4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Pink Beach Club & Cottages
Travelocity Hotelsclick.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Pink Beach Club

Pink Beach is 1st Rate . . .

We stayed for the first time at the Pink Beach Club after staying at 5 other properties on Bermuda during our last 5 trips to our favorite close to home getaway. Traveling out of Boston on a 9:30 am flight, puts you on the beach in Bermuda by noon! That is impossible to beat from our neck of the woods. Though Bermuda is too chilly much before the end of April, it is usually fabulous for a May or June getaway before it gets really hot. We always scope out new places to try each time we visit, and found Pink Beach to be our favorite so far. We have stayed at Grotto Bay, Elbow Beach The Stonington (now called Coco Beach club), Pompano Beach Club in past visits. Pink Beach has the best food by a substantial margin. Very gourmet of extremely high quality and superb presentation! We have never had such delectable meals at a hotel/cottage setting. The staff was very pleasant and available to help with any requests. The rooms are all newly renovated and very comfortable. Of course the ocean front rooms are perfect with stunning views of the blue waters with pink sand beach. Bar service is available on the beach which is always nice when you just don't want to get up! This was a great place to relax and take it easy. We will definitely return here again.

Going to the Beaches. There...

by Beanie

Going to the Beaches. There so countless beaches aound only 22 sq miles big Bermuda.
Bermuda's beaches are mostly pink. Beach sand is not volcanic but from finely pulverized remains of calcium carbonate shells and skeletons of invertebrates such as corals, clams, forams and other shells. Pink sand and the crystal clear, turquoise-colored water go well together. YOu can easily get perfect postcard-like pictures!

Horseshoe, and the other south shore beaches

by pchamlis

When you think of Bermuda's famous pink sand beaches, you're thinking of the island's south shore.

The most famous beach areas are generally in Paget, Warwick, and Southampton parishes. Among the best places to visit are:

Elbow Beach, in Paget's Parish. The Elbow Beach hotel "claims" the east end of Elbow Beach, but the rest of the 1/2 mile stretch is public. There is a shower house in the area for beachgoers' use. Elbow is the closest beach to the city of Hamilton. Take bus #7.

Warwick Long Bay Beach in both Warwick and Southampton Parish. The great PLUS for Warwick Long Bay is that it's kind of deserted. There are no lifeguards or true beach support items in the area. And another issue are the riptides. Our b&b hosts say that the rips at Warwick Long Bay are notoriously strong, so if you visit the area to soak up some rays, don't venture far into the surf. Again, bus #7 is your ticket.

Horseshoe Bay Beach is probably THE most beautiful stretch of pink beach on Bermuda's south coast. Located in Southampton, Horseshoe Bay offers crystal clear waters, beautiful fine sand, basic beach area supports such as lifeguards and beach rental merchants, and even a small cafe. There is a public shower here as well. Bus #7 gets you to Horseshoe as well. IF POSSIBLE, try to pick a day to visit Horseshoe when there are few or hopefully ZERO cruise ships docked in Bermuda. You'll enjoy the space. At beach end is Port Royal cove, a snorkeler's lair.

There is also Church Bay beach, an attractive beach a little further west of Horseshoe. Church Bay is supposedly a very good choice for snorkelers. Once again, use bus #7.

I barely missed the TV....

by TripAdvisor Member Chicken_Carbonara

That's right, no TV at the Pink Beach Club. I can't believe I'm saying it, but I barely missed it. We had the most remarkable room and view I think I have ever seen. We stayed in Beach 2 which is a room directly on the beach. Open the Frech Doors and you're standing on the beack. I have seen the rooms described as shabby shiek and that's appropriate. It isn't the Hilton by any means, but the bed is comfortable, the bath spacious and the patio by the ocean superb.

The restaurant allows outside dinging and the MAP includes dinner and breakfast. Remarkable views of the ocean and surrounding town from the restaurant. I recommend eating after 8PM as it is less crowded and not as hot. Fish Chowder is tops!

The staff was a 9 out of 10 - only mistake was a missed massage appointment which we quickly rescheduled. The staff was couteous and seemed to care if we were happy on the checkout.

Will I be back? Probably, although I will tell you the rooms are pricey at $600 nightly but I guess you get what you pay for and as I said the room's location and view were memorable.

Just perfect

I stayed at the Pink Beach Club with my husband and nine-year-old son in August 2004 and I can honestly say that this was the most perfect holiday. The room was huge and overlooked the beautiful beach and blue atlantic ocean. The food was superb and the service was second to none. We have travelled to the Caribbean before and I was expecting the same laid back level of service but the staff were all extremely attentive but also very friendly.

