200 Connaught Drive, Jasper, Alberta, T0E 1E0, Canada

Orbitz.com Priceline.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 23% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• worst hotel expericence ever in my life

I stayed at this hotel on friday, february 18, 2011 and had a plan for ice walk in early moning next day. Young boys next door -definitely under 18- started party around 12am and getting louder and louder. screaming, jumping and banging on the wall... Unfortunately, the walls between rooms at Amethyst Lodge is really slim and there is no soundproofing at all. I talked to front desk 4 TIMES (1am, 1:30am 3am and 4:00am) asking to change our OR their room buy they said there was no vacant room. On the way back to my room from frontdesk, there were drunken boys/girls trying to talked/threatened me on hall way. The hotel sent security guy to the room 3 times but these boys didn't stop their crazy party until 5:00am. I couldn't sleep at all and screwed up my whole trip. Next morning, the guy at front desk made me really mad and frustrated. I already paid full amount and I wanted only sincere apology from hotel but the frontdesk guy said those young boys were just talking NICELY and he doesn't need to give any apology to us.

I stayed 3rd floor and water from both shower and faucet had no pressure and kept changing temparature between freezing cold and burning hot. I gave up taking shower.

The carpet was really dirty and smelled bad. Bed sheet was too old and dirty.

WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER IN MY LIFE!!

• joanj's Profile Photo

Up the quiet end !

This is the Lodge we stayed at for a couple of nights on our Canadian Coast to Coast tour. Unfortunately it was a little damp, and the mist was rolling around the base of the mountains, but sometimes it did clear for a better view.

The lodge was very comfortable, and ok. you did just hear the trains which were on the opposite side of the road, but they were going so slow, with all the box cars on that it was no great deal. In fact this is Railway Town, so to speak,

I cannot give you price comparisons, as we paid for the accommodation inclusive of the tour.

Comments