Ramada Hotel and Conference Centre Edmonton

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 23% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about Ramada Hotel and Conference Centre Edmonton

Great Place to Stay!

Wow...This place is really turning around. since the last time i visited here a year ago, they have started to make improvements to the property. the staff is great!!! the rooms although still older looking are become updated and not to mention the new fitness room and games room! good job guys! i can't wait to come back on my next stay and see what else has changed.

Great Hotel, Awesome Staff & Comfortable Rooms

This hotel is great! I have stayed here many times in the past 2 years and I couldn't pick a better place to stay. The staff treats me like family and it feels like home. I have noticed a remarkable improvement in the past 6 months. They have added a new gym winch has huge windows and some new equipment. They have also added a games room with all sorts of great games like Air Hockey, Arcade games and a big screen TV and comfy chairs.

This hotel is a great location and they even have a free shuttle that will take me down town during the week. I am very thankful for that as I am from a smaller town and I am not much for city driving. This hotel also has the largest parking lot which is free as well.

The room that I had last time I stayed was comfortable and clean. I did have a minor maintenance request and the maintenance man was up right away and greeted me with a smile and a great attitude.

I completely recommend this hotel to anyone! The price of the room is very reasonable and I feel that I received great value for what I have paid.

I am looking forward to staying there again to see what else has changes and improved. Each time I come there is always some changes.

You must stay at this hotel! I can't say a bad thing about it.

Sincerely,

Mindy Martin

TOTAL DIVE!!!

This hotel is an absolute dive!! It is in horrible condition, full of drunk people and the staff are useless.

Our whole room was in poor condition. We requested a non-smoking room but were given a smoking room. You could see the smoke stains on the walls, lamp shades and curtains. Everything smelt of smoke, even the pillows. There were massive waterstains on the ceiling in the bathroom and the cocking around the tub was molding. Our peep whole was simply a hole in the door.. no glass lens... just a hole. You could look right into our room from the hallway. The whole room felt dirty and grimey. The hallways are just as bad. They are poorly lit and the carpet and walls are stained. The elevators are extremely poor and do not look very safe.

And the staff!!!! Wow! They are absolutely horrible. Let me tell you what happened to us.. We checked in, put our stuff in our room and went out for dinner. When we returned there was a men's hockey team sitting and watching tv in our room! Their stuff was every where! When we went down to the front desk to complain, they had no idea who the men's team even was! They gave our room keys to complete strangers! We asked to speak to the manager right away. She was very unhelpful and rude! She offered us no compensation, not even an apology. She placed us in a new room - one even worse than our first room! She made it sound like it was our fault and that she had done everything she could to accomodate us. I could definately see where the rest of the staff got their lazy work ethic and their rude attitudes.

TLC needed, although I was impressed!

My grandparents were frantickly trying to find a room, so they phoned me to help them to find a hotel. They were only in Edmonton for 1 night, and needed somewhere clean and cheap. I found that this was the cheapest and it was in an excellent location for them.

In the morning I drove to Edmonton to pick them up, and found that it was a decent place. It had a beautiful restaurant. The lobby was an attrium style. It was a very confusing place with all the buildings and parking, but I managed to find my way. Their room was very decent, although it did have some smoke stains, but it was clean, and thats the main thing. The hallways could really use some work, they smell very wierd, are dim, and some doors have large cracks under them. You can pretty much stick your toes and some of your foot under. The public bathroom was the only thing that I really noted, it was sooooo gross!!! There were holes in the walls, toilet paper everywhere, and lots of other gross things.

But other than that I was inpressed with this hotel, it was decent, and cheap. I think I would choose somewhere else next time, but overall it wasn't that bad.

