190 Kananaskis Way, Canmore, Alberta, T1W 3K5, Canada
Hotels.com Expedia.com FalconCrestLodge

Costs 29% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Falcon Crest Lodge

Loved it!

My husband and I stayed at the Falcon Crest Lodge in June for 2 nights with the stay and play package which we got a great deal on. We had a very nice stay at the Lodge, the highlight for us was our gorgeous one bedroom suite. We loved the great kitchen with granite countertops and a dishwasher, our nice bathroom with large tiled shower and deep tub, and our great balcony with the mountain views. For the amount of money we paid we got a great get away, nicest hotel we've ever stayed in. Staff were very helpful and friendly. We will definitely go back many times!

PERFECT GETAWAY

by TripAdvisor Member DAVIDJORGE

stayed 2 very memorable nights here in March 2006....everything was perfect. 2 bdrm suite was equipped with everything imaginable. great view....very comfortable. excellent staff. hope to be back soon

Great home base for the Canadian Rockies

by TripAdvisor Member mocho

We stayed here for a week in mid-July. Canmore has 3 wonderful golf courses and Falcon Crest is a perfect base. Banff is 15 minutes away and Lake Louise another 15 minutes beyond Banff. The scenery around the hotel is beautiful...be sure to ask for a mountain view. There is construction of another facility on the other side of the hotel.

We had a one bedroom which would be ok for a couple with two children. If you are sharing with another couple, go ahead and get a two bedroom unit. We used the gas grill and all the other kitchen appliances...it was great. We would definitely stay here again. Canmore is more peaceful and less traffic and congestion than Banff. The price is right too!

Real treasure close to Banff & Lake Louise

by TripAdvisor Member cmb2

Having stayed at 5 star lodges previously in Banff & Lake Louise, we chose Falcon Crest as a less expensive diversion since we were in the area only 1 night this trip. What a great find! The mountain views from our 1 bedrm, 3rd flr deluxe room were superior even with bad weather coming from the west. Even tho on the highway side, there was no noise, and the gas log fireplace was a VERY nice touch, as well as the European style (down comforters for upper and lower) king bed. Slept so well we didn't want to get up in the morning to catch our flight. Since we plan future trips to this part of Canada, we will definitely stay here again. The mgr made an excellent dinner restaurant recommendation for us in town, and the hot tub with mountain views was so relaxing after having spent several hours of driving from the northwest. Even the maintenance man was extremely helpful to us! Yes, there is a lot of nearby construction, but we heard no noise whatsoever in our room. The price is a real bargain compared to comparable places in Banff & Lake Louise, and I would recommend staying here if you want all the luxury but not the added $$$. There may not be as many trails or fancy restaurants in Canmore as Banff & Lake Louise, but it's worth the 15 or 30 min. drive from those places to save $$$ on your room and stay here.

Best Place in Canmore

by TripAdvisor Member JGraff

Brand new. Well appointed. Comparable to staying in an apartment designed by the Westin. Exceeded expectations. Beautiful view of the mountains off of the porch. Perfect to relax in after long days of hiking. An hour or so drive to Lake Louise but well worth it to escape the crowds and enjoy the peace. Unlike other places that we've heard of, noise from trains, highways, or other guests are not a concern at this place.

Very nice place!

by TripAdvisor Member TRafter

I have to admit that I picked this hotel because of the great reviews I read on TripAdvisor - and I was not disappointed. I booked a one bedroom suite for my family 2 adults & 2 kids.
The kitchen was the nicest I have seen, granite counters, full fridge, dishwasher, toaster, electric kettle. Very nice dishes & all utensil including very nice steak knives. They even provide a grill & utensils on the porch. The bathroom had a nice surprise besides being large with a separate tiled shower and a deep tub it also had a washer & dryer with a complementary detergent - no need to run to the Laundromat. We were also lucky to get a room with a mountain view, some rooms face and interior gazebo and 4 rooms face construction.
Canmore is an easy town to get around by car. It is more spread out, easy to park and getting groceries at the Safeway is nice & cheaper then Banff.
On the other hand Banff is more like a Swiss town, more tight together with lots of store & restaurants and flowers. But it is more expensive, harder to get around by car and definitely harder to find a parking space.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member saskriders

We have just returned from a week stay at the Falcon Crest Hotel/Canmore. We stayed in a one bedroom suite. The suite is very roomy and comfortable. This is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. The room is like a small apartment with plenty of room to give everyone their space. The hot tubs were very soothing after a day of biking/hiking. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit Banff & Canmore. I researched staying at Banff the hotels there were very pricy and many did not have the amenities of the Falcon Crest. The underground parking is important for those bringing their own bikes. The only comment I would pass on to the hotel is that it would be nice to have deck chairs available around the hot tub facing the 3 Sisters.

Great Great and Great

by TripAdvisor Member ukker

Stayed at a one-bedroom suite overlooking the Bow Valley Trail on the 2nd floor between Aug 8-13. The room was roughly 700 square feet, consisting of a small bedroom and decent sized living room. This was a great hotel!!! Absolutely loved having a kitchen (allowed me to save tons of money as food in Canmore and Banff can be very expensive) and washer/dryer (allowed me to pack light). The place was immaculately clean, the staff was nice and really, there's nothing much to fault. It also had an electric fireplace and a balcony. My room also had a barbeque grill on the balcony which i did not take advantage of. There is both an outdoor and indoor parking lot. Falcon is roughly 15-20 minutes from Banff and city of Canmore feels lot more genuine than Banff which feels a little bit too contrived. Note that there is no hotel restaurant but rather a pretty crappy looking seafood restaurant annexed to the hotel.

Excellent Value, Exceptional Quality

by TripAdvisor Member a_farmer_in_Lindsay

My wife and I can only echo what previous reviewers have stated - the Falcon Crest is superior accomodation at a bargain price. We stayed at the hotel for 9 days in a 2nd floor, highway/mountain-facing 1 bedroom suite and it was one of the best hotel experiences that we have ever had. You're basically getting a condominium accomodation with upgraded interior, balcony with BBQ and even underground parking! Fantastic! And we received a steep discount for staying a week or longer - great deal!

The only cautions I would suggest to travellers is to try not to get a ground floor unit - they have a patio instead of a balcony and the inside-facing ones open right to the parking lot. On any floor, try to get a unit that overlooks anything but the parking lot - we had a beautiful mountain view and some prairie dogs had a home below our balcony - in case we got "bored" looking at the mountains.

Comments