The Fairmont Banff Springs

See Amenities
GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

If you can afford it

by written on November 4, 2011

I didn't stay here, but would certainly love to.

This is one of the original Canadian Pacific Railroad chateaus built like a Scottish castle. Like the others, it is in a magnificent location next to the Bow River at the entrance to the town. The view is magnificent!!!!
This looks like it would be an awesome place for a honeymoon:)

The hotel website probably won't advertise this, but there are some stories of paranormal occurrences at this hotel. True or not? One never knows.

807Wheaton's Profile Photo

Visit the Fairmont Banff Springs

by written on September 13, 2008

We stopped at the Fairmont Banff Springs to walk around and enjoy the architecture and the beautiful flowers around their property. It does not disappoint. The exterior of the building is made of Rundle stone, the material found in the mountains in this area. It's named after Mount Rundle which is easily seen from the Fairmont.

Unique Quality: The view is gorgeous from the back of their property - this view is seen from their dining room.

lionmouth77's Profile Photo

like a castle

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 8, 2008

We (2 adults and 2 children ages 10 and 7) stayed here in April of 2003 it was great. Looked like a castle. The room keys had holes in them and were really cool. My little brother liked the automatic revolving door. There was great Canadian bowling. I was very good at even without using bumpers like in the U.S. it was perfect.

Unique Quality: -The views were breath taking.
-It was centrally located.
-The people were wonderful.
- The property was gorgeous.
- The amenities were very entertaining.

Rebecca76's Profile Photo

Best Hotel

by written on June 19, 2006

The spa here is amazing. I had a free day at the end of my trip and thought I would take some time to detox. I was originally only going to stay at the spa for an hour or two, but after my first treatment opted for a day package with lunch. It might be my favorite spa experience to date.

If you are a tea person, you might want to check out this local berry tea they make, it was amazing! I have never tasted anything like it.

Unique Quality: When I was there a friend tried to convince me that it was the hotel from the movie The Shining, make no mistake, this is not the hotel! From what I can tell, that hotel is actually in Oregon, USA

Banff's luxury digs

by written on January 22, 2006

We attended a conference in Banff during September of 2004 and stayed at the Fairmont Banff Springs. Our surroundings were beautiful, the view out our window was breathtaking. The service at the restaurants was excellent if a bit pricey. The flowers at time of the year were awesome. Many of our meals were event-oriented and the food was very good.

The Spa was a special treat, the massage was wonderful.

Unique Quality: The sense of history at this facility is overwhelming. We were provided with a tour of the castle and the character and charm was everywhere. So many comfortable conversations areas, you turn a corner and fine another fireplace ablaze with folks lounging with a book or paper.

lohki's Profile Photo

Old Ghosts!

by written on January 10, 2006

I have stayed here a few times and enjoyed myself immensely!

And I adore heading to the Solace spa for the day, or perhaps a wrap! Anyone can do this for 50.00, note a salt rub for 65/70$ also gives you access to the Spa for the day of the treatment!

Unique Quality: If you can get a room looking down the Bow Valley, it is worth it.

I like wandering the old hallways and staircases by the pink Ballroom. Haven’t decided on the re-vamped entrance yet.

The Sunday Brunch ($35.00) has been a tradition in my family since childhood!

tioga's Profile Photo

Banff Springs Hotel

by written on January 1, 2006

Banff Springs Hotel - The 'Castle in the Sky'

This is a massive place, rooms by the hundred, great passageways, huge dining rooms, dozens of shops, enormous function rooms, indoor swimming pools, they have it all. I have been in towns that are smaller than this place.

My room was rather small, but hey, the view (see other photo) was priceless, and anyway, I am only in the room to sleep.

There was a delightful Gift Basket (see photo) in the room on Christmas Eve - chocolates, fruit, jams etc - and an invitation to join in a 'Christmas Carols with drinks and snacks' put on by the Hotel.

Most pleasant and helpful staff.

Unique Quality: Just look at the photo showing the view from my room, - could you get anything better than this?
I would imagine it is stunning at any time of the year.

doreenellen's Profile Photo

Banff;s Finest Hotel

by written on January 28, 2005

Banff Springs Hotel
Very Grand Place and very expensive to stay
Government officials, Premiers from all countries have their conferences there and the rich and famous stay in the grand rooms.

Unique Quality: Unfortunately we could only view this hotel. Looks lovely in the snow

taryn21's Profile Photo

Huge Hotel

by written on September 7, 2004

I didn't stay at this hotel, but here's a great picture of it to give you an idea...it's a beautiful building.

shleprock's Profile Photo

Banffs most beautiful

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 13, 2004

this resort overlooks banff on the side of a mountain the service is excellant

Unique Quality: built of stone and looks like a castle 10 minutes walk from shopping.William Wallace cigar shop,nice view from rooms.

Directions: end of town turn right

spartan's Profile Photo

'Canada's Castle in the Rockies'

by written on September 21, 2002

Styled after a Scottish baronial castle, The Fairmont Banff Springs offers stunning vistas, championship golf courses, unparalleled skiing, classic cuisine and Solace, a world class European-style spa.

Unique Quality: Experience timeless beauty and luxurious comfort in a pristine wilderness.

spartan's Profile Photo

Old world beauty in Canada

by written on September 21, 2002

Few hotels in the world can rival the majesty, hospitality and scenery of The Fairmont Banff Springs.

Unique Quality: Its unique blend of opulence and seclusion has been a symbol of Rocky Mountain magnificence for more than a century.

Nearby The Fairmont Banff Springs

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Banff Travel Forum

Need advice about Banff, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Banff and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Banff hotel reviews