4 Daniels Head Rd, , MA BX, Caribbean

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about 9 Beaches Resort

9 Beaches was outstanding from start to finish

My wife and I recently came back from a get away vactation for some much needed R&R from our three boys. The entire staff at the 9 Beaches could not have been more friendly, helpful and professional to ensure our stay there was an enjoyable one. My wife chose the 9 Beaches Resort because it was something that was unique to Bermuda. Our cabana sat right on top of the ocean and we did not have to walk but just a few feet to get to the beach. The cabana was clean and had everything we needed to make our stay a comfortable one. The best thing about staying at 9 Beaches was the entire staff that could not have done a better job at making our vacation a memorable one. Our first full day in Bermuda we rented scooters and as luck would have it my wife received major "road rash" by hitting a curb and having the scooter fall on top of her. She had a serious knee injury and we thought that we were going to have to come home early from our vacation. Due to the staff at 9 Beaches we were able to enjoy the beautiful island of Bermuda, in spite of my wife's injury. The 9 Beaches staff could not have done more to help my wife and I with anything we needed. They truly went above and beyond what was expected of them in taking care of us during our four day stay. If you want to stay at a place where you will be treated like a king or queen then 9 Beaches is the place to stay. The staff at 9 Beaches is what makes it the best resort/hotel in Bermuda.

If it smells like manure then you must be at 9Beaches

Let me tell you a little bit about ourselves to put our review into some context. I am 33 and my girlfriend is 29. We live in DC. Both of us have advanced degrees (Ph.D’s) and we work as analysts at a non-profit research center. We are both very active (at least by US standards). We both run, cycle, swim and play tennis. We enjoy the outdoors and both of us grew up around the ocean. I’d say that we are not part of the “high-level” folk that visits 9Beaches (this is what we overheard one of the owners call some of the clientele) but we probably fall in the “middle-level”. We make good salaries. That’s not to say we can afford to stay at Cambridge Beaches but we could easily afford 9Beaches.

We decided to try 9Beaches on a whim. I saw an ad for the resort in the American Airlines magazine. We checked out the web site and before we knew it we were on the phone with Liz booking our stay. We reserved for 6 nights from August 7 to the 13th. The first five nights we stayed in a Top Banana and because of availability we stayed the last night in an Aqua Vista. This trip was the first one for either one of us to Bermuda.

In a complete reversal of the way you should book a vacation we looked up the reviews on TripAdvisor AFTER we booked the vacation. Needless to say we were a bit anxious after reading previous reviewers’ experiences but decided (somewhat naively) to give it a go anyway. Of the litany of earlier complaints, we were most worried about the smell of manure, particularly since our Top Banana was going to be near the front of the resort and not at the point where the smell seems to be less problematic. We were also hesitant about the lack of air conditioning in the cabanas.

So let me begin at the beginning. We took the Bermuda Hosts bus from the airport. The ride to Somerset Bridge to catch the final boat transfer is between 30 and 45 minutes. When we arrived at Somerset Bridge the 9Beaches boat was nowhere to be seen but the driver assured us the boat would come. So we waited. After almost 30 minutes the boat arrived but before we could proceed onto 9Beaches we made a quick stop for gas at Robinson’s Marina. Despite the wait, the boat trip is absolutely worth it. It’s only about a 5-minute ride but a very unique experience to arrive at the hotel via boat. We were treated to complimentary drinks and then checked in to our room. There’s not much to add about the cabanas that hasn’t been mentioned in previous reviews. They are spartan but nice. Our cabana had a fantastic view of the water.

That very first afternoon we experienced one of the best features of 9Beaches. We went snorkeling right off of one the beaches. The snorkeling right off the beach there is absolutely phenomenal. We snorkeled around Daniel’s Head Island and saw a fantastic variety of fish and coral formations and the underwater visibility was very good. The easy access to such great snorkeling was a great plus.

That night we ate at Hi Tide, which is the more formal of the two restaurants. The other restaurant/bar is Dark ‘n Storm’s that serves pub grub. The food was great but as others have written before the prices are exorbitant. Dinner for two including a bottle of wine was $130. Keep in mind that 15% gratuity is usually included in the bill in Bermuda.

