Jasper National Park Hotels

Our Members Say

• balhannah profile photo balhannah
  • Reviews: 9817

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

WALL'S B&B: Plenty of room

First of all, I would not really call this a bed and breakfast even though it is on the site.

Breakfast is not included. We did have a large, well equiped kitchen, which had a fridge with jam and butter, and a bowl of fruit. Then, one day, the owner baked a rhubarb cake, which was delicious.
The two available rooms are located under the house, as well, there is a large kitchen and a huge lounge room with plenty of comfortable seating. We had our own bathroom.
It was located in a very quiet part of Jasper, and Elk could be seen from the house.

In saying this, it didn't matter to us as accommodation and everything else is expensive in Jasper, and this was reasonably priced and good.

Prices in 2010 are $150.00 per night for the suite for 4 persons
Suitable for 2 couples travelling together or family.
Suite has two bathrooms one with jacuzzi tub and one with walk in shower

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written August 3, 2008

Lounge room from B&B Canada website

• RockiesTraveler profile photo RockiesTraveler
  • Reviews: 27

Patricia Lakes Bungalows: A Slice of Paradise

Very Friendly staff. Excellent facilites. Had a hot tub but we didn't use it...not our speed. Private cabins. Very quite location. There is a loop nearby the cabin called Patricia Loop. We call it "Patricia poop loop" because the trail is shared by horses, and they don't poooper scoop after horses....aside from that its a nice trail. They have a variety of lifestyle cabin living in case you want something more rustic or luxurious. Checkout their website...I think its www.patricialakebungalows.com I found it on the web by lucky accident. They are not listed in the AAA guidebook.

Great views. Every morning you might see caribou grazing within feet of your cabin. T'was awesome. Very close to Jasper townsite too.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Adventure Travel, Hiking and Walking
  • Written September 5, 2007
Tip Photo

The entrance view of our cabin. We have a visitor

• Karlie85 profile photo Karlie85
  • Reviews: 243

Whistler's Inn: In the heart of Jasper

Whistler's Inn is located on the main street in Jasper, right across from the Via Rail station. As with most hotels in Jasper, Whistler's Inn is within walking distance of everything in the town. There are two floors with about 30 rooms on each floor. The rooms are well kept and comfortable. One negative is that the walls are pretty thin, as it was very loud when the person in the room next to mine was taking a shower or people walking by in the hall were talking.
We had some problems with some of the other guests on our floor, and the ladies at the front desk were very helpful. They even offered to upgrade us to another room at no extra charge to us, which we were not expecting at all.
The rates are fairly reasonable, ranging from $95-$200 in the low season and $125-$300 in the high season.
Some of the amenities include two restaurants, a pub, gift shop, rooftop hot tubs, steam room, and a rather odd wildlife museum.

• Written May 1, 2007

• Karlie85 profile photo Karlie85
  • Reviews: 243

Tonquin Inn: Tonquin Inn

Sept. 2006 - I stayed at this hotel 2 years ago, and unfortunately the first memories that come to mind are not very good ones. Me and my fiance stayed for 2 nights in 2 different types of rooms. The second room we had was quite nice. It had a sunken living room and a fire place and was quite romantic. The bed was roomy enough for two people who might want room to spread out. There are two things that did bother us . We asked for a late check out of 11am each day, and someone from the front desk called as at 9am each day telling us we had to check out. On the same note, while we were still in the room one morning, the cleaning ladies tried to come into our room and clean it while we were still in it.

UPDATE - April 2009 - I stayed at the Tonquin Inn again for two nights over the Easter long weekend. Everything went much more smoothly this time around. Check in and check out were quick and the staff were professional. Nobody tried to clean my room when I had the do not disturb sign up :) The king room was quite small. The bed took up most of the room. it was fine for us as we were only staying two nights and only had one big bag, but might not be so good for people with more luggage. There was a mini fridge in the room.

