255 Barclay Parade SW, Calgary, Alberta, T2P 5C2, Canada

Hotels.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Sunshine64's Profile Photo

A Wonderful Place

This place is wonderful! The cab driver told me it's the 2nd nicest hotel in Canada. I have no idea if that's true, but it definitely in my top 10 hotels of all time.

The service is outstanding, the rooms are beautiful. Nice soft sheets, comfortable beds, sandstone tile in the bathroom, and 50+ channels on TV - if you have time to watch.

The Sheraton Suites has a great location in the Eau Claire area, near Prince's Island Park.

• cybercutie's Profile Photo

Luxury and Convenience

I have never personally stayed here, as I lived right down the street, however I know people who work here, and have stayed here, and I myself have attended a few functions here, so I am confident in my critique. The Sheraton Hotel Eau Claire is located in...you guessed it...Eau Claire, which is right downtown. It is convenient to all transportation such as the C-train and buses, and you will always have something to do in this area.

It is a high class hotel, for people looking for a higher quality stay, and downstairs there are pubs and restaurants such as Finn McCools and tons of restaurants within crawling distance. Eau Claire is a great location, due to the fact there is shopping, movie theatres, downtown, and even a giant arcade.

Unique Quality: The rooms in the hotel are very comfortable and elegant, and the manner in which the bell boys take your things to and from the room makes you feel like you are in a Beverly Hills luxury Hotel. There are giant Convention rooms for functions as well.

Directions: Right beside Eau Claire Market

More about Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire

Sheraton Was Great

by TripAdvisor Member ladybug5

We just returned Saturday after spending 8 nights in Canada with the first 3 at the Sheraton Eau Claire. The longer we stayed at the hotel the more comfortable it became. The room was homey and the service was great. The front desk clerk also filled out and completed the paperwork for a refund on the GST tax. Service not received in more expensive hotels. The food was also good and the location was great. The park nearby was one of the most beautiful parks I have seen. This is by far one of the best Sheratons that I have stayed. The price for what you get is reasonable and if back in Calgary this is the only hotel I will stay.

What Can I Say?

by TripAdvisor Member TravelinCanuck

I really can't add too much to what earlier reviewers have stated about this hotel, except to say that it also has a great pub with an outdoor sitting area where you can watch a little bit of Calgary go by. If you're interested in spending some time in a luxurious hotel in a great, vibrant city, at a reasonable rate, you can't go wrong here.

Best hotel beds to be had

Having arrived straight from our flight from the UK, the sweet sleeper beds were a delight. Our suite was incredibly good value for a family of four including 18 year old daughter and 15 year old son and we will be planning future holidays around the availability of a Sheraton! Good location, close to downtown malls but overlooking attractive park and the Bow River.

Perfect start to our holiday

Your other reviewers were not wrong, the Sheraton Eau Claire just about has it all. Great location, excellent service, wonderful amenities and lovely rooms. We got a great rate for our 2 night stay in a suite with 2 very comfortable king beds in the bedroom and a sofa bed in the living room - great start to our trip to the Rockies. The surrounding area with restaurants, shops and the park was quiet and we felt really safe at all times. Ate breakfast in the hotel and had 2 meals at Joey Tomatoes, which is about 50 metres away next to the Eau Claire market - both very good. At the entrance to the park there is a great little paddling pool/fountain area for families with small children and the park has lovely walks through the trees and by the river. There was a small stage with open air Shakespeare in the Park when we were there - lovely atmosphere and good production.

Sheraton Eau Claire - the only place to stay in Calgary!

by TripAdvisor Member nmj

We were hoping that this hotel stood up to the great reviews that it's had - fortunately for us it did!!

We arrived early from the UK - too early for our 2 bedroom suite. We were immediately offered vouchers to have a snack in the bar area of the hotel - this was offered without a hint of a complaint from me! What service!!

The 2 bedroom suite was beautiful - wonderful for a family with 2 children. They both had a huge bed each in their shared bedroom.

The food in the hotel was excellent and the proximity to the park was great. In the park there is a great restaurant caled River Cafe - unfortunately we did not have time to visit - but apparently a must if you have the time.

The hotel is in a great location (even a kiddie pool in the park outside) and my kids enjoyed the indoor pool with slide - kid heaven!!

If staying in Calgary do not look elsewhere - this is the hotel to stay at, I promise!! I am the most fussy person and study very hard when it comes to electing hotels - so please trust me on this one!!

Happy family from North Wales.

Who woulda guessed?

When we booking a hotel in Calgary, for the beginning and end of our trip to Banff, I was disappointed that my husband didn't pick the Fairmont. I thought, gee, just a Sheraton Suites. I was so wrong. Everything was great. There were toys at the front desk for the kids to choosed from. When we checked in, the room type we had requested wasn't available, so they upgraded us to a club level room. I have been in hundreds of club levels, but this was something special. While the room itself was fairly ordinary, the cocktail foods were unbelievable. Hot, cold, and desserts and all could be enjoyed on the roof top deck.

The kids loved the pool and the great waterslide, and while we were sitting there, a waitress brought down fresh fruit on skewers and walked around and served them. We left so early in the morning that the restaurant wasn't opened, and I was looking for coffee. The front desk clerk offered to get some for me from room service, and in the time it took us to check out, she was back with a to-go cup.

It was almost scary how nice and helpful everyone was...but boy was it nice.

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member dano1

Stayed at the Sheraton Eau Claire last weekend for 3 nights. Overall a nice hotel, not a great one but certainly worked out weel. The location, next to Eau Claire Market and Prince's Island is very desirable. Lots of good restaurants and places to drink nearby. Parking is at a premium being so close to downtown, so expect to pay $25/day just about anywhere.
Used the pool and hot tub several times during our stay, both were just okay, too many screaming kids. The pictures on their website make it look nicer than it really was. Hotel staff were all very pleasant and friendly, (as well as most people we ran into in Calgary).

Comments