The first few days we were there the wind was coming out of the northeast. That was a great bonus for two reasons. First, our cabana faced that direction and the breeze off the water provided some relief from the heat. And secondly, but more importantly, the northeast breeze kept the manure smell away from the resort since the farm is located southwest of the resort. Note, that the predominant wind direction is out of the southwest so usually the manure smell is blowing across the resort. As the week went by the wind shifted to the southwest. This led to an intense manure smell especially around the main lobby/food area (Hi Tide) and on the main beach by Dark and Stormy’s. Eating and relaxing on this major beach was extremely uncomfortable. The southwesterly wind also increased the number of bugs (mosquitoes/flies) throughout the resort. Our Top Banana cabana (#8) did not suffer from the smell during our stay, however it was so hot in the cabana that we could not stay in it at all. During the day, the cabana was basically inhabitable. This wasn’t a big deal for us since we spent most of our days near the water or touring the island but its something to consider if you’re looking for a place to relax or nap in the afternoon then head to the beach or if you are travelling with kids. It was slightly cooler at night but you have to be careful about leaving the doors and windows open because of the influx of biting bugs.

9Beaches does have portable a/c units available for an additional fee (I think its $50 per night). We asked for an air conditioner and were told that there was a waiting list. Go figure… We finally got our a/c when we transferred over to the Aqua Vista. Unfortunately, our a/c was a dud and stopped working halfway through the night but it was quite nice while it did work.

One of the great features about 9Beaches is the fact that they offer a wide variety of water sports. The rentals are handled by the Surf Shack, an independently owned business that is contracted by 9Beaches. The Surf Shack offers complimentary 2 hr kayaking for 9Beaches patrons. Like everything else in Bermuda the rentals are not cheap. For example, it costs $55/hr to take out a catamaran. They also offer kite boarding, glass bottom kayaks, and bike rentals. Jet skis were not available until our last day at 9beaches. The Surf Shack warns that people should not kayak to the nearby wreck of the Vixen because of “dangerous rip currents.” They suggest taking a guided kayaking tour to the Vixen, which would cost $35. We, adventure seekers, took the free kayaks and went to the Vixen. We did not have trouble with the tide and we did some awesome snorkeling around the wreck! There are so many big fish to see! Keep in mind, the Surf Shack no longer allows 9beaches patrons to charge the watersports to their rooms- you must pay by cash or credit card. We were told that 9beaches was not paying the Surf Shack. We enjoyed both the kayaking and the sailing.

A free activity offered by 9Beaches (not through the Surf Shack) is tennis. This was VERY disappointing because ALL of the rackets were in very bad condition. The wrap on the racket handles was loose and coming off. Not one racket was in “decent” shape. Plus ALL of the balls were old and flat. My gf quickly developed a blister from the hanging tape. Since 9Beaches opened only 4 months ago, it is hard to believe that this much wear and tear occurred in this time. Therefore, the rackets must have been bought used. We suggest that if you are an avid tennis player- bring your own tennis gear.

Bottom line, we had a great time but we will not return to 9Beaches. Here are some of the basic issues with 9Beaches:

1. Manure smell – this one is going to be hard to address though the staff told us that they were having an agriculturist look into the problem. It’s just something you have to be ready for and expect to experience.

2. The cabanas are HOT – I guess you’d be OK if you went during non-summer but cooler water temps may preclude some of the water activities. They should really consider putting window a/c units in all the cabanas or at least having enough portable a/c units to equip every cabana.

3. Staff - We realize the resort is new but how long is it going to take the staff to get up to speed with the resort’s operations. In general the staff was very friendly but clueless about activities, amenities, and obvious problems such as the obviously unmistakable manure smell. They are undermanned. They need to badly separate the functions of concierge and front desk attendant. 3 out of 4 times when you called the concierge you’d get no answer.