I originally tried to book the room (king bed) online. There was an online deal of 35% off. I filled out all my info and then was told the reservation could not be completed and I had to phone the hotel. Ok. I did that, and was quoted a different, higher, price. I told him about the online offer, and he said he couldn't offer me that anymore (something about only selling a certain number of rooms at that price) but he could give me 15% off. Not great, but better than nothing and he offered without me asking.

They have an indoor pool that is heated, which is very nice. The pool is quite large. There is also a modest hot tub.

There is a fair sized parking lot at the Inn, but there are not enough parking spots compared to rooms. It is on a first come, first served basis. If you don't get a spot in the lot, there is street parking as well.

There is a restaurant on site, but I did not go there.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written September 12, 2006

• Redang profile photo Redang
  • Reviews: 2924

The Rocky Mountain Retreat Bed & Breakfast: B&B in Jasper town

Very nice, clean and close to the centre of the town.

B&B, two people: 74,37 $ (59,50 €) (August '06); cheaper in low season.

Internet:
- www.canadianbandbguide.ca/bb.asp?ID=3829
- www.bbcanada.com/rockymountainretreat

• Written August 30, 2006

• Quartzy profile photo Quartzy
  • Reviews: 126

Jasper International Hostel: Not for an extended stay

If you don't have a car, you don't want to stay there as it is located a little out of Jasper. They have big dorms with dozens of beds and the lights automatically turn on and out in the morning and at night. There is curfew so you won't be able to get in if you make it too late: we found a couple sleeping in the hall in the morning.

This is not a hostel for privacy; we stayed there because all other Hostelling International hostels were closed at that period of the year (end of April). Not exactly a bad experience, but some hostels are better.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written March 15, 2006

• emerson24_2002 profile photo emerson24_2002
  • Reviews: 53

HI Hostel Jasper: Hostelling

I basically got in around 8pm, showered and went into Jasper for dinner and nightlife, came home and crashed to get up and head out. Therefore, I didn't hangout too much at the hostel. However, there were no problems. The only problem was the 2am curfew. They aren't kidding that at 2am they lock the door. I arrived at about 2:05 and the door was locked! After a little banging someone opened up.

It's a pretty quiet hostel, at least that night was and the night my buddies went it was also.

I can't recall exactly which hostel this was, but I found it to be the third hostel enroute from Lake Louise to Jasper. The first two were sold out and I got lucky to get in at this one. This place must have had about 30 bunk beds, they can accomodate a lot of people. After trying to find out the name of this hostel, I found that some of the hostels along the way are 'rustic hostels' and do not have running water so I suggest you call first to get the lowdown.

internet available. A variety of food you can buy. Various books and games.

• Related to: Road Trip, Study Abroad
  • Written October 30, 2005

People I met while out in Jasper

• kymbanm profile photo kymbanm
  • Reviews: 565

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Crossing: Get to the Crossing .....

Not only is this hotel located perfectly just inside of Banff's northern border .... it is also along the intersection of Hwy93 and Hwy11 .. a perfect little spot almost smack dab in the middle of the Icefields Parkway!

I wanted to put it here with my Jasper page, as I stayed here at the Crossing after my day wandering Jasper ... so to me, regardless of the map findings .... this place makes me think of Jasper .......

So you might see this tip again, in the proper place :)

Less expensive than most of the high season rooms in the park, I was pleased with my clean room's cabin motif. I also had access to the spa ..... hot tub, sauna, weight room, etc ....... aaaahhhhhh, a wonderful way to prove to myself that I'm on vacation :)

They also have a gas station, convenience store, gift shop, pub, dining room, and cafeteria ........ quite a special little set up! You just check in, and can wander the grounds for a bit before you unwind enough to sleep ......

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Road Trip, National/State Park
  • Written August 31, 2005
Tip Photo

View from my room .... pretty, Huh?

• silnik profile photo silnik
  • Reviews: 5

Wapiti: Wapiti Campground

We had the best weekend in this campground. The main features of Wapiti is by the Athabasca river , good showers and bathroom facilities.
The prices for unservice is CAN$24
hook up is CAN$28

Great view of the Athabasca River.

