Travelodge Red Deer

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 22% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Red Deer

The Blazer reversing out of the drivewayThe Blazer reversing out of the driveway

I caught them before the evening rushI caught them before the evening rush

Snowmobile passes a plastic ice-shelter & truckSnowmobile passes a plastic ice-shelter & truck

Front view with the welding rig in the drivewayFront view with the welding rig in the driveway

Travel Tips for Red Deer

City of parks

by Dueck

Red Deer is full of parks. The city's council has done an excellent job of preserving the green space and open areas for its community to enjoy. I appreciate the cleanliness too. Red Deer's been my home for a long time. When I am away, I generally miss the miles and miles of trails and green spaces.

Take em off!!

by jenniferhen

I never really thought of this one until another VTer wrote to ask me if it was true....
"Should you remove footwear when entering a house in Canda?"
YES!! You do unless the host says not to. In winter time or if it has rained out, do not even ask, just automatically take them off. Even in summertime some people will be offended if you were to wear your shoes into their home, so to be safe always remove them unless the host tells you otherwise.
I know when I was in Germany, my friend got annoyed with always telling me to put my shoes back on..just habit from over here!:)

Red Deer - One winter week living in Alberta

by Bwana_Brown

In February, 2007, my wife and I had a chance to see what it was like living in Alberta for a short period. My youngest daughter was married in the middle of the month with a very enjoyable ceremony held in the Rocky Mountains (see my 'Canmore' page for the details). While the newlyweds were Honeymooning in Mexico, someone was needed to 'hold the fort' for eight days with their pets and new house in Red Deer!

First settled by Europeans with the establishment of a trading post in 1882 and about halfway along the Calgary-to-Edmonton Trail, where it crossed the Red Deer River, the city of Red Deer has grown to be the third largest in the Province with a population of about 83,000. The surrounding countryside is pleasing to the eye with its gently rolling hills and, on a good day, you just might be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the snow-capped Rockies off to the west. Although the area originally focused on oil, grain, and cattle production, Red Deer now serves as a centre for oil and agriculture distribution as well as petrochemical production in the areas outside the city. Really, there are no amazingly spectacular sights to see as the layout is sort of like a long strip mall of stores and businesses streching along both sides of the highway between Alberta's two largest cities. To avoid this congestion, a bypass has been built around Red Deer if you just want to 'keep on trucking'.

We had a look around the city and its surrounding areas and were able to sample some outdoor winter activities in the pleasant weather, varying between 3 C in the daytime and -23 C overnight.

juniperjune's new Red Deer Page

by juniperjune

Ok, when driving through Red Deer, do NOT speed or go through stop signs. Believe me! They are everywhere. I have a few friends that grew up there. It is a small town, and I only visited in a couple of times. Other than those few times, I drove through it to get to and From Edmonton and Calgary. It is smack dab in the middle of the 2 cities, and you gas up there.

25th Wedding Anniversay trip to Canada

by Marcher01

"Places I'd like to live in - Canada"

What great open spaces. We hired a Jeep 4X4 as the weather was snowy and when exploring everyday. We went to the Rocky Mountains three times in 6 days, Sylvanian Lake twice, drove over to the Bad Lands and saw so much through the windows of my speeding car...

"Banff"