60 South Shore Rd, , PG 04, Caribbean

Costs 85% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Elbow Beach Bermuda

A quiet resort

by easterntrekker about Elbow Beach

This resort is on a hill directly above Elbow Beach. (Only a few steps climb) It looked quite beautiful . All yellow and white . Small cottages around a huge expanse of grounds . Very friendly staff . We had lunch at their restaurant at the beach ( Mikey D's) WE didn't stay at the hotel.....too many $$$$$$$ for us. ( over $500 per night). The beach is quite lovely...very pristine and quiet. Set above beautiful Elbow Beach

Elbow Beach Surf Club is...

by mrmoustache

Elbow Beach Surf Club is outstanding!
Last time we were there we rented a house for 8 days. Woman was coming to the States, so we rented her house. Private beach, full silver service dining room, very English. Ate every meal outside on the verandah. Superb! Try it!
Best deal is to get a package, including air fare. Usually about $500 to $1,100 PP, depending on length of stay, and meal plan. Elbow Beach: Great service, beautiful views if your room faces the ocean. Lovely pool. Food terrific.
Private House: THE BEST! Ate the local food from the markets (expensive) and sampled spiny lobsters bought from the fishermen at the dock in Hamilton, right next to where the Cruise Ships dock.

Great Quite Resort Getaway in Bermuda

by Jrippejr about Ariel Sands

My wife and I just got back from a trip to Bermuda and I must say that the Ariel Sands was a wonderful place to stay. The accomidations are excellent for the island. It is very close to the major towns and shopping. This fine resort had a great spa, pool, and ocean side location. I must recommend the ocean facing cottages they are excellent. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. My wife and I stayed at Elbow Beach on our Honeymoon and the Ariel Sands has it beat hands down if you are not interested in the crowds and want some peace and quite yet still all the resort ammenities. IT IS EXCELLENT! Ocean location is great, wonderful and helpful staff, great food in the restaurant, really nothing negative to stay it is excellent!

Elbow Beach. The pop singer...

by Weener

Elbow Beach. The pop singer 'Louise' named her last album after this beach, its no wonder why.
The sand on the beach is pink, made up of tiny grains of pink coral. The beach stretches almost a mile. The sea is very calm due to the protective coral reefs that surround it.

Go Swimming in Winter?!

by Marisola

Why Not?! Well, if you're a tourist, you will, but if you're a local you won't. The locals think it's too cold... Not for me! To me, 70 F is warm enough, and it makes a great memory to swim on New Year's Day! The beaches are so beautiful and clean, and the water is so blue... How can you stay away?!

Horseshoe Bay is the most famous beach on the South Shore with pink sand, clear water, and a beach house: 441-238-2651. Chaplin Bay and Warwick Long Bay are just east of Horseshoe Bay with a more quiet atmosphere. Continue on the South Shore to Astwood Cove and then Elbow Beach next to the Elbow Beach Hotel: 441-236-3535. Farther on the South Shore you'll find John Smith's Bay. Find your favorite, I love them all!

Nice hotel, but very pricey

We were excited to go to Bermuda but nervous to stay at the hotel after reading the iffy reviews. We stayed at the Elbow Beach May 24-28, 2004 and enjoyed the property more than we expected, but still found it to be extremely overpriced for the amenities available. We were quite surprised that these prices were consistent to those before the hurricane. It is shocking that they do not offer some sort of rate reduction due to the lack of services available! The beach was beautiful and clearly made staying at the resort worth it (especially seeing how they treat the cruise ship guests!), however, few beach refreshments, construction, and port-a-potties did detract. There were also very limited dining options on-site and the hotel bar was not the best for after dinner spirits. Overall, we would return to Elbow Beach again, but not until it is entirely repaired from hurricane damage and we felt like spending top dollar on hotel accommodations, AND after reviewing other options on the island.

Great Summer Vacation

We spent last July 4th vacation at Elbow Beach in Bermuda and had a wonderfull time. The hotel was still repairing the storm damage from hurricane Fabian and we were the first to stay in a newly built Junior Suite just steps from the beach. The room was great with tiled floors and a new large screen LCD TV/DVD. The turquoise water and pink sand beach was awesome with a very attentive staff to provide everything we needed from beach chairs, umbrellas, food & drink. Their home made fruit punch is addicting. The water temperature was just right, not tepid and not cold and the surrouding vegetation, much of it imported from south east asia is beautiful and exotic. The breakfast at their main restaurant was excellent and the banana pancakes were delicious. We were treated to a great fireworks display on their beach for the fourth. I have read review of other hotels in Bermuda with complaints about the staff and service...NOT HERE...The staff is friendly, attentive and offers a very personal service calling you by name when they greet you. We will be back to Elbow Beach in the near future.

Specify a new room

My wife and I just returned from a four night stay at Elbow Beach. The resort is beautiful, and the beach is the best that I know of in Bermuda. Staff was very attentive and accomodating. Hurricane repairs are almost completely finished...only the beach front night club and one restaurant remained unopened. The one negative was our Junior "Suite" (basically a good sized hotel room divided by louvered doors that would not block sound or light)...the decor while not terrible was definitely tired, and not consistent with the quality of the rest of the resort. Management did "upgade" us to a better room for three nights of our stay, however. If you are going to stay here, make sure you reserve one of the recently renovated rooms.

