4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 52% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Xspecht's Profile Photo

A Resort for All Seasons!

This place is truly unbelievable, the accomodations and the vistas are second to none. There is so much to do, both at the resort and in the surrounding area that it is virtually impossible to get bored here. You will certainly pay up to stay here, but you will not be disappointed at all. If you happen to travel here in the summer time, the golf is world class!

Unique Quality: Surrounded by snow-capped peaks and sparkling lakes, The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge welcomes you to the Grand Canadian Lodge Experience. Nestled in the Canadian Rockies, the charming cabins and rustic elegance of The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge make it the embodiment of peace, tranquility and natural beauty.

More about Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge

Lovely lodge experience

by bkathryn about Fairmont Jasper Park lodge

This is a fabulous hotel. I'm only sorry I was staying there to work, as I didn't get to take advantage of the many amenities of this resort/hotel. Then again, if I wasn't staying for work, I wouldn't be able to afford it! Lake-side location, hot tub, outside pool, great views. All-time most outstanding characteristic of this hotel/resort is the proximity to wildlife.

Great Place

by Hanau93 about Jasper Park Lodge

is quite a posh place but one can still afford a lunch there..We did just that and enjoyed the view on the patio overlooking the pool and lake It's a very peaceful place with options to go hiking from there and also to get to nearby lakes.
Jasper Place consists of a main lodge and also individual little cabins. .It has nice little stores on the lower level.

Paradise in the Canadian Rockies

My only regret is that I couldn't stay more than one night at this lovely resort. I was fortunate enough to have a room facing gorgeous Lac Beauvert, where I could wake up to the sounds of the loons calling on the lake. The lakeside trail is a very pleasant hour-long walk with spectacular views. When we couldn't get in to dinner right away at Moose's Nook, the staff very courteously escorted us to the Meadows, where we had a delicious buffet and excellent service. Jasper is a small town and the hotels in town don't have the scenery or ambiance of the Jasper Park Lodge. Elk commonly roam the grounds of the resort! Yes, it's terribly expensive - the exchange rate isn't THAT good - but I wouldn't stay anywhere else in this part of the world.

An incredible Place in need of some focused maintenance.

Here is a hotel that has an incredible location, and at one time was probably pristine inside and out. Now it’s definitely in need of some serious maintenance and maybe a bit of polishing up the guest rooms. The grounds are nice enough, but as mentioned in some of the other reviews, the Jasper Park Lodge has some upkeep issues. The tub doesn’t drain all that well, the brown discoloration of the grout in the shower area is off putting as are a number of other bathroom related issues. The room was nice but it too needed someone to take a good hard look at what could be done to polish up this 4 star hotel. There were a fair number of flying bugs in our room to greet us, a request for a bug light which could vanquish the critters (sans insecticide) was not able to be met, but they did send someone to confirm we had bugs. It’s a nice place, but for the price it needs to shape up.

Location superb, service horrible

Jasper was the 2nd stop on our trip around the Canadian Rockies. We splurged and booked a King Jacuzzi Suite overlooking the lake - we paid around 675 Canadian a night. Jasper Park Lodge is a gem because of its location - it basically has a monopoly. No accommodation in Jasper can quite compare with its beautiful grounds and the accessibility to so many sites. Jasper is definitely worth going to - but the Lodge really lacks in service. Our room really needed to be cleaned and serviced badly. The shades were broked, we cut our foot on a tack exposed underneath the carpet, and the bed was absolutely dreadful! I don't think they had turned over the mattress - EVER. Please know that I am willing to overlook many things - but when you are paying top dollar - this is unexcusable We had two instances with service that were appalling - they charged me for a blouse that I did not even launder. I had to call the "Royal Customer Service" several times - they finally had to debate what they were going to do - about a 4 dollar charge! We are paying how much a night, and they were absolutely ridiculous!?! I finally CALLED THEM at 10 pm (after they said they would call me back) to get the one, little charge removed. (We ate every meal at their resort - our bill was hefty, and they were unaccommodating about a 4 dollar charge). Even more upsetting - 2 months after leaving the JPL - we got a bill for over $400 canadian dollars b/c they said we didn't cancel our original room? There was no original room to even speak of! We didn't even know what they were talking about. These were just two small instances out of several service issues that really put a damper on our situation. Their service is inconsistent - and, at best, mediocre. Unfortunately - the JPL has a monopoly in the area. So, you have to be willing to overlook the grotesque discrepencies between what you pay to stay there and the service you actually receive, if you choose to stay there.

