Le Germain Hotel Calgary

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 20% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

The Best Hotel in Downtown Calgary

Bar none- Le Germain is spectacular. I couldn't classify it as boutique becuase it caters to such a high level of business excellence, but it does have all the beauty and style of a boutique hotel. The rooms are outstanding. Ultra clean with modern decor, expressos in-room, sleek design and detailed decoration. The lobby and bar is posh and well decorated, with amazingly attentive service. Stay here next time you are in Calgary and experience Le Germain.

Unique Quality: The decor and sleek design, ultra modern tones and curves, and gorgeous, spacious rooms. My bath had the water pour in from a waterfall from the ceiling! Majestic!! The only downside for this hotel is the price per night. If someone from this hotel would ever give me a large discount I'd fly up today and stay again. :)

Directions: Across the street from the Calgary Tower

More about Calgary

Wildlife in the cityWildlife in the city

Snow LeopardSnow Leopard

SignSign

the "llamas" on the backthe "llamas" on the back

CALGARY AND BANFF - THINGS TO DO IN ONE DAY

by jcourtnellsmith

My wife and I are on tour in October and our tour company is leaving us two elderly travellers to our own devices for one day at these two places. Please tell us how best to enjoy our very brief stay taking into account that my wife can't walk very far. Our interests are good food, wine, theatre, shopping if there are plenty of resting places. Are there any day bus trips worth doing ?

Thanks folks

by hawkhead

www.sightseeingtourscanada.ca will get you onto Brrewster Caanda Sightseeing Tours and you can see what there is available in the way of day tours from Banff. The Columbia icefields are different but you may well be doing that with your tour company. Ditto Lake Louise.
www.aroundcalgary.com/calgarydaytrips/index.html will supply like information for day trips from Calgary. Personally, I think that a trip to see the Badlands is well-worthwhile. I still remember my trip there after many years.

by peaches88888

For banff, usually people just walk up and down the main shopping street (there's only really one main street, so it won't be hard to find). There's food, shopping, etc. There's also a couple parks on each side to sit and relax. If you want to sightsee, you could take the Gondola ride. There's probably shuttles going there.

For calgary, you could check out ticketmaster and see what's playing at Theatre Calgary or the Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium.

by jcourtnellsmith

Much appreciate the info guys. Thanks

Travel Tips for Calgary

Calgary Tip

by highd

We stayed for two nights in Banff. It was very cold, though some of us decided to rent bikes to get a bit around. But of 'some of us' remained only I, who rent a bike 'aus Protest' against the weather.
I bought some gloves (I will never do a trip withouth woolen gloves and socks!!!). I was lucky and it stopped raining. It was a great tour, I saw a lot of 'wild' animals and took some great pics.

Heritage Park

by Carmanah

I loved Heritage Park the most in Calgary. Heritage Park is a living history museum, except it's actually a replica of a pioneer town much like back in the day when Calgary was founded. It has shops and houses that you can tour (and buy things in). It has a train you can ride, working farms, blacksmith shops, and even an old fashioned country fair, complete with rides. And the best part? They have people dressed in period costume who wander around the park in character from the 19th century, which we were absolutely thrilled to see!

The previous year we had been to Barkerville in BC, which is a preserved "living history" town from the Cariboo Gold Rush. At the same time, I was a big fan of the Road to Avonlea TV series, which takes place in late 19th century Canada. Heritage Park really felt like I was stepping back in time to that era and I loved it.

When we visited it was a hot August day and it felt so perfect wandering around. It was just so nice to relax and meander aimlessly throughout Heritage Park, especially since we had been spending so much time inside our car that trip.

BRING LAYERS

by brookitabanana

The weather here can change very fast. Even the locals don't really trust the weatherman. Always be prepared with a sweater, overthrow, or shoes instead of sandles. You just never know here. You can rent gear really cheap for the University of Calgary Recreation centre - even hiking boots for ex., so I wouldn't overload myself with bringing too much. Just rent it while you're here.

PARTY CENTRAL FOR CALGARY FLAMES FANS

by mamasan69

The whole city of Calgary seems has gone crazy over the Calgary Flames hockey team this year. Everywhere you look there are Flames flags and people dressed/painted up in red and white.
The main during and after game parties have exploded on 17th Avenue SW in Calgary. As the Flames have progressed further and further in to the playoffs, it now has gone nuts. For example, last night after the Flames won, around 20,000 people packed this steet cheeering and chanting.
This activity doesn't happen all the time, the last time the Calgary Flames made it this far into the playoffs was in 1989. I can only imagine what it will be like if Calgary wins the Stanley Cup.
*****UPDATE, after last game over 50000 people decided to party it up!!!!******* Lots to drink and plenty of red and white, as well as a good shouting voice, the noise is incredible.

Country in the city

by csistok

We took our bikes and headed to Fish Creek Provincial Park the other day. It is located at the south end of the city. Take the Deerfoot south and then follow Bow Bottom Trail, it takes you right into the area, where there are various parking lots to choose from. (Note that there are other entrances to the Park as well, you'll figure it out if you have a map of the city. Get a Calgary's Pathways and Bike Routes map). Anyway, we made a 13-ish km loop from the parking lot north of Sikame Lake up to a bridge that crosses the Bow River to an area called Douglasdale Estates. Wow! what a gorgeous view of the river valley and of the Rockies in the distance. It really is a pleasant area. We followed the trail south toward the Mckenzie Lake area, and crossed the Bow River back to our starting point. Pack a lunch and make a day of it!

Comments