6500 67 St, Exit 67 Street from Hwy#2, Red Deer, Alberta, T4P 1A2, Canada
iHOTEL 67 Street
Hotels.com Travelocity Expedia.com

More about Red Deer

An ice-packed street and hand-cleared sidewalkAn ice-packed street and hand-cleared sidewalk

The parking lot viewThe parking lot view

Our clan watches in the Kurt Browning ArenaOur clan watches in the Kurt Browning Arena

Kevin's 1500 Dodge Ram 4WD & snowmobile trailerKevin's 1500 Dodge Ram 4WD & snowmobile trailer

Travel Tips for Red Deer

Lots to Do

by hornsholdmyhalo2006

Holiday inn express is located off Interstate 2 North in Alberta there is alot to do with the Mall directly across the Street. Grand priare had a " Starbucks and my wife was very happy with a Grande caramal frap..
Red Deer was a very nice town and the people were very friendly, we needed to change currency and a kind gentleman made us follow his lead to the nearest bank my wife was looking for. The Walmart

Francis the pig...the legend

by Darby2

Yes..,  it's true there really was a Francis the Pig

This statue dedicated to her memory is located in the business district of Red Deer Alberta across form the Wei's Western Wear downtown.

The inscription reads: The legend of Francis began in July 1990 when this pig escaped from a local abattoir. For nearly five months the fugitive roamed throughout Red Deer's parklands, eluding predators and several attempts of recapture. This freedom loving pig was finally captured and spent his remaining life on a local farm. Francis reminds us of the importance of hog production and processing to the economy of Red Deer.

Red Deer

by OMGWTFBBQ

"The Beginning"

I was born and raised in Red Deer, AB. In the 18 years that I lived there before moving to Calgary for school, I learned many thing about the City. I sat back and watched as favorite hangouts were demolished and replaced with new, ore exciting places. Having only left a few months ago, there are still many things I know, and am willing to share about my home town.

Red Deer

by glicko

Red Deer has the dubious honour of being situated on the axis between the two traditional rivals: Calgary and Edmonton. Being situated right on Highway 2, it is usually pretty much inevitable that travellers to Alberta pass through this city.

Despite it's fervently redneck image, Red Deer is worth a visit. So don't just stop in Gasoline Alley (you'll know that place when you see it), exit onto Gaetz Ave (Highway 2A) and take a peak at what is truly Central Alberta.

Sandy's new Red Deer Page

by sandysmith

I must be one of the few VT members who has actually been to Red Deer (not just using it for the Rockies). Having said that I didn't actually explore much of the town but was here for the wedding of my baby brother Mick to Amy, a lovely Canadian girl from Red Deer - don't we all look splendid. The wedding was a great occassion and of course we didn't travel all this way without seeing more of the splendours of Canada - as you can see from my other Canadian pages!

Comments