4. Cabana pricing. The Top Banana cabanas at 9beaches are not created equally. The Top Banana cabanas on the point were very private, were placed over the water completely, and they were not in the path of the manure smell. Whereas, the Top Banana cabanas at the front of the resort were less over the water and more in the path of the manure smell. We also found that the Aqua Vistas on the point seemed to be just as much over the water as our Top Banana near the front of the resort. The 9beaches staff claims that the price difference is due to the amount of privacy though in our opinion there isn’t much of a difference. We suggest that there be a price difference between the Top Bananas on the point and the other Top Bananas. An additional suggestion: any cabana sitting in the manure smell is free.

One final note, we were dining at Hi Tide and we found ourselves seated nearby to one of the resort’s owner/investor. Due to our proximity to their table we could not avoid overhearing some of their discussion, which included some of the issues at 9Beaches. He clearly thought people were complaining about nothing. He said that the manure smell was just something that was a part of the resort. He said, “. . . surprisingly, many of the people that go to 9Beaches are high class folk.” We found this attitude arrogant. He also minimized the fact that the web site promises more than what 9Beaches delivers. This leaves us with faint hope that there will be much improvement for 9Beaches in the future.

Spectacular Views

by TripAdvisor Member christined27

My husband and I recently travelled to 9 Beaches for a long weekend. Not having done much research, we weren't 100% sure what to expect.

We lived in New York City for years, and as a result we are quite picky when it comes to restaurants. We found the food at 9 Beaches to be wonderful and unique. Do check with the staff, though because a full dinner menu is not offered every night of the week (we got a pre-fixe meal once) to our surprise.

The cabana was comfortably furnished and private. Also, our view was something you can not get anywhere else, as far as I'm concerned. Waking up in the morning to the entire Atlantic outside my door with no beach or buildings in sight - it was truly a unique and spectacular sight. The sound of of nature lulling you to sleep was also amazing.

The staff was overall very friendly and attentive. We did have a few inconsistencies like lunch arriving very late once but the staff was quick to offer free food/drinks when problems happened.

The cabanas were hot some of the days and if you are someone who can not live without air conditioning then this may not be the right resort for you.

Overall 9 Beaches and Bermuda were wonderful and I would definitely consider returning.

A review with families in mind...

Our family (= 2 cabanas!) spent our vacation at 9 Beaches in July, 2005. Knowing that scooters aren't practical with children, familiarize yourself with taxis and the minibus, and budget for these services accordingly. We did a fair amount of research prior to choosing the resort, so we knew what we were getting into regarding the physical construction of the cabanas, the lack of air conditioning in the cabanas and the existence of the neighboring dairy farm (the word farm is being generous - poor cows). What a great natural setting for a "beach" vacation. Very good snorkeling right outside your door. The landscaping was awesome, especially given the fresh water-poor nature of Bermuda. The proximity to the water was perfect.
The food was very, very good at both High Tides and Dark 'n' Stormy's. Dining is very pricey around all of Bermuda, but the lack of lower-cost options for children, especially at High Tides, made it cost-prohibitive for our family to eat very often at 9 Beaches. Ordering pizza is an acceptable option, and the pizza prepared by High Tides is excellent. The 'hours of operation' for Dark 'n' Stormy's was unclear (sometimes open, sometimes not. Sometimes serving food, sometimes not). Breakfast is very good, but the exact same thing appears on the buffet each morning. A variety would be appreciated.
The staff was very courteous and helpful (except for a couple of fellows using inappropriate language around my children). The service delivered through the staff was inconsistent at times (no drinks offered during meal time, a request for an iron was forgotten).
The TREX decking which serves as the floor inside the cabana is difficult to clean and, seemingly, to keep clean. The ants quickly and easily found their way into the cabanas, so we wouldn't recommend any eating while in the cabana. We also saw more than 2 or 3 rodents (mice and a big rat) scurrying through the vegetation below the deck of our cabana, NOT INSIDE.
The reggae music played (loudly) at Dark 'n' Stormy's is great and fun for adults, but the drug references in the music are unacceptable with children around. Tucked in among the "9 Beaches" of the resort is a public beach. This was never a problem, but knowing this should be part of your homework, especially if your cabana is adjacent to the public beach. The trampolines in the water off the beach are frequented by non-guests.
We were at 9 Beaches when Bermuda experienced the islands-wide power blackout. The 9 Beaches staff did a great job during this time and took great care making certain that everyone knew what was happening, making sure everyone was well fed and generally comfortable.
You'll have a great time - Just do your homework and know what to expect!

