Best Western Jasper Inn

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 47% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

ALPINE RESORT

We arrived in Jasper Friday, June 6. After checking out a few places, we decided on the JASPER INN ALPINE RESORT.They were all very pricy. We had a standard room, nothing special, no air-conditioning. I guess you pay for the resort amenities, which include an indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna and steam room. There is also a nice Garden Terrace to have that cup of coffee or afternoon tea. Also fine dining is availabe in the Inn Restaurant. The price was $125.00 plus taxes ($140.00) and that was with my CAA discount

More about Best Western Jasper Inn

MOUNTAIN HOSPITALITY IN JASPER

by LoriPori about JASPER INN ALPINE RESORT

We arrived in Jasper, Friday, June 6. After checking out a few places, we decided on the JASPER INN ALPINE RESORT. They were all very pricy. We had a standard room, nothing special, no air-conditioning. I guess you pay for the resort amenities which include an indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna and steam room. There is also a nice Garden Terrace to have that cup of coffee or afternoon tea. Also fine dining is available in the Inn Restaurant. The price was $125.00 plus taxes ($140.00) and that was with my CAA card discount.

One Night only

by amandajayne81 about Best Western Jasper Inn

We were travelling from Banff to Edmonton and stopped for the night in Jasper at the Best Western. It was another 2 storey room with a kitchen and balcony with an okay view. There were gardens and a restaurant on site but we bought food to prepare in our room. The distance to downtown could be walked but isn't overly close. Whilst this room was nothing flash it had everything we needed and if I was in Jasper I would consider staying here once more. Free wifi.

RICH IN WILDLIFE

by LoriPori

Early morning Saturday, June 7, my restless Hansi got up and explored outside the Jasper Inn and was delighted to see some Elk just lazing around and grazing on the grasses nearby. What a treat for him.
Hans took some amazing film of the animals and this one here of a Big Elk eating is a still from the movie. Good work Hans.

Great place for families

by TripAdvisor Member lr2522

My family of five stayed at the Jasper Inn & Alpine Resort for two nights on a trip to the Jasper area. Overall, this property was very nice. Because it's a tourist town, accomodations are somewhat expensive in the Jasper area. For about $270/night Canadian, our unit had a big living room area, fireplace, full kitchen, bathroom, and a private bedroom on the lower level. In the upstairs loft there were three twin beds. This resort has a rustic, mountain feel to it and is not brand new, but very comfortable. We did not spend much time here, and our kids did not get to use the pool area because it closes somewhat early and we were never back in time. The only problem we encountered was that the screen to the sliding glass door off the balcony was bent and wouldn't latch, and there is no air conditioning which shouldn't be a problem most times of the year. Both Jasper restaurants we ate at were good -- they were Earl's and the L&W Restaurant. If you venture out to Maligne Lake, the desserts in the restaurant there were great. We sampled them after hiking & kayaking.

Simple, but functional

by TripAdvisor Member maawandoon

Jasper Inn is a dated inn that has made attempts to update carpet and bedding, but still has a way to go. We stayed in a loft unit which accomodated our family of five nicely. It consisted of a main floor small bedroom with a small window, a kitchenette and a small bath. The loft had three twin beds and a tv. The staff was friendly and accomodating and the unit was clean.

I probably would look for other accomodations on a future trip. (A cabin along the river would be nice and the extra cost would be worth it.) Lodging in Jasper is limited so therefore it is expensive. I thought $251 was steep for the accomodations. The inn has nice indoor pool facilities in a seperate building.

Jasper offers great scenery that is a must do. All accomodations in Jasper appear to be older, so I would say that if you wish to stay in town, the Jasper Inn could work well for you.

Disappointed!

by TripAdvisor Member DebsB

This was a rather average hotel considering the price! I had read the reviews of many other hotels in the town and they were poor so I thought I was upgrading by going to the Jasper Inn. It was our dearest hotel in the 2 weeks we stayed in Canada and as far as value for money is concerned, I think we were ripped off!
Staff very pleasant however and my daughter enjoyed the leisure facilities.
Visitor from Northern Ireland.

Really Good

This hotel was really nice, we stayed there for 3 nights. We never really spent time at the hotel as we were always out in the national park. The only downfall was that our room wasnt made up a couple of days, this was due to low staff, however when we called them to ask for clean towels, they came in an instant.

It's about a 10 min walk from the town centre, however we didnt mind as the weather and the views were amazing.

Would stay here again

Yuck!

by TripAdvisor Member mauigolfmom

Terrible. We stayed in a one bedroom suite as that was the only room that allowed our small dog. The room smelled smoky even though it was a non-smoking room. The furniture and decor are extremely worn and outdated and the room very small. Not worth it for $225 a night. Never again.

JASPER --- ALPINE CHARM

by LoriPori

"A TOWN IN THE CANADIAN ROCKIES"

June 6 & 7, 2003
The town of JASPER is located in Jasper National Park, a part of a Canada-wide system of national parks, national historic sites and consevation areas.
At over 10,800 square kilometres, Jasper consists of snowy peaks and the largest icefield south of the Arctic Circle (Columbia Icefields) .
Jasper along with Banff, Kootenay and Yoho national parks in B.C. form the world-renowned Canadian Rockies World Heritage Site.
Hans and I found the town of Jasper charming and laid-back. It's closeness to nature contributes to its appeal.

"RICH IN WILDLIFE"

"JASPER -- A LOVELY 4 SEASON RESORT TOWN"

Jasper Inn BrochureJasper Inn Brochure