• Related to: National/State Park, Family Travel, Camping
  • Written August 24, 2005
Tip Photo

• scottishvisitor profile photo scottishvisitor
  • Reviews: 1572

Beckers Chalets: Stay in the Heart of the Park

You will find every thing you could ever need here. Fully equipped kitchen (if you like to self cater) Although there is a lovely restaurant on site (see my restaurant tip) comfortable lounge with TV & wood burning stove.
A restfull retreat from a blissful day in the mountains & lakes.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Hiking and Walking, Family Travel
  • Written August 3, 2005

Beckers Chalets

• Babcia profile photo Babcia
  • Reviews: 13

Becker's Chalets: At Home in Jasper

For a relaxing "home away from home", Becker's Chalets can't be beat. This collection of cabins and fourplexes is just a short drive south of Jasper town, and hugs a bend in the Athabasca River. Here you can stroll and watch the whitewater rafters sweep by, come across elk and deer in the woods, and watch the moon rise over the mountains.
Each cabin and each unit in the the fourplex is spacious and comfortable. The cabins have wood buring fireplaces, the fourplex units (which are more modern) have gas fireplaces. Although most cabins and units have full kitchens in them, if you don't feel like cooking, there is even a dining room in the main lodge where mouth-watering Canadian specialties are served.

Becker's Chalets is located in a quiet and scenic spot on the Athabasca River, but is only a 5 minute drive south of Jasper town.

Becker's Chalets are open from May to mid-October. During May and mid-September to October, off season rates (which are cheaper than the ones I've noted above) apply.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: National/State Park, Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written June 9, 2005

Becker's Chalets

• Jefie profile photo Jefie
  • Reviews: 2054

Hostelling International - Canada: Stay at one of the youth hostels

There are five youth hostels located in Jasper National Park and in accordance with the natural setting, they all have a charmingly rustic log cabin/ski cabin look. In general, they are a bit smaller and maybe not as comfortable as some other youth hostels but they will make you feel closer to nature.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Study Abroad
  • Written May 1, 2005

• vtveen profile photo vtveen
  • Reviews: 1536

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Rocky Mountain Retreat: no hospitality and poor service

Although we had a confirmation for a well appointed room with cathedral ceiling and mountain view, we found ourselves in a room like a jail in the basement with low ceiling, not a view at all, no proper chairs, a bad mattress and a poor bathroom.

Next morning we found our breakfast (not in the guest dining room as promised) in a basket with four more or less old muffins, just one little bottle of orange juice and one candy bar. It turned out this was our 'continental breakfast' (yummie, yummie).

We didn't get any apologies or even met our host(s) !! Our most bad experience with a B&B ever.

• Written November 21, 2004

• LoriPori profile photo LoriPori
  • Reviews: 3199

JASPER INN ALPINE RESORT: ALPINE RESORT IN JASPER

We arrived in Jasper Friday, June 6. After checking out a few places, we decided on the JASPER INN ALPINE RESORT.They were all very pricy. We had a standard room, nothing special, no air-conditioning. I guess you pay for the resort amenities, which include an indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna and steam room. There is also a nice Garden Terrace to have that cup of coffee or afternoon tea. Also fine dining is availabe in the Inn Restaurant. The price was $125.00 plus taxes ($140.00) and that was with my CAA discount

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written October 30, 2004

Jasper Inn Brochure

• ChadSteve1975 profile photo ChadSteve1975
  • Reviews: 258

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Athabasca Hotel: When the music's thumping don't be trying to sleep

Up the end of the main strip of shops in the town centre you will find this hotel. Tourist class accomodation. Not the best but is one of the best locations I know.

Downstairs is the bar and nightclub. Hence over the busier nights you may be wise not stay here if you're a light sleeper.

But overall the place is great. Great location.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written July 30, 2004
Tip Photo

home suite home... for 2 nights anyway.

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful