3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Expedia.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Costs 56% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• nkhong's Profile Photo

Nice Romantic Weekend Hotel

With it being my first time in Banff and not sure what to expect, I did some research and it seemed like the Fox Hotel and Suites was located pretty close to the Banff town site. The hotel was situated right at the beginning of Banff Avenue, which was easy to locate. The hotel lobby was rustic and comfortable. As we checked, the staff was friendly and able to offer us advice of where to go eat and what to see in the area. The room itself was cozy and a decent size. Unfortunately, only staying there for one night, we were unable to try out the open-air spa that was located in the basement of the hotel. The hotel also has free underground heated parking! The hotel is close to Banff town site, but you would still need to take a taxi in the evening, especially during the colder seasons.

More about The Fox Hotel & Suites

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member traveler73AB

Beautiful new hotel. Great staff - very friendly and helpful. Very capacious rooms with an elegant decor. Fantastic wellness area . Chili's is a great restaurant (excellent staff) where you can relax after a busy sightseeing day - they have got a huge assortment of cocktails. We really enjoyed our stay and absolutely recommend the Fox Hotel & Suites.

super fox suite..

by TripAdvisor Member BCMTL

We are visitors from Montreal. Stayed at Banff August 7th.

Very nice suite with kitchen , two floors, TV at each floor ..

Big hot-tub unforgettable .. you have to see it ..

Wonderful new hotel for Banff with a very good service ..

Beautiful new hotel

by TripAdvisor Member KatelynRose

I just returned from 3 days in Banff. The Fox hotel is the newest hotel in Banff. The staff were warm and friendly and met any requests I had in a timely manner. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. I loved the hot tub which was like a grotto. The Chili's restaurant had good food. This hotel had a continental breakfast each morning, that met my needs just fine. I would go back and stay at his hotel. Overall I would give this hotel a 5 ot of 5 rating.

The Fox is a 'Real Catch'

by TripAdvisor Member YoungsterC

I recently stayed at The Fox hotel and suites in beautiful Banff Alberta, and I was blown away. Every aspect of this newly opened hotel was beautiful, especially the very unique hot tub and the attention to detail in each guest room. I was travelling with my fiance and after seeing this beautiful hotel in such a wonderful little town, we could think of no better place to come for our wedding. We cannot wait to return.

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member usatraveler100

We were very satisfied with the hotel and the staff.

Nice pluses for the hotel: a very attentive and friendly staff, well decorated, great rooms with flat screen tvs, free wireless connection, free parking (though it does fill up), free continental breakfast, great location, and Chili's, a perfect restaurant after a long day's hike.

The only downside, which I did not think was a big problem (and I am sensitive to noise) is that the most of the hotel rooms open to an interior courtyard, and so there is more noise than there should be for a nice hotel. I pointed this out in a comment card, and was very impressed to receive an email from the hotel manager saying they were addressing the issue by, in part, putting rubber wheels on all the maid carts.

Would definitely recommend the hotel and stay there again.

NEW OPENING JITTERS - they might work it out.

by TripAdvisor Member funtravelfun1

Nice decorator touches, but hotel staff has problems getting the rooms right. Wrong booking twice: no AC when they said there would be AC (yes, it was hot in Banff) and they gave us a 2 story unit when we asked for a one story (disability issues) and so on. Regular hotel room is tiny. No place to put luggage and will not hold more than 2 people. Very nosy on one end of hotel (by the laundry.) Suite is large, but 2 story issue was a major inconvience. Numerous small items need fixing in rooms - switches, blind closers etc. They just opened in June, so maybe they will get it right. I wouldn't stay there again.

Book a suite, not a standard bedroom

by TripAdvisor Member travelgalDallas_TX

Just got back from a 4 night stay at the Fox, in a standard hotel room accomodation, not a suite.

