Pines Motel

Tags

Road Trip Family Travel
See Amenities
kymbanm's Profile Photo

Helpful, friendly and kind .....

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 26, 2005

As I entered Hinton, I didn't know where I wanted to stay ... since this hadn't been a planned stop before I left my internet access at home, I just trusted in the process.

I stopped at a few hotels along the main drive and checked out their prices ....... most were offering rooms at about $109/pp/night. This was a bit more than I had wanted to spend on this part of the trip ... so I kept wandering door to door.

I eventually ended up at a local spot known as the Pines, and hit the jackpot! Andre and his wife own this motel, and are wonderful hosts. This smiling man greeted me at the front desk, and informed me of his room prices ...... $89.00 a night!!! What a find for me :) With taxes and all it was just under $100/night.

Unique Quality: My room was simple, clean and wonderful. It included a nice little kitchenette and coffee for the morning :) Andre reccommended a local restaurant, some things to do near town, and suggested I try to reach the visitor center - which unfortunately had already closed for the night (thought he did try to call them for me to find out their hours of operation).

The view from the porch of my room was beautiful ...... the mountains were right there! Fellow guests were pleasant, and the overall motel was quiet and peaceful, despite being located right on Hwy 16.

They have 22-rooms with 2 double or queen size beds. You can also check into one of the 2-bedroom and single bedroom kitchenette suites. Cable TV with movie and sports channels, fridge, microwave and courtesy coffee can be found in all of their rooms. Free parking with plug-ins is provided and pets are allowed in some rooms. They also offer golf packages with the neighboring course which include bringing your cart onto motel property for easy loading and unloading.

Directions: Hwy 16, next to the golf course

mike-tango's Profile Photo

Very nice motel in Hinton

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 9, 2005

When I'm arrived in Jasper, I couldn't find a room anywhere. A heavy storm was about to start and I didn't want to sleep in a camp.
So I drove to Hinton. One hour from Jasper.
Beautiful landscapes.
And I found this motel : nice and comfortable rooms.
Very nice tenant (he is from Quebec and speaks french !)

Directions: On Highway 16 Adjacent to Hinton Golf Course, 15 Minutes to Jasper National Park - 45 minutes to Miette Hot Springs.

Nearby Pines Motel

2 Photos of Pines Motel

Amenities at Pines Motel

• Suites

Hinton Travel Forum

Need advice about Hinton, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Hinton and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Hinton hotel reviews