462 Smith St, Hinton, T7V 2A1, Canada
IHG Booking.com Travelocity

More about Hinton

Sulphur GatesSulphur Gates

ElkElk

b and b in hinton alberta

by elanaten

hi
does anyone have a b&b that they can recommend in Hinton Alberta?
thanks
Elana

RE: b and b in hinton alberta

by madamx

Hi Elana:

Try this one:

I have never stayed there, but wished I could :o)

RE: b and b in hinton alberta

by Babcia

The Overlander Lodge is not in Hinton, but at the eastern gates of Jasper National Park (meaning just outside of the park), and it's not a B&B but a Lodge and collection of cabins. It is a nice place, but a long drive to Jasper townsite (at least 45 minutes).

Hinton is a small town outside of the Rockies (in the forested foothills, which means that there is pulp-and-paper industry in town, and there's usually quite an odour hanging around) - are you sure that you want to sty there, Elana??

RE: RE: b and b in hinton alberta

by elanaten

hi
yes, we are just looking for a place to put our heads down before we start off on the last leg to edmonton - we are still contemplting just driving on - but want to be covered if we do decide to stop in case we [ more likely the driver] are tired. I understand that Hinton isn't the first place one would chose for a honeymoon :)))
I was also given the lodge details from a cousin of mine - I'll check prices and so forth.
thanks again to you both for all your help and advice
Elana

Travel Tips for Hinton

Take the time to pick up pamphlets and guides!

by kymbanm

I have never read so much information that I could actually use as I did on this journey! I found the guides provided at the Visitor Centers helpful and very informative. In addition to letting you know what to do in each area, they breakdown trails by difficulty and length, access and other important factors.

These guides also provide information on places to stay - including tables that include high and low season rates, locations, and contact information.

I couldn't have had as much fun as I did exploring Western Alberta without all this this needed information right at my fingertips ... so take the time to pick up these publications - really!

William Switzer Provincial Park-Athabasca Tower

by kymbanm

I had seen this park on a map, but it meant nothing to me until I got into the Hinton area and began talking with locals. After hearing their descriptions, I was stoked! So .... off I went, with a hand drawn map from the visitor center to guide me to one of my stopping points.

My first stop was Athabasca Tower which allows a panoramic viewpoint over the Wanyandi Meadows toward Jasper ..... I would never have taken this dirt road so far if I didn't have that local's map! It was totally worth the time and effort! There is a more well known stopping point at the nordic center closer to the main road ... I didn't even stop there, I had been told the Tower Lookout was THE place :) The road ends at a radio tower looking thing, just past a forest fire watch station .... I walked up the hill a short distance further and ..... was in awe.

Comments