Awesome experience

Our family has stayed at some of the premier hotels in the United States and abroad, and Elbow Beach ranks with the best. We visited the hotel in early November. The room was wonderful and spacious (only steps from the ocean), the staff was attentive and friendly, the beach was spectacular and the food was great. It was our first trip to Bermuda, and it was a pleasure getting there in 2 hours from DC -- particularly since we have a young son. The hotel grounds are gorgeous. We tend to be very active on vacations, but Bermuda isn't the easiest island to get around with a small child, so we spent almost all our time over 6 days at the hotel. I certainly wasn't complaining! The only thing we noticed in terms of construction was that one of the restaurants on the beach was still not open. But Mickey's was -- and the view/food topped all other restaurants we visited on the island. We will definitely go back.

Great Service

Just returned from a stay at Elbow Beach. The resort was great, service outstanding and the views from the hotel spectacular.

The rooms (we had two Jr. Suites for a family of 5) were spacious and comfortable, but a little tired (considering the price paid). The maid service was exceptional, with twice a day service from very friendly staff.

The only disappointment was the considerable work that still needs to be done in the aftermath of the hurricane. When I booked the rooms in March, the Resort stated that most of the renovations would be completed by early July. I assumed things might slip, but wow, they seem no where near completion. Even while we there, they said Mickey's Beach Bistro would open within days, but it never did. So if you plan to go in the next 90 days, don't pay much attention to the project completion dates the management posts or states.

Finally, if you're going to rent a Moped, Kevin, who handles the rentals on the property is great! Very patient and informative. He made sure we were well versed in how to use our bikes on the busy, narrow streets before we set off.

elbow beachelbow beach

Elbow Beach Public Facilities

by hcat

I am taking a cruise to Bermuda next week, and would like more information about Elbow Beach. Are there public facilities there such as restrooms, a snackbar, and beach chair and umbrella rentals? Is there a fee for the public to use the facilities? Overall, would this be a nice beach to spend the day with my family? Thank you for your help!

Re: Elbow Beach Public Facilities

by Seabiscuit

(Elbow Beach was one of my Clients) Are you staying at Elbow Beach? If so, you get the beach, the 'brellas, the chairs, all of it. If you're not a hotel Guest, you're kinda out of luck. It is a private beach. Non-Guests get, well, nothing. It is *very* upscale, and VERY expensive. If you've never seen a $6 can of Pepsi, you can find it there. They've almost finished the repairs from Hurricane Fabian (Sept. 03) - btw, if you are a Guest, ask for a room in the main building, they're much nicer rooms, but, again, be prepared to pay $300 - over $1,000 per night.

Re: Re: Elbow Beach Public Facilities

by Seabiscuit

btw, just wondering, the ship will dock in Hamilton or St George's, Elbow Beach is in Paget. There are many other beaches that have what you want. Horseshoe Bay has a snack bar (but, the Pepsi will be $4.50 instead). Warwick Long Beach (no snack bar), John Smith's Bay, and they are all on the South Shore. Shelley Bay (North Shore) has a great snack bar. Why Elbow Beach?

Re: Elbow Beach Public Facilities

by underbaker

My husband and I took a cruise in June. Elbow beach is a beautiful flat beach. There are umbrella/chair rentals - I think they were $5 or $10 for the chair and $10 or $15 for the umbrella. We took the bus to the beach. We didn't use any facilities but I believe they are available. There is a separate beach section for the public and for the hotel guests. Also, Horseshoe Bay in Hamilton and Tobacco Bay in St. George were the most beautiful in my opinion. Have fun!

Re: Re: Elbow Beach Public Facilities

by Seabiscuit

Horseshoe Bay is located in Southampton Parish. Hamilton (The City) is 10-15 minutes away. Hamilton Parish is north of Flatts Inlet..

by collegeprof

Hi, We will be in Bermuda for 3 days, staying on NCL "Spirit," and do not want to book the excursions as they are so expensive. 1. I am hoping to find a sightseeing cruise around the island for my husband and me which I could book before we leave. Does anyone know of one? 2. Will we be able to use Elbow Beach - the public area and rent chairs and use their restrooms? 3. How can we get from King's Wharf to Elbow Beach? Thank you all so much! Marilyn

Re: Three Questions- Sightseeing Cruise? Elbow Beach? Transportation from King's Wharf?

by Donna_in_India

Hi - a good place to get information is www.cruisecritic.com - if you go to boards then roll calls you wil find others on your specifc cruise. If you go to boards then ports of call the you can either post your questions there or see what's already been asked and answered. Have a great cruise!!

Hotels

by kappa2345

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some hotels for me and my future husband to stay in Bermuda on our honeymoon? So, far we were thinking of Pompano....has anyone stayed there?
Thanks

Re: Hotels

by Bermudabye

Depends on the type your looking for - all the bells and whisltes, cottage colony , or little efficiency.

Large Hotel - Elbow Beach, elgant cottage colony,. The Reefs or Cambridge Beaches, efficiency, Greenbank.

Re: Re: Hotels

by Seabiscuit

Elbow Beach - VERY expensive! Why not Coral Beach if you're gonna spend the money? (Or even Southamton Princess). If you want to be close to town, and stay within a budget, the Rosedon is there, and so is the Hamilton Princess. Depends on what you want to pay.

Re: Hotels

by BDASTEVE

If you haven't already came, I am the assistant manager of Pompano Beach Club, we are considered the best place on the island, we have the highest occupancy percentage as well as repeat occupant percentage. This place is a good choice. If you still want to discuss email me at the resort at pompano@ibl.bm attention Steve Voituk.

Comments