Sandman Hotel Grande Prairie

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Grande Prairie

Wow!Wow!

Wildflowers at the lake ....Wildflowers at the lake ....

Street repairsStreet repairs

a shat from across the river...a shat from across the river...

Travel Tips for Grande Prairie

Another "only one" in Grande Prairie

by jojocan

As you are driving into Grande Prairie from any direction but north, you will see our only over (or under) pass, built last year. It is actually not completed yet, but will be hopefully this summer.

Roller Blading in GP

by kymbanm

I watched others kayak, canoe, backpack, and horseback ride ....... I did none of these things! But, with the assistance and insistence of my hostess, I did attempt rollerblading for the very first time!!!

Okay, scarey for me, but not so bad that I'll never do it again :) Just grab some blades and head on over to the city park, or any bit of surfacing you find appropriate, and give it a roll ..... Rollerblades
Protective euipment as desired

A taste of local talent

by jojocan

The Grande Prairie Live Theatre is always holding plays, musicals, and concerts in town in two locations.

These plays are all done by local talent, directed locally, the sets built locally, and all by volunteers. Its amazing what these people can do with a little wood and paint and a lot of imagination!

I have been to three of the plays held in town, and stage managed another one. It is fun to go and watch, and relatively cheap. As well, the Christmas play, which runs for 5 weeks usually, has a supper included with it. And Encore, which is the lounge in the theatre, offers drinks before, and after the play.

A Grand Visit to Grane Prairie :)

by kymbanm

"On the road!"

Seems from the minute Ms Jojocan picked my tail up at the Calgary airport, we were in roadtrip mode! Me, her, the stang, and happy bunny made a great road trip crew :)

"And what ARE you DOING!!!???!!!"

Well, I opened my big ole mouth, and next thing I know, I've strapped on Jojo's rollerblades and getting splinters in my hands as I try to figure out this new thing .... um, the brakes are WHERE????

"Awwwwwww"

Jojo loves baby Dylan ... he's not hers, she just borrows him from his mum everychance she gets ...... isn't he a dear? Eating like a piglet at 2 weeks old ......

"Proud Mama ..."

Tori is Dylan's mum .... can you believe she just gave birth 2 weeks ago??? She's a dear, with great stories ..... you know, the sort you can't tell your own children sort of stories ......

tee-hee