This place is hot!

by TripAdvisor Member getmeonaplane

My husband and I just returned from Bermuda and the 9 Beaches resort. We were celebrating my retirement and had been looking forward to this vacation for more than a year. I had longed to go to Moorea to stay in one of their over the water bungalows, but it was just completely out of our budget. For months we had plane tickets and a resort in Antigua booked and then I happened to see the pictures in an advertisement for 9 beaches. Without hesitation I changed all of our plans so that I could get into one of those "over the water tents..oops, I mean cabanas.

You know, you should always trust your gut feelings. I kept hoping that we had made the right decision since it was a new resort without any reviews when I booked. The 9 beaches brochure made so many wonderful promises and I wore it out looking at it over and over. It promised a boat ride to the resort, a coffee maker, an in room safe, flip flops, ala carte service, dinners on the beach if we desired, impeccable service, and the desire to become a 5 star resort by catering to your every whim and ocean breezes that quelled the need for air-conditioning. Well, we didn't get any of that, but we did get alot of other things that we weren't expecting.

It all started when I kept e-mailing 9 beaches and leaving phone messages (they don't like to answer their phone, even when you are there), trying to make arrangements for transport to the resort from the airport. When we landed in Bermuda we still didn't know how we were going to get there. Fortunately, the bus service had enough room for us and took us and two other couples there. We were supposed to go to a dock somewhere and be greeted and given a boat ride to the resort. The boat was "broke" as we were informed and so we were bused all the way in. As the bus driver was taking us up the driveway, he said to us "just so you know, that smell is coming from the dairy farm next door". We soon realized what he meant when we were greeted with a strong manure smell. That smell lingered all week.

We had dinner that night at Hi-tide and it was a fabulous meal. The wait staff was friendly and we were very pleased with the service and the dinner. At our second dinner at Hi-tide, our server convinced us to have dinner at the other restaurant he worked at, Harley's in Hamilton, and we would know what it was like to get good service. We did in fact eat at Harley's and it was all he claimed.

When we first walked into our cabana #8, I was surprised at how hot it was. I thought it would cool off since all of the windows and doors were open. The next morning I woke up at 7am sweating and feeling like I was in an oven. I told my husband that I didn't know if I could take that all week. We called for a fan and they brought us one. Not much relief. The maid told us the next day that they had air-conditioners so I called and requested one of those. It was wonderful, that is if you were standing three inches in front of it. Our neighbors on their honeymoon asked for one and the resort charged them $50.00 a night for it.

I asked for a coffee maker. The front desk said they were still on back order. The duty manager told me they weren't going to get them at all.

I asked where our in room safe was. There isn't one.

I asked where our flip flops were. They were all gone.

I inquired about the ala carte service. The mobile cart was broke down and so the service didn't exist.

I asked for some water floats, they were all being used. "But" I said, "there are only two people on the beach."

Now, the straw that broke the camels back, happened the third morning when I woke up and my face was inches from a 5 inch long one inch wide streak of blood. The bad thing was, it wasn't my blood. There was also a streak of blood on the bathroom wall. I didn't see the blood the night before because it was covered up by my pillow. I freaked, called management and demanded that the hotel manager come to our room and see this. Well, he was busy and sent the "fun manager". Poor guy, when he left the room I actually felt sorry for him. The resort has a really nice lady named Sheila who was hired in July to try to sort out all of the customer complaint issues. My husband and I were up at the office while Sheila was explaining how she was going to conduct her investigation as to whose blood it was. Investigation? I'm still trying to figure that one out. The fact is there was blood on our bed and that was competely unacceptable. Sheila told us to go back to our cabana and that the manager, Marcus, would come see us. Well, guess what we found when we got to our room. The maid was in our bed, feet and all, apparently asleep. Now I was really mad. In the end Marcus gave us one free nights stay, we still had to pay the 15% tip, and a free dinner. I think maybe the maid was asleep because she was so overworked and underpaid. The staff at 9 beaches love to talk to the guests. In fact, we heard from several employees about how they weren't getting their paychecks and not getting the overtime pay they were promised or their share of the 15% tips that are automatically added to your rates whether they have ala carte or not. There isn't much loyalty among the staff.

