Marriott Calgary

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 122% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• meme62's Profile Photo

Excelent downtown location

Rented hotel room on priceline.com bet 40.00 dls and it was accepted first time total came after taxes at $ 48.79 and you don't pay GST.

Unique Quality: Great pool at 5th floor with sauna and a whipool too, the gym has fresh fruit to eat you can have a free snack !

Very close to the Glenbow Museum and Calgary Tower.

More about Marriott Calgary

Downtown Calgary

by TripAdvisor Member Sophie2604

First time I have stayed in the Calgary Marriott. I am actually a Gold Card Marriott Member so was upgraded and used the Executive Lounge. Rooms are good, new beds are lovely. Bathrooms in Marriotts are larger than average in North America. Hotel a little tired? Breakfast in Exec Lounge was not good so tried the restaurant and really impressed with that. Restaurant open for lunch but very reduced service for dinner which was reflected the one evening we ate there and another evening we had room service which was a pity. There is a very busy Starbucks in the lobby. Location is very convenient for the Glenbow if a little down market but very close to the shopping. I would stay again and as ever the Marriott staff are the best hotel staff in the world in my opinion so they keep bringing me back!

Very good stay

We recently stayed at The Calgary Marriott for one night for the Stampede. We decided to go on short notice and had some difficulty finding availability in town.
We found a king room at The Marriott for a pretty good price.

Check in was easy, Bag service prompt. The room was adequate and very clean.
When we entered the room we found that the toilet was running and the bellman said he would send someone up.

The Maintenance man came up quickly and repaired the problem. A few mins later there was a knock on the door and it was the maintenance man back again with a tray of warm cookies and milk for our two year old daughter which she loved!!

We ordered room service that evening and it came up quickly and we were amazed at the reasonable price. No service fee or added cost as is usual with hotel room service.

We had a bit of a scare the next morning when we were told that due to a parade they could not get our car! We were due at the airport and were panic stricken. A minute later our car arrived. The Valet person was able to get it to us by going through some back alleys and shortcuts.

We were overall very impressed with this hotel, mainly due to the staff and reasonable pricing.

Nice updated rooms

by TripAdvisor Member occupier

Having stayed at this Marriott a year ago, I had expected to return to the same old hotel. To my surprise, the rooms had been renovated...I mean, really renovated. You know how sometimes, they don't swap out the tub/tile or leave behind the light fixures, etc...this whole thing had been redone. So, new beds (very similar to the Starwood), new carpet, furniture, pillows to match, etc.

It's great staying here if you have a convention - since the confernence center is located either in the Marriott or in the Hyatt across the street - linked via a skyway. You are also close to downtown and the pedestrian mall. Great location.

Stay Somewhere Else!

We stayed at the Marriott Hotel in April, 2006 and I can't say I was impressed for the money! They have no parking, you have to park your vehicle at the Telus Centre, it cost us $30.00 for less than 30 hours. After parking your car you can look forward to a long walk through a maze of corridors to get back to the hotel. They do offer valet parking that costs about $28.00 per day. We booked under a large group rate, the front desk messed up some of the reservations and then informed parts of the group that they would not be receiving the group rate. The booking staff can be quite rude both in person and on the phone. For a hotel that is deemed to be posh I was very dissappointed with the rooms. Everything in this area closes early, you can't even get a bad cup of Starbucks coffee in the evening. If you want to be downtown and can afford to stay at the Hilton by all means go there.

nice Hotel great location

by TripAdvisor Member petrol1967

Stayed at the Marriott for 4 days back in February 05 when over in Calgary last year on business. Were greeted at reception by a friendly member of staff, who dealt with our request for 3 rooms with no problems. We had prebooked but there was a minor problem which was sorted out quickly and with no fuss. We had flown from Montreal on an early flight and had arrived into Calgary fairly early 11.30 but they still managed to find us 3 rooms to book into straight away. I spoke to a member of staff who gave me directions to a local pub where I was due to meet a relative, he went out of his way to assist me and I thought it was a nice touch. Excellent location for downtown and its conected to the walkway system in Calgary for shops's and businesses (to keep you inside in the winter, which is a great idea) Will stay again when i,m in Canada/Calgary again.

July 10-12 2006

by TripAdvisor Member Lucyinsky

Very central location, especially for sight-seeing and the Stampede.
The beds were extremely comfortable and the hotel is very family friendly. A typical hotel, very helpful to tourists, but nothing outstanding.

Excellent Location

by TripAdvisor Member capejoy

We stayed here at the end of our Rocky Mountaineer train journey and added on an extra night as it was Stampede time (12/13 July). The hotel certainly enters into the spirit of Stampede and so does everyone else. Right behind the hotel was a street with loads of stalls with Stampede goodies, we got ourselves a couple of cowboy hats, and also a roped off area where we watched the square dancing. The hotel is also a short walk from a C train station which we caught to go to the Stampede (just 3 stops). The Stampede is just amazing, if you can visit Calgary at Stampede time then you will have a wonderful time. There are a lot of little restaurants in the road behind the hotel and we had a couple of very pleasant evening meals sitting out on the pavement watching the world go by. The Calgary Tower is also just over the road from the Marriott, as is the train station where we arrived at the end of our journey. Our room and bathroom were perfectly adequate for a few nights and we thoroughly enjoyed our 2 nights in Calgary.

Good but not great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member MBenz

I've been here now for three nights and have been generally pleased with the hotel. My room is nice and the bed is very comfortable. I also have a desk and a sitting area. They have a deal for US$16.00 a day you get unlimited high speed internet and free telephone calls including calls to the US. The lobby is okay but the good news is that there is a Starbucks. The hotel is well located. The staff has also been very good.

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Cladrian

This hotel was the first on our tour accross the Rockies and it made for a good start to our Holiday.

The room we were allocated was sizable with very comfortable beds. The bathroom was a good size also.

The hotel is very well located, opposite the tower and close to the restaurants.

We enjoyed our stay here.

Comments