooter and explore the island.
We scooted to Warwick Long Beach on the South Side and were awestruck at the beautiful , clean water. Also scooted to St. George & the dockyards, it was OK, not great, not as lively as Hamilton for sure.
Back to the Royal Palms. The pool and common areas are clean and pleasant. Note: Common areas are not air conditioned, but the rooms had new air conditioning units, worked perfect. Our Suite #16, was spotless, attractively furnished and it overlooked the pool. Flat screen TV, never even turned it on.
Unlike most things on the island, the Royal Palms is a GOOD VALUE. We found the prices of restaurants amazingly high. The highly regarded Lobster Pot resaurant across town was just OK, next time we will try the hotels in house restaurant, Ascots.
Bottom Line: Royal Palms is a nice, privately owned, unique small hotel in a great location. Strongly recommend.

extremely pleasant spot...

by TripAdvisor Member Hughsey

We picked the Royal Palms from tripadvisor posts and were not disappointed. We had a quick weekend, in Friday and out Sunday. Our room was standard in size but had a nice kitchenette with lovely high ceilings (triple crown moulding).
It was exceptionally clean. We had a private balcony with table and chairs and lounger. Played cards at night with the symphony of tree frogs.
All of the staff are service oriented and nobody ever walked past without a smile and a greeting. The breakfasts were great to start the day.
We loved hamilton and walked around a fair bit. 2nd day rented moped and toured the beaches. Went snorkelling and the highlight was our dinner t Ascots. Terrific restaurant right in the Hotel, Royal Palms. Cocktails in the very attractive bar with comlimentary canapes. Have the chilled banana soup. We had amazing vegetarian entrees also. Reputed to be one of the best in bermuda we thought it was rather reasonable for that and we like 15% grat's included on the bill throughout Bermuda.
This will be our spot for travelling to Bermuda without our two young boys which we hope to do yearly.
This hotel provides great service, immaculate and gracious.
Michelle

A quiet oasis

by TripAdvisor Member jhgreco

We just got back from a long weekend at the Royal Palms and couldn't of been happier with our choice of hotel. The Royal Palms is a quick 10 minute walk outside of downtown Hamilton, just up the hill from the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, but it feels more like a private hideaway.

Our room was lovely with a king size bed, flat screen tv, kitchenette and a large comfortable window seat overlooking the pool. Continental breakfast, which is included with your stay, is served each morning in a lovely open-air room. It's your basic toast, yogurt, fresh fruit breakfast, but the complimentary newspapers and unfailingly hospitality of the staff make it the perfect way to begin your mornings in beautiful Bermuda.

We almost didn't have dinner at Ascot's, the restaurant on the hotel property, and what a shame that would of been. Their food is hands down some of the best on the island! Fresco's and Little Venice in Hamilton are also good, but our dinner at Ascot's was the best meal we had during our stay.

We will defiantly recommend the Royal Palms to others visiting the island. It really is the perfect place to stay if your looking for a quiet place to relax and recharge.

First rate service and perfect Bermudan feel

by TripAdvisor Member joelpoz

Owners and service were delightful- always helpful but never fussy. The property is absolutely beautiful- and it is true even the kids liked hanging out on the veranda in the very Bermudan gardens. Best of all, though, is the separate, but, on site restaurant, Ascots. It is one of the top rated restaurants on the island, but it was better even than billed. It would be top rate in NYC (and we're not even from NYC). We had a lovely suite, and it worked with the 2 kids. Everything was precisely as promised. The pool is pretty but modest. The breakfast (included) in a lovely breakfast room, fine, but also modest. (Somehow you expect one of those top grade b and b style breakfasts). The location, if you don't know Bermuda, is a five minute walk into Hamilton and the buses and ferries, which work surprisingly well. The alternative is really only scooter self drive, which isn't for everyone.

Great for business, if you must in Bermuda

by TripAdvisor Member cape_cod_mamma

I was dispatched to Bermuda for a one-night business trip. Which was both good and bad news. I had never been to Bermuda so I was excited to go, but time was of the essence during my 24 hours on island and had no idea where to stay. The Hamilton Princess had been recommended by my business contacts, but the reviews of the Palms on Trip Advisor were so much more positive that I decided to take a chance and book the Palms instead The taxi ride from the airport took about 30 minutes and cost about $30 as I recall. I was wary of the out-the-way location, but for a buiness traveler it was perfect. The hotel room was huge and lovely but it was honestly wasted on me...I had business to do. I booked Ascots for my business dinner and it was a huge hit with the clients. At breakfast the crowd was decidely a business one. I was pleased with the continental - it's served in a beautiful setting. That day I did need to hike back from town it took me 10 minutes. At the time of the hike I was already checked-out of the hotel and soaked through my suit from the hot sun....so the owner offered me the use of the shower in the office so I could freshen-up before going off to the airport. That has never happened to me ever before anywhere. So, if you are traveling on business, this is a choice find. I'm rating it excellent because on Bermuda there's no such thing as a cheap deal and this property provides excellent service and value for the money.

Excellent little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member raptor_b_ball

As a frequent business traveler I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone accustom to staying at business calibre North American hotels.

The quality of this hotel is on par with any four-star hotel in NA. Although the Royal Palms is much more expensive than your typical 4-star North American hotel, it offers excellent value compared to other Bermudian accomodations in its price range.

Best in Bermuda

by TripAdvisor Member marciakf1

Just returned from a 4 night stay at the Royal Palms. After having read previous reviews on Tripadvisor, we found everything met or exceeded our expectations. Richard (owner) was most gracious and helpful. Breakfast was great!! We had a deluxe mini suite which was extremely nice and comfortable. Location extremely quiet. Short walk into Hamilton. Ascots Restaurant on site was excellent. In fact, probably had our best meals there while in Bermuda. Also ate at Aqua which was very good and scenery quite beautiful.

WONDERFUL PLACE

by TripAdvisor Member Whitemouse

Recently returned from our first trip to Bermuda. My husband and colleague were there for three weeks and the wives joined them for the last 10days. How lucky we were!! Everything was just perfect.....all the superlatives written about the Royal Palms are true. Our husbands were made to feel it was home from home and we had personal welcomes when we arrived. Our rooms were spacious with luxurious comfortable furnishings, flat screen tv, fridge within a kitchette area which was well appointed (very much appreciated) and bright bathroom. All the staff were a delight and made the stay so pleasureable. A special mention for John who has a great sense of humour and Theresa the Manager. Richard (the owner) told great stories and was extremely knowledgable on the area.
For two ladies, alas mostly on their own, we found the area very safe and the walk into Hamilton was not a problem. The ferries and bus station are easily accessible. I cannot speak too highly of this Hotel and Ascots restaurant was excellent. If I return to Bermuda - this is where I would want to stay. Great memories for me to treasure. Lesley.

Don't be surprised if. . .

by TripAdvisor Member Darnoc

. . the owner checks you in and helps with your arrangements. Both Richard and Susan are interested in their guests. The rooms are perfect and the adjacent restaurent "Ascot's" is one of the island's best. An easy 10 miunte walk to downtown, a short hop to the bus terminal and a quick walk to many eating places, this location is ideal. This is "our place" in Bermuda.

Loved the Royal Palms

by TripAdvisor Member easterntreker

We stayed 5 nights and were very happy with this hotel. The staff went out of their way to make our stay pleasant ..Great breakfast!! Recommended!!

Horse & Buggy on Front StreetHorse & Buggy on Front Street