10218 162 Avenue, Grande Prairie, T8V 0P2, Canada
Hotels.com DaysInn.com Priceline.com

More about Grande Prairie

speed traps in disquisespeed traps in disquise

J and D bonding ....J and D bonding ....

Pretty, and smart - what a combination!Pretty, and smart - what a combination!

Talking the dogs for a walkTalking the dogs for a walk

Travel Tips for Grande Prairie

Extreme Winter Weather conditions!

by jojocan

Depending on the season in which you come to visit, be prepared for changing weather conditions. In Jan, we've changed from -40 to +5 in five days! Make sure when you are outside, you layer your clothes. The windchill up here is wild, so wear warm and windproof.

A fun, kid friendly golf course

Bear Creek Golf and Country Club

18 holes, pro shop, clubhouse/lounge, and cart, club rentals.

$13/9 holes, $21/18 holes weekdays; $15/9 holes, $24/18 holes weekends/holidays. In the fall, unlimited usage after 6 p.m. for $12

This is a great, kid friendly golf course. No dress code, slower pace, and smaller than the classy courses. This is the place to go when you want to laugh and drink beer!

My Home Town

by jojocan

As I went around today, I realized just how pretty Grande Prairie is. Its funny, because you spend everyday in your home town, and you don' t look at things like a tourist would. But today, as I walked around taking pictures, I remembered why I love my town, and why I would never leave here!

"Grande Praire"

You know, I really love this town. People come to Alberta to see the mountains, and they always go to Jasper or Banff or Calgary, the large centres. There is so much more to see and learn in the smaller locations. We have great quadding and ski-doing places here, as well as horseback riding, mountain biking, and walking trails. And thats all within 2 hours of here! The community in Grande Prairie is great. It is such a small town atmosphere. I have lived here for 17 years, and can go into almost anywhere and know somebody enough to chat to them. You can't do that in Edmonton or Calgary. Kids play hockey on the streets in town. Everyone comes out for the parade. Its such a great place. i wish more people would come up north to see it! And if and when you do, drop me a line so I can introduce you around!!!

In Grande Prairie, this is a usual site. With the town growing by leaps and bounds, there is always road construction (good for me as I work in that industry!) and home building going on everywhere you look. Last year the city permit department gave out over 900 home building permits, this year, in April, they have come close to that already! They expect to give out over 1200 permits this year, just for new homes!

Comments