The Yellowknife Inn

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • RavensWing's Profile Photo

~ Sticky Socks ~

I arrived at 9:00pm and when I walked into the reception area there were about 30 other people standing there. I went up to the desk and the woman was a bit short with me. Before I spoke a word she said 'If you don't have a reservation you'll be sleeping in the basement on a cot with the rest of these people'. I'd had a very long day and it was far from over and wasn't in the most cheerful moods. I told her I had a reservation so I would like my room key. She checked me in, I took my luggage to my room, opened the door and for a brief moment I was happy that I would finally get off my feet.

Walked into my room, put my luggage on the rack and took off my shoes. My first mistake. The carpet was so dirty that my socks stuck to the carpet as I walked. Disgusting. I set up my laptop to get some work done. The rock hard bed was in the way of the data port. Instead of sitting at a desk to do my reports I had to push the bed to get to the data port, and the electric outlet was no where near the data port.. Wires everywhere. It was the most uncomfortable way to get some work done.

The mirrors were dirty, the furniture old and dated. Even the heating system was still the old rads that run along the walls. This caused the bed to not be able to push up against the wall properly.

The only positive is that the bathroom was clean.

This inn is right in the center of Yellowknife and has recently been completely refurbished and updated. The new lobby is joined to a large shopping-and-dining complex, the Centre Square Mall, making this the place to stay in winter. Guest rooms are a fair size, some with minibars, and offer amenities that have won an International Hospitality award. The walls are decorated with Inuit art.

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

The Yellowknife Inn

Unique Quality: This hotel looked like a good place to stay in Yellowknife. It was clean looking inside, right next to all the shopping and the downtown core of Yellowknife.

Check out their web site I guess for rates.

Directions: Downtown