Now, the trip wasn't a total loss. Bermuda was beautiful. We met some really nice couples at the resort. It would have been nice to get to know them. Three of them left for other resorts because they couldn't take the heat anymore. One girl, on her honeymoon, said she was leaving because she didn't expect to have to wear underwear when she went to bed on her honeymoon but had to do so because off all the ants in her bed. Forgot to mention that earlier. It was sort of fun watching the ants carry away the carcasses of dead moths out of your room. There were two ladies at the resort that requested a set of sheets so that they could each have their own bed. The staff went to their room to verify that the were indeed both women. No wasting sheets, or extra towels for that matter. I requested extra towels from one of the housekeeping staff and she looked at me as if I had just sprouted a horn from my head.

Anyway, we toughed it out. We really liked the location of our Cabana. It was very private and we had our own little beach that no one else came to. The biggest plus for me was that we had a great view of David Bowie's (I am a big fan) Bermuda hideaway. I would sit on our balcony and long for his appearance on the beach. The sound of zillions of tree frogs and the water splashing on the rocks would lull us to sleep. The views of the ocean were spectacular. It was neat watching approaching storms.

If you don't mind roughing it and a resort that still has alot of 'issues' to work out, then 9 beaches may be for you. As for us, it will be somewhere else on our next visit to Bermuda. I can't wait to see if 9 beaches still exists next year, after all, their predecessor didn't make it. You didn't believe that these Cabanas were brand new did you? Check out Daniels Head Village, it's on the trip advisor site.

Fabulous Resort

I have just returned from a 5 day stay with my 16 yr. old niece at 9 beaches. This resort was exactly what I had envisioned, and was the perfect vacation spot for what I was looking for- peace and relaxation. The cabana we had was set on rocks overlooking the ocean and an exquisite sandy beach was right below our cabana.(41) We were originally placed in cabana 2 but requested to be moved as we were right below the farm and there was an animal odor. Gina checked availability for us and we were moved immediately to our new cabana. The cabana was exactly as pictured and perfect for the two of us. The staff was absolutely incredible, so friendly, happy, accomodating and very helpful. I could not have asked for a more welcoming staff who made you feel right at home. If you are looking for a vacation spot where you can simply relax with an incredible view of the turquoise waters, or engage in numerous water sports this is the place to go. This is the place where you will forget the world you left behind and have a little piece of heaven on earth.

Casual resort

My wife and I were at 9Beaches July 13 through July 19, 2005

9 Beaches was previously known as Daniels Head Tent Cottages. The cabanas are made of canvas and there is no air conditioning. I only mention this because some of the guests seem to be surprised by this even though I think it is mentioned on their web site. The 80 or so cabanas are situated on one of the most beautiful pieces of property in Bermuda. Sort of on a peninsula and no mater where you walk on the property you have views of the water. There is a public beach which appears to be part of the complex although it is not. It is situated as you enter the complex between Cabanas 1 through 23 and cabanas 24 through 80. Looking at the site map on the web site, the complex starts to the right and moves to the left. Cabanas 24 through 80 are to the far left. In between are the main parts of the resort - restaurants, lobby, dock bar, etc, and to the right is cabanas 1 through 23. The public beach is the largest beach on the top part of the map as you move right to left.

From previous reviews I read about the smell coming from the farm next to the property. I specifically requested in my reservation not to be in the first 20 cabanas at the entrance. When I get there what do they do, they try to put me in cabana 6. As we approached the cabana after check in I could smell the farm. I guess they have to try to fill them but I immediately requested to move and they did without hesitation. Combine the smell and the public beach and you do not want to be there. With the public beach in between it also makes it feel like those cabanas are not part of the complex.

