Best Western Airport Inn Calgary

1947 18th Avenue, NE, Calgary, Alberta, T2E 7T8, Canada

Best Western Airport Inn
Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

This one just might be worth it!

On a December, 2007 trip to Alberta, I drove to the Red Deer area from Regina, Saskatchewan to help my youngest daughter and her husband with house construction chores before driving south to Calgary a few nights later to meet Sue at the airport as she flew in from Fredericton, New Brunswick. She had been on the go since very early in the morning, so we spent the night at the nearby Best Western Airport Inn.

It worked out quite well - the inn is easily accessable from the airport, yet is quiet with a friendly staff and we we had a very comfortable room. Sue must have despaired of me - with its wireless internet service at my disposal, I had both my Regina work laptop and my personal laptop tuned into VT at the same time at one stage of the evening (in my defense, she was enjoying a TV program)!!

Unique Quality: The beds were really comfortable, especially important for Sue after flying more than half-way across the country! The free continental breakfast the next morning was also a cut above the regular stuff that one encounters. However, what really impressed us was the quality of the food from their in-house Thai Place Restaurant! Between the two of us, after all our travelling, we just felt like relaxing in the room, so we ordered their Curried Chicken Matsaman dish. It consisted of juicy mixture of chicken, potatoes, onions, lemon juice, peanuts, coconut milk and matsaman curry (US$12) served with a small bowl of steamed white rice (US$2). We really enjoyed the flavours and it did not last long as we sipped on our accompanying glasses of wine. With taxes and an automatic tip, the total cost of the room service meal was US$17. The accommodations cost alone amounted to US$130 (US$ was at par with C$ at the time).

Directions: Driving south on Highway 2 from the Airport, take the East exit onto Trans-Canada Highway 1. About a kilometer later, as you climb the first hill, take the first exit to your left (it says 16th Avenue) and the Best Western is in sight.

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

Reasonable, and close to the airport

As I recall this hotel was one that my friend and I chose because of its proximity to the airport, and for the cost as well.
    It had all that I expect from a hotel - clean, and tidy, and also a nice little coffee maker which was handy.
    When you come into a city at night or are just there for 1 night, you don't really look for frills, you just want a comfortable bed. We found it here.
    They had a restaurant which was pretty good/standard stuff.

Unique Quality: As I recall, there was a swimming pool, but we didn't use it.

Comments