Overall, the property itself has many pluses:

Excellent, friendly and helpful staff.
Nice lodge-like ambiance, with a fireplace in lobby.
Great location - a short walk to the center of town.
Free underground parking.
Free continental breakfast (fruit, cereal, breads - basic but good).
Unique grotto hot pool.
Comfortable bed.
Chili's restaurant in lobby is convenient.

But there were also some negatives:

The standard (non-suite) hotel room was TINY. Think cruise-ship-cabin size.

Storeage issues: (a) No closet: only a 2-foot-long bar with 6 hangers set into an alcove. (b) Very little other storeage space: 2 *small* drawers, plus 2 tiny nightstand drawers. (c) Nowhere to put our luggage away in an already very snug space (solid surface under the bed prevented stashing it there).

The In-room safe was set on the floor, so we had to get down on our hands and knees to use it.

Insufficient bathroom lighing... a small (2 inch diameter?) bulb over the tub, and another of the same in the center of the room. Ok for most of the time, but the fact that there was ** no lighting over the vanity/sink area ** was a problem. I couldn't see well enough for doing makeup and my husband said it was not bright enough for shaving.

Noise issues: I loved that the room had windows that opened. Unfortunately, the standard rooms all open to the courtyard and exterior walkways. So when you keep your window open (which you MUST do to get some cool air in the summer - there is no Air Conditioning) - you hear all the normal people-walking-by-and-talking noises. We were woken up several times during the night by passers-by.

Conclusion: I think that if I were to stay here again, I would opt for a suite just to have some more elbow room. And I'd think hard about staying here again in the summer... it was hot in that tiny room without any A/C and without any cross-breeze (only one window to open). Great insulation for winter, but not really built for summer.

Fantastic Fox did it for me.

by TripAdvisor Member dmpWirral

Top rate, I feel that The Fox is the best by far that Banff has to offer - and I should know having checked out others before settling on The Fox.

We arrived in Banff having previously booked 2 nights accommodation at the Banff Aspen Lodge, regrettably this hotel fell way short of our expectations, we had to stay the first night but cancelled the second, after spending an hour playing hotel inspectors along the high street in Banff.

The Fox and its staff were brilliant from the start. We were going to stay in Banff for just the one more night but decided to extend this to two as we loved The Fox so much, it's new fresh and a real breath of fresh air in the mountains, we initially stayed in a double room which was superbly appointed and unbelievably the cost was comparative to the very shabby Aspen Lodge that we had previously booked, and the breakfast was a real bonus, lots of fresh fruit and plenty of choice and constantly topped up.

After two great days we checked out and headed to Jasper, however on arrival here we were once again disappointed with the accommodation that was on offer, so much so that we turned around and headed back to Banff, we arrived back late at night at The Fox hopeful that they would be able to accommodate us, the only room that they had available was a two bed roomed suite, as there were 4 in our party this suited us.

Well if we thought our rooms had been great the suite was fantastic, two great sized rooms, two bathrooms and a fabulous living space complete with microwave and flat screen TV’s in every room.

Don't forget to visit the spa, a fabulous underground cavern, which makes all the others we saw in Banff looked positively 70's and Chilli's - a real hot spot in town, great food, great service and great atmosphere.

The fantastic Fox did it for me!!!

Loved the Hot Pool

by TripAdvisor Member Travelling_Albertan1

We booked both a one bedroom suite and a two bedroom suite for two nights. The hotel was beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. The beds were extremely comfortable and it was nice to have flat screen TV's in every room. We did miss listening to music though so it would have been nice to have a music channel on the TV or a radio in the living area. Two of the three bedrooms were very quiet but the courtyard location was a little noisy. That room was close to the cleaning and laundry area. We especially enjoyed the unique atmosphere of the hot pool. The hotel isn't too far from down town and we found it an easy walk.

The only problem we had was a wiggly tap in one bathroom but the hotel is new and issues like this are to be expected. The A/C worked perfectly fine in our rooms.The staff were all very friendly, helpful and polite.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definately stay there again.

Comments