The JPL could take some lessons from the Royal Canadian in Banff or the Emerald Lake Lodge in Yoho (both of which I HIGHLY recommend)

by TripAdvisor Member WicklowIreland

I feel I have to wade in to the debate about this hotel. I followed the debate with interest over the last few months as we were due to stay here in early May 2004.

The lodge is based beside a beautiful lake and accommodation is in cabins around the lake. We didn't have a lake view as the cabins are back to back so we were facing in the wrong direction. However the room was very comfortable with a lovely bathroom and open log fire. When you open the door you will see squirrels and deer outside.

The main lodge building itself was lovely and the restaurants were very good. In fact, it isn't really worth eating anywhere else because the standard is so good.

We really enjoyed it so I am surprised at some of the bad reviews it has received.

Over-priced and over-rated property

This is a very over-rated property. Not too bad for Americans with their excellent exchange rate but totally outrageous for Canadians. I went to Jasper with 2 girlfriends. We had a faxed confirmation for a room with 2 beds and had made arrangements for a cot for the third occupant. When we arrived the only room that was available was one with one bed. Finally, after keeping us waiting for a considerable length of time, and only after being a bit pushy, we were upgraded to a sort of 4 plex unit. Quite nice but it wasn't ready. We had to wait for nearly an hour for the cleaning crew to leave. They would leave, then 15 minutes later come back, then leave, etc. Ordered 3 medium rare steaks from room service for dinner. One was blood rare, one was perfect, the last well done. The heating made horrendous noises. There were impressive dust bunnies in the corners. When I complained after arriving back home I was told that if I was going through Jasper again to contact them and they would like the opportunity to make it up to me. So I did and they were incredibly snotty and guess what? No room at the inn. Surprise. The pool was nice. Wildlife sitings cool.

Jasper!

by guybert

"Jasper Park Lodge!"

Lynda & I spent one day at Jasper Park Lodge which is about a mile out of Jasper. The place was breathtaking. It was a beautiful resort with chalets & condos. It also had a large salt water pool that was half indoors & the other half outdoors. The salt water is so that it doesn't freeze up in the cold months of winter.
We always said that we would someday come back & spend 3 or 4 days rather than just passing through for 1 day.

Jasper

by cmarch55

My first trip to Jasper was everything that I was expecting. The perfect rocky mountain backdrop close to the sleepy town of Jasper. Stayed at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge which is an old railway hotel. My suite was incredible and the staff were very attentive.

The skiing at Marmot basin was good but I wish they had more snow. There were some patches of rock that were exposed but overall a great, uncrowded mountain.

Taking a drive down the Icefields parkway in the summer seems like a definite must. Winter drive can be treacherous.

Elk at Jasper Park Lodge.Elk at Jasper Park Lodge.

Working at the Jasper Park LodgeWorking at the Jasper Park Lodge

Group photo at Jasper Park LodgeGroup photo at Jasper Park Lodge

Elk between Jasper Park Lodge and JasperElk between Jasper Park Lodge and Jasper

Working Holiday - Canada 2011

by ripcurl5454

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the early stages of planning my 1 year working holiday trip to Canada. I plan to leaven Australia in early Janauary 2011.
At the moment I am currently saving money. Plan to have about $8,000-$9,000 saved up before I leave. Do you think this amount of money should be enough?

Visa wise. I will be applying for the WHP (Canada visa) at the end of May 2010. By then I should hae $4,500 saved up. Once this is approved I will then apply for the B2 tourist visa for the USA as I plan on travlling extensively in the USA whilst on my working holiday in Canada.

When booking my flight over to Toronto I also want to spend a week or two in New York City. Does anyone know how I can include this in a stop over?

Thanks again. Any information or feedback you can provide would be great.

Re: Working Holiday - Canada 2011

by GrumpyDiver

Option 1. Try to book a trip from Australia to Toronto via New York, with a stop over in New York.

Option 2. Try to book an `open jaws` ticket Australia to New York and Toronto to Australia to get back home. A separate ticket from New York to Toronto (doesn`t have to be by plane - could be by bus or train).

Re: Working Holiday - Canada 2011

by Lauren5020

I worked at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge (google it) in Jasper, Alberta about 5 years ago. There were a few Australians there, doing the same thing you're talking about. It's hotel work, but in a very beautiful part of Canada! It was with a very young, fun staff which made for a great workplace.
I believe all the Fairmont hotels would be good to check out for work opportunities, they hire for short term-type contracts.

Comments