Best Western Charlottetown

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 2.5 star hotels

More about Charlottetown

"Peak #2" of "Mount Springton", PEI"Peak #2" of "Mount Springton", PEI

Looking east from Cape Tormentine, New BrunswickLooking east from Cape Tormentine, New Brunswick

Located near the foundationLocated near the foundation

Victoria Row in summertimeVictoria Row in summertime

Travel Tips for Charlottetown

Kiss the Cup, baby. It's all about kissin' the Cup

by stodmyk

My best memory of PEI involved that which is the Holy Grail for hockey fans, the Stanley Cup.

Grant Marshall, then of the Cup-winning Dallas Stars, had married a woman from North Rustico, PEI, and settled there in the off-season. In his community work with the local kids' hockey teams, he promised them that if he ever won the Cup he'd bring it back to North Rustico for them.

'Yeah, right, Grant,' they said in disbelief. 'Like if you ever won it you'd bring it back here.'

Well, he was true to his word, and believe it or not, the day Grant Marshall shared it with the people of North Rustico was the FIRST time in history the Stanley Cup had ever visited Prince Edward Island.

We happened to be driving through North Rustico and asked a local resident why the throngs of people were gathering in a wee park on one end of town. Of course, when I heard why, I put my foot down. "If Liane can have us spend a day in Cavendish to look at Anne of Green Gables' bedroom, then dang it we can sit in the sun and wait for a turn to kiss the Cup."

Unfortunately the picture of me kissing Lord Stanley's mug didn't turn out. But the one you see here is still a fond reminder of just how far a lifelong Canucks fan has to travel for a chance to touch the Cup. :)

(Oh, and that dude on the right? That's Grant Marshall, ex of the Ottawa 67's, Dallas Stars, and Columbus Blue Jackets, and proud owner of one shiny-ass Stanley Cup ring. As of today he's three wins away from a second, this time with the New Jersey Devils.)

Photo credit: Liane "I-am-so-bloody-patient-with-this-hockey-boy-thing" Turman

Winter sports

by fairy_dust

If you come in the winter, you can go skiing or snowboarding in Brookvale. You would have to drive there, it's outside Charlottetown. I think you can also go cross-country skiing in Victoria Park and other parts of Charlottetown. If you like skating, there is an outdoor skating rink in Victoria Park and a few indoor rinks around town. Also, in the schoolyard of Stone Park Elementary school, there is a hill where a lot of children go sledding. If you don't have ski or snowboarding equipment, you can rent it at Brookvale. I think you can rent skates at the indoor rinks, but you need your own for the outdoor rink. There is a second-hand sports store on University Avenue if you want to buy cheap equipment.

A great place for brunch

by fairy_dust about Smitty's

This place is a family restaurant, great for breakfast, brunch, or lunch. They have typical breakfast foods, and there are a lot of choices on the menu. They have supper foods too, so you can eat any meal there, but breakfast is very popular there. I like the breakfast foods there. There are combo meals that include pancakes, sausages/bacon, eggs, omelettes, etc. I like the International breakfast - French toast, Belgian waffle, eggs, and sausage. I also like the strawberry pancakes. Most meals are between $6 and $10 Canadian, excluding beverages.

Quaint Capital City

by ClassyGirl

"Charlottetown, PEI"

This is the only picture I have scanned at the moment. Down this street, my friend and I ate at a restaurant on an outdoor patio down this street, where a band was playing for all of us. There is cobblestone on the road, so it was almost reminiscent of Western Europe.
I will soon put up some pictures of the harbourfront.

"At the Harbour"

Here's my friend Michele doing a weird pose at the Harbourfront in Charlottetown.

"University of PEI"

Michele and I slept in a dorm room at the University of PEI while in Charlottetown. It's not the prettiest place to stay, but it is cheap. :) Unforuntately I didn't take any pictures of the exterior, so here is one of me as we were getting ready to go out!

Comments