Arrow Motel

337 Banff Ave, Box 1070, Banff, T1L 1H8, Canada

Satisfaction Average

• Karlie85's Profile Photo

Banff on a budget

The Arrow Motel is on the same property as it's sister hotels the Ptarmigan Inn and Driftwood Inn. My husband and I go to the Rockies fairly often and had stayed at the Driftwood before. We were doing a
    quick weekend city break, one night in Banff and one night in jasper, so we decided to try the cheaper Arrow Motel.

It was perfectly adequate for our needs. The room was on the small side, with a double bed and a shelving unit with a TV, as well as a coffee machine. I really liked that the bed was the same type they have in the Driftwood and Ptarmigan, something they call a 'mountain luxury bed'. It was nice and soft, just the way I like my beds. Very comfortable for me. The bathroom was alright, your average three piece with toiler, sink and shower only. It was a bit hilarious how low the shower head was, though. I'm only 5'6" and it wasn't even above my head. My husband is almost 6' and he had to duck his head under when he wanted to wash his hair. It didn't bother us, though.

All three of these properties are in a great location on Banff Ave, within walking distance of all the shops and restaurants - no need to take your car. There is free parking at the hotel. I believe you can
    also ask for a free ROAM bus pass, however we didn't require one. Guests at the Arrow have access to the Ptarmigan's health and spa facilities, and room service through the onsite restaurant.

Banff is a gorgeous spot that I will always return to over and over again. The true beauty is out in the countryside, in the mountains, water and wildlife, not in the hotel rooms. The Arrow is the cheapest
    room I have ever found in Banff and I will stay there from now on. We paid $129 for a Friday night in peak season. We were originally also going to stay on the Thursday night, and it was $109 for that night.

More about Banff

View from Mt. Norquay Lookout, over  BanffView from Mt. Norquay Lookout, over Banff

Banff Ave with Cascade MountainBanff Ave with Cascade Mountain

Tricky Dicky at Balkan, The Greek Restaurant.Tricky Dicky at Balkan, The Greek Restaurant.

Early morning on Banff Avenue.Early morning on Banff Avenue.

costs

by scoobydouk

me and a group of friends are looking to go to Banf skiing and boarding next winter (2011).Can anyone tell me how expensive or not day to day stuff is? i.e. food and drink.thanks

Re: costs

by sdcatraveler

Your page does not indicate what country you're from, so its hard to answer your question. I am from the US and thought that it was a little bit pricey, since it is a small town. Definitely not pricey like New York, but if you want to go to a restaurant, I recall it being around $15-$20 US for a nice sit-down restaurant. We ended up doing most of our own cooking. There is a Safeway supermarket in town and they have pre-packaged "lumberjack" sandwiches that were 3 in a box. We lived off of these and they were about $5 for 3 sandwiches. There are hostels and a campsite up the hill from town and there is a bus that will get you from the hostel to the town area. Hope this helps! Its a beautiful area.

Re: costs

by cherrymcewen

There's a second hand store 229 bear st in the bsmnt (under the cinema) for super awesome and cheap stuff. The Last Temptation.

Travel Tips for Banff

Internet Cafe - The Underground

by Mikebb

Most traveller these days rely upon the internet and often it is difficult to find a provider of good service.

We found the Underground at 211 Banff Ave in the centre of town had fast internet, helpful service should you need it, card readers and allowed you to burn your photos at no extra charge.

Sieve out good company to travel Canada with!

by Fudge

I truly enjoyed the mix of people Zal and I met along the way. At first when you sign up for things, you're never sure how the group dynamics is going to turn out.

We later chose people we wanted to travel with cos it's easier in making joint decisions. But we found most travellers who had signed up for the same thigns as us, were of a certain maturity and it was really comfortable travelling with them.

Something I didn't feel so adept with in Vietnam and Cambodia. Then again I was literally on a shoestrong budget then, so everything changes. This place where we all camped was such a stunner. We used to sit on this patio jutting over the water (btw, the current is fast!) and have sandwiches and share jokes about each other.

Here is Maria, me, Zoe, Nigel and Zal looking pensive :)

Banff Lookout

by Fudge

Overlooking the entire place called Banff was this Lookout Point.

The city spread out in front of us... it was very cold adn cloudy up here . be prepared with rain jackets. It starts drizzling/raining anytime without warning.

Bighorn Ram

by Sharrie

Look! The Bighorn Ram! For someone like me who's been living in the city, this is indeed a rare sight! Have never even heard of all the exotic names of these wildlife before coming here! Moose?! Bull Elk?! Caribou?! Pika?!!! To see them in person? WOW!

Counting down the seconds

by zrim

Maybe I have lived a sheltered life, but I have never seen a pedestrian crosswalk signal that counted down the seconds remaining before the light changes. Somewhat useful I guess--can guage whether the crossing pace should be a sprint or an amble, But I had always gotten by with the rule of thumb: green means walk, yellow means run.

Comments