320 4th Ave SW, Calgary, Alberta, T2P 2S6, Canada

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Excellence in Calgary

In 11/09 I stayed at the Westin and had an awesome experience. The Westin upgraded me upon arrival into a preferred floor suite. The service was friendly from valet to housekeeping. The upgrade came with free North American Calls and free wireless internet, well worth the extra few dollars this room cost me over the budget hotel chains. The rooftop pool was amazing, accompanied by jacuzzi, lockeroom, workout platform and sauna. There is a Keg Steakhouse on the lobby floor that serves great food. Two visiting NHL hockey teams stayed here while I did. All of this in the Starwood network.

Unique Quality: The rooftop pool and easy in-and-out locatrion off of 4th st were great. The only downside was the valet price, in my view about $10 too much in comparison to others.

Directions: Drive in off of Memorial onto 4th and the hotel will be on your right, self park to the rear.

• Has Its Ups and Downs

I booked a night at the Westin at the very last minute, using Hotwire. I showed up at the hotel around 7:30 pm and was greeted by very friendly (but not fake) staff and shown up to my room. The Westin has two towers- the "Business" tower is newer and nicer, while the standard tower is beginning to show its age, especially in terms of the decor and amenities. My room was in the standard tower and featured a king-sized bed and full bathroom (I've heard that some bathrooms have only showers, but I did have a tub). The bed was very comfortable (especially after spending the last four months in a university dorm) and I appreciated the bazillion pillows. The shower was nice as well (see previous comment about dorm life) and two of my three towels were nice and fluffy. On the downside, I had to phone for a shower cap but I do believe they should be standard in hotel rooms. Additionally, room service was ridiculously expensive ($18 for an individual pizza?) considering the variety of dining choices nearby (or within a $5 cab ride).

Overall, I would definitely stay at the Westin again, but probably only when I'm getting more than 50% off the rack rate thanks to booking sites like Hotwire. If you're going to pay full price, insist on an upgrade to the business tower.

Directions: City center. Multiple transit stops nearby; three blocks from nearest light rail transit (C-Train) station.

• ferrer910's Profile Photo

sweet pool....

I have stayed at the westin many times and have had a wonderful stay each time. Its a bit of a walk from stephen ave but really close to eau claire and the mall. the hotel itself is under rennovation until this summer but it should look really modern buy the time it is done. the rooms are really comfy. the hotel is split into two sides, the old sides which has the suites and the newer side which has more modern rooms but a bit smaller. the pool is a great way to relax. not only is it on the top floor overlooking parts of the city but it is also open 24hrs a day which allows for drunk swimming/hot tubbing.

• sam_was_here's Profile Photo

Luxury on a Budget

This was to be the last night in Calgary after a week in the mountains and snowboarding, before my flight home and my partner decided to stay somewhere nicer than we usually stay! We valet parked the car and the bags were taken up to the room for us! The room was gorgeous, high up omn the 15th floor with a view into downtown! The king size bed was huge and well presented, and the duvets sooo heavy, always a good sign i feel.
    A nicely stocked and not too over priced mini bar was avaliable, but we had wine and spirits with us. The service was always swift, apart from the fact that they did not have our breakfast order, even tho it was left out and the tag taken for the night before.
    The bathroom was very well set out, clean and crisp. Was just a little more upmarket than the usual hotels.
    Overall had a great stay for one night, loved spreading out in the king size bed. Just wished i had got to spend some time in the pool!! Would stay again if could get a good deal on prices!

Directions: Right next to the Shell Centre. On the Corner of 4 Ave SW and 3 ST SW.

• juniperjune's Profile Photo

Westin Downtown: very nice but $$

I stayed at the Westin Downtown. I had a suite on the 5th floor. It was a huge room, extremely clean. I am a smoker, so I requested a smoking room. Calgary will go completely smoke free in 2008. Usually smoking rooms have a lingering smell. This one did not.
    There are huge balconies in each room. Very nice to sit outside and look out at the downtown view.

Unique Quality: Smoking floors, Pool, Good bar called O.N. bar and grill.

Directions: Right across from Eau Claire Market

• PeterVancouver's Profile Photo

Calgary City Centre Hotel

A comfortable hotel to stay at for visiting the city centre

Unique Quality: During most of the year this hotel has special 2 day stay offers (fri-sat) which include free tickets to a show or other activity in town at all inclusive prices of about $125 per night. There is always a special offer on for the Calgary Stampede held each July

Directions: 4th Ave is not too hard to find although the one way streets in Calgary can cause problems

• Sunshine64's Profile Photo

Nice Business Hotel

As with all Westin properties, the Heavenly Bed is truly heavenly. The rooms are nice and up-to-date (remodeled in 2002). They have high speed internet access, but you have to pay for it. It's ethernet, not wireless.

The breakfast buffet is pretty good, and there's a Starbucks about 3 blocks away if you need your fix : )

More about The Westin Calgary

Nice Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member maxheadway

I like Westin hotels. Most are comfortable and clean. The Westin Calgary is in line with others that I have stayed at.

My room had a king-sized bed, a desk and a view of the river.

One issue I was unable to adjust to was the extremely long daylight hours. The sun rose around 5 AM. And it was still bright until 10 PM. Even with the blackout curtains closed, sunlight still poured through the room. I'm the type that has a hard time sleeping once the sun comes out.

One other thing that my room did not have was the twin shower heads. I really enjoy that, and am surprised the Westin Calgary did not have it.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay, and would definitely stay again.

Comments