1000 - 5001 19th St, Red Deer, Alberta, T4R 3R1, Canada
Priceline.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

More about Red Deer

Teriyaki Chicken kebabsTeriyaki Chicken kebabs

On the end of the mini-mallOn the end of the mini-mall

The hole and our shortened fishing rodsThe hole and our shortened fishing rods

Red Deer view from lookout in Rotary ParkRed Deer view from lookout in Rotary Park

Which communities in Red Deer are safe?

by joejojojo

Hi, I'm a young business woman looking for a place in Red Deer, AB with my sister. I'm wondering from anyone who's lived/been there, what are the safest communities to start out in?

by 1jabbar

Probably better to ask where isn't it safe. Its Red Deer, Alberta, not Red Deer New York.

by polartraveller

Red Deer is a small place, try to find something around the Red Deer College area. There are however the infamous motorcycle gangs in the city.

by Segolily

There are communities in Red Deer?

by stoogr

Red Deer is a safe place. There are no areas of the city that need to be avoided because of safety concerns, but there are a couple of older areas close to downtown where you have a greater chance of having your car broken into. Compared to most cities the crime rate is very low.

Re: Which communities in Red Deer are safe?

by OMGWTFBBQ

After living in Red Deer for the first 18 years of my life before heading out to college, I have a fair amount of certainty in the city. The general rule is the outer subdivisions are best and the newer the better, if you can afford it. If not try to find smaller communities away from downtown, I lived in Fairview (Formerly upper Fairview), it was a quiet, older neighborhood, that was a 5min walk from the downtown core. Generally, just avoid living downtown and in Riverside Meadows, Highland Green, and anything just south of downtown (excluding Mountview, which is a very nice neighborhood). Hope this is helpful.

Re: Which communities in Red Deer are safe?

by OMGWTFBBQ

I forgot to mention the reason to avoid the certain areas listed in my reply. There tends to be a higher number of drug-users in this area (due to them being the cheaper areas of town for houses) and thus they have a higher crime rate.

Travel Tips for Red Deer

Gotta get gas!

by juniperjune

They have many gas stations and fast food restaurants. Red Deer has Gasoline Alley. This is because it is smack dab in the middle of Calgary and Edmonton. Well, it is not a fond one, but it is funny. The day before I moved home to Montreal, I had to drive down to Calgary from Edmonton. I stopped for gas and a bite to eat in Red Deer. As we were driving through Red Deer, I was telling my boyfriend that there are always cops nabbing people for speeding. Well, what do I do? Speed you say, NO! Apparently I blew a stop sign. OOOOPPPPSSS!

Packing List

by Venturingnow

Bring some heavy duty luggage. An extra backpack to carry a day's worth or gear or food is great for dogsledding or wandering through the towns. Make sure you're prepared for sudden snow if visiting in the winter. One day is was sunny, then we got 8 inches of snow in only a few hours. BE CAREFUL, and watch for weather reports. Definately bring a polarizing lens, as in the spring, the snow is on the ground and the sun is out, and the glare is immense. The water is also thawing out, so it's lit up as well. See the snow here at the Alpine Resort Haven!

Welcome To Red Deer

by jojocan

I spent a few hours recently touring around Red Deer. Was there for a board meeting, and had a bit of free time. It looked like a very nice town. I, naturally, was there durning the flooding, and couldn't walk down the trails, or even downtown, but I did drive around a bit, and I stopped at the Alberta Sports Museum, which Red Deer is home too. That was fun!

I saw this in the Sports Museum while visiting, and thought it was kind of interesting. It talks about a young man named Deerfoot, who ran in many races across canada. People from England even came over to race him, never winning though! He could run 5 miles in 27 minutes, in his moccasins!!!

Deerfoot Trail in Calgary, which is a scary road to drive, is named after this guy.

Pretty interesting, hey?! See, you can learn things at museums!

..._---_...'s new Red Deer Page

by ..._---_...

What can I say about Red Deer, Alberta??? Well there is a lot to say about this great community! First off I am a US citizen and I am living in Canada (no I am not dodging the draft--LOL). My perspective of this country is rather obscure... I feel more american than ever. Here you have very little rights and I now know and appreciate what say I had in the US--- yet it is SO BEAUTIFUL here that it makes it hard to move back! Where in America can you take a tour of the city and actually not cross a city street? What do I mean you ask? Well let me tell you that the mayor of this city has designated the parks a special attraction for city dwellers. You can actually go from the north end of the city on bike, blade or walk through Red Deer travelling from one park to the next without crossing more than 2 city streets... in other words --- it is all scenery! Beautiful parks cascade the landscape of this city that create a natural environment for residents and tourists alike! 10 minutes in every direction will lead you to a lake or a river to either enjoy fishing or other summer activities at. If you are a nature nut, then this is the place for you! We are between Edmonton and Calgary and it is the fastest growing cummunity in all of the country so taking a peek at this piece of heaven's pie is well worth the travel!!!! :0)

Comments