The islands of Bermuda, all connected by bridges and ferries, are very well kept with none of the shanty towns so prevalent in the Caribbean. Every garden was well tended and there was plenty for my son to do. The quaint little town of St George, with the stocks in the market place, was well worth a visit particularly if you like to view a cruise ship in port. A short walk over a hill from St George brings you to a lagoon that is as warm as a bath.

The Crystal Caves were also worth a visit but the highlight of the holiday was a swim with dolphins in the old naval dockyards. The only downside to the holiday was the credit card bill when we got home. Bermuda is not cheap by any stretch of the imagination but I would recommend it wholeheartedly. Unfortunately my scanner is broken at the moment so I cannot put pictures on the web but if you would like any more information please feel free to e-mail me.

Shabby chic to just a bit too shabby

by TripAdvisor Member thereadbaron

The last time we visiting Pink Beach club was 2 years ago, a few months before Fabian hit. The resort then closed for months. What we expected upon return was renovated areas of the main house, the room, etc. But unfortunately, the biggest disappointment was the service. We were floored on our first visit - Mr. and Mrs. (name) at every turn. There were people with the hotel for 20+ years. I suppose after the hurricane, some of the hired staff (housekeeping especially) may have had to look elsewhere for work. When asking for new towels we were met with "tsk" noises from the mouth. When checking in at 10 pm, it took 15 minutes for someone to get us and our luggage (our cottage was at the very end and we couldnt walk our luggage ourselves.)

In the room, the rug looked like it had gotten very wet and left to dry. It was quite worn. The ceiling had leak stains. The sheets - well, there was a strange stain. But the view - ah, the view - that is what brought us back. Open the doors to your terrace for the best looking beach and get lulled to sleep by the ocean waves.

Back at the main house - the restaurant (why do they still insist on a jacket for dinner? its 90 degrees!) the rug was pulled up and frayed. The food, not as good as we'd remembered. But we did see some of the staff from our last stay and they were gracious and accommodating.

After our check-in mess, and overlooking the shabbiness of the decor and slight decline in service, the hotel, even without a tv, still has a pull for my husband and I. You somehow feel like you are home. Comfortable. They can get you Tee times at the best courses, they have a scooter rental on site, and they bring you pina coladas on the beach in styrofoam cups (and even the extra drink from the blender - giving you really two drinks for the price of one!)

While we are awaiting the opening of the tuckers point hotel and spa in 2007, Im sure if we visit bermuda again before then (and really, from NY its closer than miami - so why not?) we would stay here again. Its secluded yet minutes to hamilton but not near the crowds and traffic of the south shore beaches. Among the mansions of bloomberg and perot, the Pink Beach dazzles in the reflection of its private, cerulean seafront.

Perfect for our Romantic Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member njmom23grls

Wow! What a romantic weekend we had! I booked last minute and didn't really know whether or not we would like Bermuda. I was afraid it might be too formal or reserved for our taste - but we loved Bermuda and can't believe how beautiful Bermuda is. We arrived by from Philly and were greeted with a rum swizzle upon check-in. We stayed in Sea Rock 10 - a Jr. Oceanfront suite. Our room was beautiful with a king bed, balcony, and small sitting area. Our room was very clean - and kept that way through our stay. I loved sitting outside and listening to the waves crashing on the rocks below. The beach was beautiful and really did have pink sand! There was a small "shop" where one could borrow beach toys, snorkels, etc. free of charge. There were also lots of lounge chairs and umbrellas. The beach was mostly empty when we were there. I couldn't believe how close to shore these huge parrot fish would swim! The water was so clear you could see them school right at the edge of the wave breaks. You could see them from the balcony and the beach!
Meals are included in most of their room rates (breakfast and dinner) - they are not to be missed as noted by previous posters. We ate breakfast in our room 2 days and 1 day poolside. Joan, our wonderful room attendant would deliver breakfast - including setting the table outside with fresh linens and a toaster! Poolside was buffet style - but they had someone to make omlettes (or eggs) by request. Leon, the bartender - makes a great Rum Swizzle and always has your drink quickly. He was very friendly and helpful. Dinner was poolside by reservation - a fabulous 4 course meal with live music - and the incredibly cheerful, friendly and superb service by Emma, Andy, Arthur and one other man whose name I forgot. The fish chowder, (which I didn't expect to like) was delicious, as was the fish and several other dishes. We ate in the formal dining room 1 night and on the pool terrace 2 nights. The food and service was as good as any gourmet restaurant in Philly.
Lastly, one of the best assets of the Pink Beach Club was the wonderful help of Allison in the reception area. Words are hard to come by to describe the incredible warmth and hospitality she showed each and every guest. I felt as though we were treated as one treats dear friends who visit from out of town. We loved every minute of our weekend and can't wait to go back!

