492 South Island Highway, Campbell River, V9W 1A5, Canada
Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

More about Campbell River

North of Cambell RiverNorth of Cambell River

Bridge - Movie "Eaters of the Dead"...Elk FallsBridge - Movie "Eaters of the Dead"...Elk Falls

Quading in my hometown. Help!!!Quading in my hometown. Help!!!

Jim,  nice spring salmon!Jim, nice spring salmon!

Gym

by NYTim

I will be visiting friends in Campbell River this year. I am a fitness fanatic and I was wondering if there is a gym I could join on a daily basis.

Thanks

Re: Gym

by Greggor58

Here ya go....hope you get to check out some local fun....salmon fishing is awesome....Quadra Island(ferry access right in Campbell) where you can connect with Coast Mountain Expeditions for some EASY kayaking and wildlife viewing..eagles,seals and if you're really lucky...Orca.

Driving north from Campbell you can easily get yourself from Port McNeil to Cormorant Island and the First Nations community of Alert Bay and maybe a visit to Telegraph Bay Cove where there is a sanctuary...a "rubbing beach" that Orca uses to scratch they're bellies on the polished stone of the ocean bead..

Anyhow the areas got lots of interesting and unique things happening..I hope you have some extra time to enjoy what its got to offer...in addition to a visit with your pals..

Re: Gym

by tofino_surfer

Hello,

I drove across Canada in 2003 and stayed in Campbell River for a few days. I worked out at a local gym downtown called NBX Fitness http://www.nbxfitness.com/Home.html. They have day passes for $4.76.

Address: 1433-16th ave Campbell River BC

Travel Tips for Campbell River

Sport Fishing

by epicult

This toewn is known as the salmon capital of the world with some of the world's largest salmon the "Tyee".

While the fisheries are next to dead these days, there are still a few boats that call these waters home. A friend pictured here with a prize halibut. Hahaha... good luck in successfully reeling one of these in.!

Campbell River.

by Jareotto

I have no pictures to put up here. However, I must say that CAMPBELL RIVER is AWESOME!

I've been here twice with friends from CR to visit friends. I hope to go again sometime soon, at which time, I'll take LOTS of pictures and create many tips for you all.

I have some tips on places to visit while there, also - I'll put em up soon.
Thanks.

My Childhood Playground

by epicult

Really an amazing place to visit but... I wouldn't want to live there. The scenery is to die for, the fishing is world-reknowned (100 lbs Tyee salmon) and the possibilities for outdoor adventure are ridiculous. I'll add lots more later.

Comments