3609 Highway Street, Valleyview, T0H 3N0, Canada
Paradise Inn & Suites
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Valleyview

Fire MakingFire Making

Fishing while working!Fishing while working!

Swimming in October!Swimming in October!

Lookit the catch!Lookit the catch!

Travel Tips for Valleyview

Marshmallow making

by jojocan

The campgrounds near Fox Creek are great places to hike around in and have a nice fire to roast marshmallows! Even if you don't stay there and go campning, make sure you check out the trails.

We tried it once, not planning on making a fire. Were out hiking, it got late, we got hungry and cold. The only fire making tools we had were a lighter, toilet paper and bug spray. And no, none of us were boy scouts! Anyhoo, we tried the toilet paper first, but it burnt up too quickly to light the kindling. Had to resort to spraying bug spray and lighting it on fire. Funny, the marshmallows tasted a little different that night....

If you plan on going for a hike, make sure you take along the appropriate tools needed to start a fire, just in case!

Fox Creek

by jojocan

"taking kiwi's advice..."

Okay, this page is not about Valleyview, its about Fox Creek, but Fox Creek is not on the VT map yet, and I just scanned in all my pics and was too excited to wait until they added in the town for me, so here I am.

Fox Creek is located about 45 minutes south on Hwy. 43 of Valleyview, and about 45 minutes north of Whitecourt. It is a small town standing by itself. The town is built and sustained by the oilfield industry, and it is obvious when you go there.

There is no public swimming pool, no public library, and about 15 lounges to go to. I spent 11 weeks in Fox Creek working, and when found out there was no wholesome activites to partake in, spend most of my time drinking. Girls - the lounges are filled with boys with money that will buy you drinks. I think I only bought one drink, and that got sent over to a cute boy!

Because of the lack of activites in town, most of my free time was spent in the surrounding area (I was also surveying at the time, and spent my days outside).

Comments