Poor Management

Our family was having a 60th wedding anniversary in Edmonton and so a block of rooms were set aside for the night. When we arrived at the requested check-in time they told us our rooms wouldn't be ready till later. The rooms were finally ready around six o'clock (check-in was supposed to be at noon). However, despite making arrangements in advance, many of our rooms had been given away and we were forced to stay on a variety of floors. Eight and ten weren't too bad but floor two left A LOT to be desired. As it was, the rooms were pretty big, but could use some work. There were some maintenance issues but the biggest gripe we had with this hotel was the staff. They were surprisingly unhelpful. For a hotel that prides itself on being a "conference" centre, they certainly weren't able to deal with 35-40 guests who demanded very little of their time and attention. I'd hate to have a wedding or something here with the service the way it was. In addition, 21.75$ for the Sunday Brunch is tantamount to highway robbery. You'd almost think you were at the Empress for that price...until you actually saw the buffet that is.

Do not reccomend

by TripAdvisor Member Beback

We recently stayed in the Edmonton Inn and were not happy. We were attending a family wedding and stayed in this hotel with several other family members. We were suprised by the lack of maintenance in the building. Our room had several problems including very dirty windows on the inside of the room, TV remote did not work, thermostat was falling off the wall, taps fell apart in my hand, access cover hanging by a thread on the ceiling, lounge chair was extremly dirty and the carpet was still dirty. The one nice thing was that the window opened, but inside the ledge was ashes left from other guests and this was a non smoking room. Apparently there is a 150.00 dollar fine for smoking in the room, but the maids didn't bother to clean up from the last guest. They were nice enough to leave us a form to report any problems, but it wasn't big enough to write everything down and it dissapeared when the maids came in the first day, but nothing was corrected. We were vey disgusted when some of the other guests left the remains of their meal in the hallway, which is not the problem, but the fact that we looked at the same dirty plates for more than 24 hours until we checked out was!! Meanwhile maids had been by, but had not bothered to pick them up.
We were part of a large group of people staying there, all on different floors, all with similar stories.
We would highly reccomend not staying in this hotel.

Discusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the most dirty and discusting hotel I have ever seen. We were booked in this hotel for a hockey tournament and it was awful. They didn't get us all near eachother. There is NO pool, nothing for the kids to do there. The floors look like they haven't been cleaned in 10 years, the beds are old and uncomfortable. The restaurant food is not good and the when you sit in their booth you nearly sink to the floor as there are no springs left in these 1970 seats :( The ceilings are full of water stains, the bathrooms are old and dingy. The floors are not something I wanted to walk barefoot on!! The maids seem to do average job doing only what is absolutely necessary. The window sills look like they have never been cleaned. I found my way down the hallway based on the stains on the floor. The day before we left everyone in our group tried to go back to their hotel room only to find all of our key cards not working. When we all lined up at the front desk, they demanded to see our photo ID and then when we complained said well we are fixing it now!!! It shouldn't have happened in the first place. The elevators are horrible and actually 1 broke down while we were there and wasnt fixed when we left. I would never never never stay here again. The maids left us 3 towels for 5 people. The front desk staff was rude and not very helpful. Way too much money for such a dive. I have stayed better at a Motel than here. I would never recommend this to anyone. Cigarette burns in the bedding, blood stains in the bedding YUCKY!!!! Not a nice neighborhood either. Several cars got broken into in the parking lot while we were there. I can't believe Ramada would allow their name to be displayed on this hotel. Staff needs a class in customer service!!! Please take my advice and stay somewhere else!

Had a Great Time!

by TripAdvisor Member Sophie_C_H

Had a great time!!
I stayed at the Ramada during the Grand Prix and I thought it was great. It was really close to the track so we walked everyday. It only took 2 min to get there. This hotel is the best location for going to the races. Also they had a beer garden with bands every evening after the races. All the staff were great and very friendly and it was just a fabulous weekend. I will defiantly be staying there again next year!

hotel needs a makeover

by TripAdvisor Member tripann

We got a room for a good price, but lost out on general appearance. The carpets have cigarette burns, and lots of stains. The worn carpets and furniture give the whole place a look of needing a makeover. We requested non smoking, but the room did not smell nice - needed to turn on the noisy air conditioner to clear it.
Waited an hour for our meal at Julie's Bistro- they too are experiencing a staff shortage. Signing in and out was slow.
So - I got my bargain price, for a substandard hotel.
Calgary