720 Water Street East, Summerside, C1N 4J1, Canada

More about Clark's Sunny Isle Motel

A wonderful surprise

by TripAdvisor Member chatylake

Traveling in the 21st century can sometimes be a wonderful surprise. We booked our stay at Clark's Sunny Isle Motel with some concerns about staying in an older motel, even though the owner guaranteed that his motel was "very clean". We were pleasantly surprised when Clark's far exceeded our expectations.
The grounds are pristine, not even a cigarette butt in the driveway.
The rooms are recently remodeled with modern bathrooms, new carpet and a mini-fridge and microwave and very comfortable beds. Behind the motel you will find lovely gardens with seating areas and a lovely walkway, nicely mowed, leading to Bedeque Bay. Perhaps the nicest surprise, however, was the genuine friendliness of the owners. In this day of high priced, fast paced corporate hospitality, it was wonderful to find owners who were willing to take a moment to chat with the clientelle, suggest dining spots and trips around the island and just show a real, genuine interest in assuring that our vacation was one to remember. Would I recommend Clark's Sunny Isle Motel? You bet I would!

Clean, great service, and comfy...............

by TripAdvisor Member Rambo06

We would recommend this motel to anyone looking for good accomodation. Rooms are really clean, beds are comfortable, and staff is very friendly. The hospitality is above and beyond.

We had made reservation for five days and the night we arrived received an emergency call where we had to leave the following morning. Our money was refunded with no hassle.
We were able to reserve again the following week and were having such a good time that we extended our holiday and again Myles Clark went out of his way to accomodate us three extra nights after shifting some of his reservations.

This is our motel of choice when we return to PEI.

Jerry & Lynda Woermke
Bristol, QC

Not bad

by TripAdvisor Member Frozenhand

Its a pretty standard motel, rooms are a good size, friendly owners, good free wireless internet. Walk to the 'beach' is a waste of time, unless you like being attacked by bugs - the beach is covered in slime and rubbish, and no good for swimming.
Good advice from the owner on swimming beaches (Chelton), and its handy to the bridge, but in a place that small, there are better options.

Great Spot

by TripAdvisor Member Monacd

I'm from Summerside and have passed this motel thousands of times. Finally had occasion to need a hotel in town and decided to give this place a try.

We had a room with one Queen size bed for 2 nights. The decor was dated (though the curtains and beadspread were nice and seemed relatively new) and the furniture a bit worn but everything was very clean. There was a small refrigerator and microwave, window air conditioning unit and TV with cable. The bathroom had a small tub with shower with a hairdryer as well.

There are no phones in the rooms but a pay phone is on the grounds and most people have cell phones anyway. They advertise wireless internet but I found it frustratingly slow, they do have a computer connected to high speed internet in the lobby for guests to use.

At check-in, we were told by the proprietor that there was a continental breakfast served in the mornings in the lobby but we didn't have time to give it a try.

This is a great little spot, super clean rooms and lovely grounds. If you're looking for a place to lay your head for the night or base your Island holidays I would recommend this spot, the price is right!

Gazebo a great addition

by TripAdvisor Member blackettslaker

My husband and I usually make a trip to PEI at least once a year.
We started staying here many years ago and like to travel either in June or the fall when it isn't too busy. We enjoy the gardens and the walking trail and this year a gazebo has been added. We feel very much at home here. The housekeeping is first rate with no worries of unpleasant surprises. The staff is hard working with obvious pride in doing a good job....and this they do going the extra mile to make everything nice and cozy for their guests. Besides, they are genuinely nice people and this shines through. We always recommend this place to our good friends when they come to PEI.
Helen Jenkins

Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member GuelphAlyre

Clark's Sunny Isle motel is a great deal. Our room was incredibly clean and was kept that way everyday. The view from the patio was beautiful. The path to walk to the ocean is great but be sure to bring your bug spray, the mosquito's are plentiful. My wife and I had a wonderful time.

Sunny Isle...Two Thumbs Up

by TripAdvisor Member JayDLewis

This was my second visit and was more than happy with the hotel.

The staff was extremely friendly, the room was clean and we were very pleased with how quiet it was.

The continental breakfast was a bonus as was the free WiFi. However, the WiFi was a little spotty but who goes on vacation to surf the net? FWIW, I did have to download a large file and did so without any problems.

Will definitely be returning and will definitely recommend Clark's Sunny Isle to friends and family traveling to the Island.

Fantastic hotel A+++

by TripAdvisor Member argo19

After searching for a nice inexpensive hotel in Summerside, I had given up hope, until I found Clark's Sunny Isle Motel! I looked at their informative website and decided I would try for one of the newly renovated rooms, although the older ones looked just fine too.
I called and the owner Myles answered and said he would do his best to get me the newer room.
I also asked for an early check in and Myles was very accomodating. Upon arrival Myles showed me my room and ensured I was happy with it.
The room was beautiful with modern spa colours and a lovely flat screen tv and excellent wireless. The wardrobe area was perfect and the microwave and fridge were huge bonuses!
The beds were so incredibly comfortable I can't recall sleeping that well in a hotel. The bathroom was nice and large and beautifully decorated.
The room was very quiet and the continental bfast in the morning was very homey :-)
I will ALWAYS try to book this hotel when in the Summerside area. You cannot beat the price and the quality!!
Great job Myles and thank you very much!

Friendly Staff - very helpful

by TripAdvisor Member IceMother

This is a delightful motel in a beautiful location. If you are looking for a five star hotel then this is not for you but if you want something clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced then Clark's Sunny Isle Motel is the answer. The rooms were basic but very well maintained. We found the staff very friendly and helpful starting with our late arrival. They provided good suggestions on places to visit and the best route there. They also recommended two delightful restaurants and we were not disappointed. Would definitely recommend this to others and will stay there again if the opportunity arises.

Absolutely top notch!

by TripAdvisor Member cruiserjim68

My family and I stayed at Clarks on July 7, 2008, for our last night on PEI. We chose this motel because of the excellent trip advisor review and we were not disappointed! Miles put us in one of the newly renovated rooms, and for the price we paid this was incredible value--by far the best value on our 5 week trip around eastern Canada and the US. The room was extremely clean, the bed and decor were absolutely first rate, and the wall-mounted flat screen TV was a nice touch. We found the grounds very well kept, and Summerside is a good, central location to explore the island. The only regret we had was that we did not stay here the entire time! The Clarkes were very friendly, and they obviously take great pride in their motel and in what they have to offer their visitors. If we ever return to PEI there is no doubt in our minds where we will be staying!

Comments