That said, any of the others cabanas 24 through 80 are great and all have great views. We stayed in an Aqua Vista near the top left part of the map beyond the dock and beach bar. We walked right out of the cabana down a few steps and there was the beach. If you want to save a little money the Sea Forever Cabanas are just as good in my opinion with just a good a view. I think they have no problem accommodating you if you want to move once you see where they are putting you.

Cabanas are about 16 foot square. There are small closet with a few shelves and a basket under your bed for storing. Small mini refrigerator and bathroom. Plenty of hot water despite what some previous reviewers said. Couple of ants but what do you expect you are on a Island. You can have a portable Air conditioner in your cabana for an extra $50.00 per stay if air conditioning is a must for you. It was for me and it was well worth it. Tip. The air conditioner drains into a pail built into the unit. This has to be emptied every few hours or it will just blow out air. That’s rough in the middle of the night. I finally just pulled out the hose from the pail and let the water drain through a crack in the floor. That seemed to do the trick.

Food and drinks. High Tides was excellent. Dinner and a bottle of wine about $130.00 with tip. A little pricey but you are going to pay a little more for the view of the ocean. Mostly the same menu every night so we decided to go out 4 nights of our 6 night stay. Breakfast was also very good but the same everyday – scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes, banana bread, fruit, croissants, mini glazed buns, coffee, OJ and grapefruit juice. This is included in the price of the cabana. We tried their ala cart service twice. Once to order pepperoni pizza while we were sitting at the beach bar and this cost $17.25 with tip. The other time we called from our beach to have something delivered to us and left a message but no one called back. I called the concierge and was told the person went home for the day and the service would not be available that day. Drinks are reasonably priced and 15% gratuity is included with everything you order.

All the staff was extremely friendly and courteous especially Eddie, Marvin and Chu.

Some negatives. There was no boat ride to their dock upon arrival. The boat was broken, is all we were told. Also no flip flops but who cares. Some problems with reservations as I mentioned earlier and at check out I was charged for all my nights there, even though their special is your fifth night free. Had to bring this to their attention and have my bill redone. Also, the fitness center was not up and running and the people cleaning the cabanas seem to ignore the do not disturb signs. Also, their generator did not seem to be functioning during the island wide blackout due to the fire at the power plant. We were without electricity, water or toilet facilities from 3:30 am Thursday morning to 10PM Thursday night. They did do the right thing however, and provided lunch and dinner free of charge for the day.

Overall, we had a great time considering the blackout and everything. Depending on what you are looking for, luxury or casual will determine if you stay here. If you need luxurious accommodations where you are catered to every minute this is probably not your place. If you are looking for something casual 9Beaches is fantastic.

I would definitely go back again!

not for me!!

My husband and I were very excited about traveling to this resort for our anniversary. We thought we did our homework, but were extremely disappointed when we arrived. I guess when some people go on vacation and spend close to 300 dollars a night, you expect your accomidations to be pretty nice. We found the cabanas to be one step up from a camp cabin, which is fine if that's what you're looking for in a vacation. I guess we expected a little more, so we hoped in taxi and made off for the "Princess". When we got there I did a happy dance. I just knew I wouldn't be able to sleep in the cabanas with no air conditioning( it stayed pretty hot at night). I have to add to that the cabanas weren't very clean(hair on the bed, and rust in the shower ond on patio furniture).

Vacation in Bermuda July 2006

by michael.titus2

"Mangrove Bay"

A picturesque bay just outside of Somerset on the West end of the Island. One of the most photographed spots in Bermuda.

"9 Beaches Resort"

The resort is set on a peninusla just south and west of the town of Somerset. It features quaint cabanas dotted across the property which afford the vacationer privacy. Some are on stilts out over the water as pictured below.

The resort has some issues; #1 being service. It is slow and there is a limited selection of foods. Additionally, dining costs are very high at this resort, but this is the same all over the island.

