Nova Inn Whitecourt

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

More about Whitecourt

Fox Creek - SummerFox Creek - Summer

Travel Tips for Whitecourt

Quadding, snowmobiling, x-country skiing....

by luvthesun

You want outdoor activity you got it. During the winter I get around in Snowshoes-they call me the crazy snow shoe lady(the high school kids). They'll see me running down the trail in my snow shoes and think I'm nuts! Maybe I am, but it is way more fun being insane than sane!!
(pictures soon to come, just waiting for the snow)

Home

by luvthesun

"Fox Creek"

I really live in Fox Creek, apparently it is not important enough to be listed in the VT!!;)
This is an oil town, small only 2500 people but life is good and so are the wages!(much different than Saskatchewan).
We are located on Highway 42, half way between Edmonton and Grande Prairie, the only highway leading to Alaska. Over 7000 people drive by our town every day!
For a small town we have 8 Hotels! And they are always full, travellers and rig workers.
We have 2 great Lakes and campgrounds-no electrical campgrounds and no washrooms other than your outhouses. But the lakes are beautiful, and not crowded!!!! The 2 main lakes are Iosogun and Smoke lake. Then, we have a few hidden lakes that you can only get into buy walking, quadding or snowmobile. They are great for ice fishing(average catch is 10lbs).
Hunting is great-bear, elk, moose, deer. We have quite a few Americans come up to hunt out here and they enjoy it.
We also have a great little golf course-The Siver Birch - only 9 holes, but it is picturesque, and one of the most difficult 9ers in Alberta!!! If you can golf well on this course - you can golf well anywhere!! The people are great at the clubhouse and so is the food. Ask Adair-he will make you anything you want!
Overall it is a hick town full of rednecks. And I love it!

"Fox Creek - Alberta"

this is Fox Creeks famous rig - this is an oil town.

"Fox Creek"

Iosogun Lake is a decent sized lake 9 km outside of Fox Creek. They have beautiful campgrounds in a purley natural setting. You won't find electrical hookups here and you have a choice between the outhouses or bush when you feel the need!

Comments