Best Western Village Park Inn

RavensWing's Profile Photo

Best Western Not the Best

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 6, 2013

I had stayed here for one night. I didn't like the hotel. My room was a standard king size room but it smelled like chlorine from the pool. It was so overwhelming that I actually walked to the other hotels in the village and booked in another hotel. If it wasn't for the overwhelming smell of chlorine I would have stayed.

In the room there is a television with cable satellite and in room movies (extra). There is also high speed internet access in all guest rooms. There are free local calls under 30 minutes, after that I assume the minutes are charged to your bill. There is voice mail and wake up calls. A desk to work at. Also included is a coffee/tea maker, hairdryer, iron and ironing board

There is a free continental breakfast that has the following options ---
choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, juice, and coffee.

There are 2 onsite restaurants, The Courtyard Restaurant with full service, and serves American food. It is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The Three Palms Lounge is a Bar/Lounge, and only open for dinner. It is a very comfortable lounge in an atrium setting featuring big screen televisions and a cozy fireplace.

Unique Quality: I love that there is a continental breakfast. Usually I am there on business so being able to grab breakfast that is already made, instead of waiting to order and receive it is a great pleasure to me.

I do enjoy the pool and hot tub - when it's not so over chlorinated.

Directions: From: the north.
Follow 16th Avenue, Highway 1 West until you reach Banff Trail. Turn right and then immediately left, follow the road around the bend, and turn right into the BEST WESTERN Village Park Inn parking lot.

Karlie85's Profile Photo

Does the job

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 21, 2007

I visited Calgary for one night and I only needed a very basic hotel as I wouldn't be spending much time there, so I decided to go with the Best Wester Village Park Inn.
I booked a room with two queen beds for $120CAD plus tax. The room was clean and comfortable. There wasn't much in it other than the two beds, a tv, desk, chair and a mini fridge. The bathroom was fairly small but clean.
When I checked in they told me the room I had was one bed and a pullout bed, but when I told them that was not what I booked they put me into the right room right away.
My stay was comfortable and I got exactly what I paid for; no frills or anything special, just a place to stay for the night.
The one thing I didn't like about this hotel was that the swimming pool was in the middle of the hotel, and it wasn't in a separate area, which meant that anyone with a room overlooking the pool (pretty much every one) could hear all of the pool sounds, so sleeping in was not really possible if anyone was in the pool.

Carmanah's Profile Photo

A good place to stay on a road trip

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 24, 2002

We stayed here for 2 nights in August of 1993 during our road trip. I honestly don't remember our room so much other than it had 2 queen beds and was perfectly suitable for my parents, my sister and myself. So if you're planning to visit Calgary with kids, it's a good choice.

We didn't spend much time in the room as we arrived in the early evening on our first night and went out for dinner at Chianti's. The next day we got up early and spent the day at Drumheller visiting the Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology, which is a good 140km outside of Calgary. The following morning we said our goodbyes to our hotel and explored Calgary's Heritage Park, which we loved.

Overall, this is a standard Best Western inn and a good choice for families doing a summer vacation road trip.

Unique Quality: The Village Park Inn is set up like an atrium where all the suites surround the lobby, restaurant, and indoor swimming pool. My sister and I thought that was pretty cool.

Directions: Located 3km away from downtown Calgary at the intersection of Hwy 1 and Crowchild Trail N.W.

Nearby Best Western Village Park Inn

• Free Parking
  • Business Services
  • Free High Speed Internet

Calgary Travel Forum

Need advice about Calgary, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Calgary and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Calgary hotel reviews

Zoolights!
Chinook Center
It's an Outlet Mall
Shopping
after 2013 what could top that?
Local Customs