Bottom line, Bermuda is a beautiful place with very polite and nice people. We would go back to Bermuda in a heartbeat and we would stay at this resort again.

"Bermuda Aquarium"

The Bermuda Aquarium at Flatts Village is a great excursion while in bermuda. The displays of tropical fish and corals are wonderful. Additionally, there are other animals to view like seals and birds. A must see for any family with children traveling to Bermuda.

bermuda beaches

by liqdstar

" tobacco bay"

tobacco bay is in the northern end of the island, near the town of st george. we went on a rainy and incredibly windy day...you can see the waves crashing against the rocks.

" horseshoe bay between cliffs!"

horseshoe bay is a beautiful beach! its along the south shore beaches, and it had the most amazingly aqua colored water! the ocean water resembled the color of a swimming pool! there are lots of cliffs alongside the beach, which we climbed. the actual beach water seemed pretty calm though. i went in up to my knees despite the cold water temperature..i couldnt resist!

"random beach"

this is just some random small beach we passed on our walk to a lighthouse. all the beaches in bermuda were picturesque.

"horseshoe bay"

ok so this isnt a beach shot, but im throwing it in anyway. its just a random flower in bermuda wet from the rain.

Sunset from Sandys, BermudaSunset from Sandys, Bermuda

bus rental

by m.costlow

is it possible to lease a bus to take approximately 30 people from a ship at kings warf to 9 beaches for a wedding june 13, 2007 @ 12:30 until 3:30?

RE: bus rental

by YVRDave

Who did you book the group with?

RE: RE: bus rental

by Seabiscuit

There are no 'bus tours' per se, but if you call the BIU Garage, they may be able to help you out.

Bermuda Hotel Situation

by caslu

My wife and I have reservations at a new resort called '9 Beaches' in the Sandys area of Bermuda. Our trip is scheduled for October but I read in yesterday's Royal Gazette (the Bermuda newspaper) that this resort is on the verge of bankruptcy so now I'm thinking we should change resorts rather than risk them going out of business and us having no place to stay next month.

Any recommendations on a good place to stay - we're unfamiliar with the island so have no real preferences for a particular area.

Thanks,
Rick

Bermuda Beaches

by magmid

We are cruising to Bermuda in May. What's a good beach where we can rent floats or tubes and just relax in thte water. The shipped will be docked in St. George

Re: Bermuda Beaches

by MICHEALHOLM

LADY YOUR ARE SICK SICK SICK I'VE TRIED FOR ALMOST AN HOUR TO GET YOU TO SHOW ME YOUR WARES TO BUY FROM YOU FOR BERMUDA SOUVINERS AND ALL YOU KEEP GRAPLING ABOUT IS YOUR STUPID TRAVEL. I WANTED SOUVINERS FOR AT LEAST 50 PEOPLE. WELL IF THIS IS THE WAY YOU TAKE CARE OF SOMEONE THAT WANTS TO BUY YOUR WARES AS STATED I'M NOT WASTING MY TIME EVEN GOING ANY FURTHER

by Seabiscuit

I have absolutely no idea what the previous poster was ranting on about, nor do I want to know. But to answer your question, John Smith's Bay on South Shore should be quite nice (if not a bit nippy... May's still a wee bit early). Horseshoe Bay (South Shore as well) is great for 'sand-value', but very touristy. Shelly Bay (North Shore) is where pert near EVERY Bermudian learns to swim, and is very Family Oriented, with an enormous park located just to the north. Clearwater Beach is your best bet (although it's kinda rocky). You will never find it on your own, e-mail if you want directions.... ;o)

by disfigurative

i am also boing to bermuda in may, i was planning on going to the beaces and doing all of the usual things. will it realy be too cilli to do beach related things???

by Seabiscuit

No, May is fine for sunbathing, and hanging out at the beach. June, July & August, it's just too dammed hot. The water temps will be rising in May, so I suppose it's kind of a 'crap-shoot' for in-water activities. May is the perfect time to be there - not too hot, not too cold.

by Krisia

It'll be cooler than you probably expect. Warm enough in the sun and outside the water but the ocean will still be kinda chilly.

Comments