PS - tried to add more pictures but seems the limit is under 200K per photo

Shabby-Fabulous...we will explain.

by TripAdvisor Member rob&tinaNewJersey

We are a married couple, 35 & 38, and needed a quick getaway departing from Philly. A little more than 2 hours and we were in Bermuda. Dates of our travel were Tuesday-Saturday, June 7-11. Great time to go during the week as it was romantic and quiet, the crowds started to come on the Friday for the weekend.

We paid $560/night for a junior suite oceanfront.(This price included breakfast and dinner) Our room was Seacliff 5, the upper level of a 2 floor cottage. For the money, while the room was large with wood beamed cathedral ceilings, it was not updated, and the room furnishings were a bit shabby but not in the chic sort of way. Behind the bathroom door, paint was bubbling and ready to peel, and there were water stains on the walls. But we did have to remember that the island was devastated from the hurricane..However the room was clean, the linens and towels were fresh and abundant.

After a little investigation, we found out that the condition of this room was typical for Pink Beach at this time, and possibly all of Bermuda.

The balcony/terrace had an excellant view of the East beach, and we were just steps away from the sand.

The staff was extremely pleasant and could be described as formal but friendly.

DO NOT MISS A MEAL! The breakfast delivered to our room every day was amazing. You could order everything on the menu if you like. For dinner you have a choice to eat by the pool or in the formal dining room. We ate once by the pool, which was nice attire, shorts acceptable, and the rest of the time in the Formal dining room which we really enjoyed. The food in the formal dining room was as good as any topnotch restaurant we have ever eaten in. There was no need to ever venture off the property. We were there for 4 nights, if you stay longer, you may want a change.

Overall, we had a great relaxing time.

We would reccomend the Pink Beach to couples young and old who want to have a nice quiet getaway. But be prepared for a more lively crowd coming in on the weekends.

paridise on earth

by TripAdvisor Member pray1

I searched out many of the resorts in Bermuda and I picked this one because we didn't want the 'big hotel' feel. This was perfect!!! It's like you have your own priviate cottage on the your own beach. The staff was great...the food excellent....spend the extra money and get an ocean view... with at patio doors open, the sound of the ocean waves and the breeze it's like you are sleeping 'first class' on the beach :) The town is totally safe. I even went jogging by myself... Lastly since it's only a 2 hour flight from DC , you don't 'waste a day' traveling...perfect choice for a long weekend or many weeks :)

Dont get me wrong this is a nice hotel

This hotel is a perfectly nice place to stay. The view is lovely the rooms quite nice. However it does have a honey moon fell to it .. The dinners are dressy if you decide to eat in the main dinning room which was the only option one night due to a smith barney meeting taking place in the property. The other option is the out door dining area with a spectacular view. The beach was small and water a bit chilly in march, So This wouldn't be my first choice. Unless it was for a romantic Holiday.

Geina on a pink beach!Geina on a pink beach!

Bermuda Info.

by andluc

My husband is working in Bermuda (Warwick Parish). I am planning to go to there with my 3 and 9 yr old sons, in July. Can anyone tell me what is there to do with the young ones and what is the weather like there. Any info anyone can give me is greatful. It will be our first time there so we don't know what to expect. My husband works there but doesn't get out very often, so he hasn't checked around yet. Like I said any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

RE: Bermuda Info.

by UrbanSpaceman

Hi there ! I can't exactly comment on what Bermuda is like in July but I can tell you that when we visited it last year in April for my wife's 50th birthday, it was absolutely beautiful ! Bermuda is truly one of the loveliest places on earth with its fantastic pink beaches, incredible coloured turquoise sea, friendly people and great weather.It was warm in April and have been told it is very hot in the summer - so do take plenty of sun tan lotion and use it liberally.A hat would also be a good way of preventing sunburn. As far as things to do are concerned, I imagine the boys would enjoy anything to do with the sea - the beaches are beautiful and safe in the main (there are lifeguards on some of them) though do be aware that Portuguese man of war jellyfish can sometimes be washed up on the beaches and their sting, even when they are dead, is very painful. Glass bottomed boat trips which sometimes go out over old shipwrecks are interesting (there are many wrecks off the rocky reefs of Bermuda) and during the summer, a wildcat speedboat goes on a circular trip around the island.The Royal Naval Dockyard is a very interesting, if somewhat touristy area,where there is a Dolpin Quest in which children can swim with the dolphins (for a healthy fee !).The Bermuda Aquarium and Zoo, though fairly small, is in a beautiful position in Flatts Village and could help you to while away some time as well.Getting around the island is probably best done on local public transport (buses and ferries) as car hire is not allowed and the mopeds could be hazardous if you are not used to them and have young children. Travelling by ferry is lovely anyway and you will see many beautiful waterside homes from the decks of the ferries.I could probably go on and on - and am more than happy to answer any other questions and also provide a list of useful websites. Hope this helps a little bit ! Have a great trip ! Graham

Comments