3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Delta Bow Valley Hotel
Hotels.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Rated 10% higher but also costs 71% more than other 3.5 star hotels

• Calgary Downtown Hotel

This Hotel is located right downtown and was very convient for me....not only close to the office but lots of downtown shopping and restaurants/pubs.

What really made the stay so enjoyable was the staff...very personable and eager to please.

We will be returning for the Calgary Stampede this year in July and will be staying at the Delta Bow Valley.

Unique Quality: The Hotel has one restaurant, a lobby lounge, and 24 hour room service. (very handy). There is an indoor pool, whirlpool and sauna. As well, they have a supervised Children's Creative Center on the weekends that was a great option, while I ran out to do some shopping.

Directions: Downtown Calgary

More about Delta Bow Valley

Great stay, sweet room.

by TripAdvisor Member drag-po

We stayed at the Delta Bow Valley on Saturday, July 31st, 2006. I read the previous reviews last week and was a little worried about the renovations so I asked specifically for a room on a floor not in the process of being renovated. We received a very nice King Room on the 18th floor and our stay was pleasurable. By booking online there are rates in the $130 (Canadian) range right now. A great value. I would choose this hotel again.

Look at me now

After booking my stay in Calgary for the Stampede event I was very worried that the hotel's renovations would not be complete and that I would have problems with my stay. But thank goodness, as we got off the elevator we were very impressed by the tile in the foyer, the new carpet, lighting, artwork and benches. All of the finishings in the hallways are very modern and put me at ease as I walked into our room. We had an amazing stay, thank you to all the staff. We were even so fortunate as to be able to watch the fireworks at the Stampede grounds from our bedroom window. We will definitely return!

Would have liked to stay longer......

by TripAdvisor Member Casey001

Arrived in the middle of the night following lengthy flight delays, to be greeted by a very friendly and helpful receptionist. - most welcome after a fairly fraught journey. All the hotel staff that we encountered during our stay were just as good. Room well appointed and hotel is very central, so easy to walk out and around the city. Breakfast was great apart from a limited and fairly uninspiring choice of breads, though this was a feature of a number of hotels we used during our time in Canada. We were only staying one night so didn't have the chance to make much use of the facilities, but would definitely go back again

Spacious room, superior service

by TripAdvisor Member DiningDemon

We stayed here for a single night, following our arrival in Canada from the UK. The members of staff we met were extremely helpful and were impeccably well-mannered. Certainly, the level of service we received was far superior to that of any hotel I have stayed in the England.
Our room was very large with a view of the Bow river. We had amply space and the room's facilities similarly exceeded our requirements. The location was also excellent as the shopping district, Calgary tower and the river were all within easy reach. The hotel is very modern and thus somewhat lacking in character. However, given the nature of our brief stay, elegant architectural features or an illustrious history were not high on our agenda. I would unhesitatingly recommend this hotel to anybody.

Spacious? Please.

by TripAdvisor Member WorldTravellinNewbie

I read the reviews about spacious rooms and river views and this hotel sounded nice.

Unfortunately, I'm looking outside the window of a 25'x10' room (Rm. 801) at a government building, leading me to believe that either 1) I'm too cheap by paying more than CN$200. 2) The hotel which seems deathly quiet must be overbooked somehow. or 3) These other reviews are bogus.

Called down to the front desk and asked if I was in the smallest room in the hotel. She assured me they had smaller rooms. Seriously.

What a disappointment. Glad I'll only be staying one night, and I'll be careful about staying at Delta hotels in the future.

I would recommend staying somewhere else in Calgary. Apologies for the blurry cell phone pics.

Perfect end to a perfect trip

by TripAdvisor Member WesternStar

After 2 weeks traveling Alberta and parts of BC we stayed here before our flight home for one night. Check-in was quick we were in our room in 10 minutes, close to pedestrian mall, and Bow river. Appears recently renovated and pool and hot tub were a nice way to unwind after long trip. (Adults only after 10pm to 12am). Would recommend and stay again.

Just average

by TripAdvisor Member ShirleyAnnS

This hotel didn't dissapoint or blow us away. It is just a huge tower of rooms on the edge of downtown Calagry. Comfortable walking distance to the centre, area was slightly dodgy at times. Was expecting more for the price. Concierge was very helpful and lent us an plug adapter.

Nice hotel in good location...

by TripAdvisor Member Helen&Richard

We spent one night here in Calgary waiting for a flight home after a fortnight in the Rockies. The hotel is a fairly standard, high-rise block with nicely decorated, reasonably spacious rooms at reasonable prices within walking distance of all Calgary's sites. The bar is good for pre-dinner cocktails and the restaurant serves very good breakfasts.

by TripAdvisor Member mr_expresso_king

Just came back from 9 days being there. Hotel is in a very convenient location. It's 1 block from Centre Ave. and about 3 block from Stephans Ave. Hotel is very good. Prices on dinner and drinks are a bit high. So if you want a cup of coffee to Seattle's Best across the street or go directly 2 blocks up 4th to Starbucks.
Rooms were immaculate and getting help with anything was just a call away. Easy to get from the airport and back. If not traveling outside the city during your stay definitely leave the rental car back at the airport.

Comments