Kimbers Timbers Home

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Fernie

Excellent tree skiingExcellent tree skiing

source: The Calgary Heraldsource: The Calgary Herald

Transfer from Fernie to Calgary

by phil_and_den

Hi - Travelling to Fernie next year for a ski trip - Just booked it today so haven't done a lot of research. What is the best way to get to Calgary from Fernie (Bus/Train/Car Hire)

Not sure where we are staying yet as it's allocation on arrival - but any tips to make our stay more enjoyable would be appreciated. Many thanks,
Phil

RE: Transfer from Fernie to Calgary

by YVRDave

I'm not sure how you are getting to Fernie but, if you are flying into and out of Calgary it would be best rent a car for the whole time. There are flights from Cranbrook to Calgary at www.aircanada.ca and buses at www.greyhound.ca

Travel Tips for Fernie

Take a lesson

by MrBill

I try to take a ski lesson everytime I am at Fernie even though I am a ski instructor myself. However, I do most of my skiing in Europe and we do not have the steep and deep stuff like in Fernie. Therefore, the local instructors can really bring you up to speed on powder skiing technique. I think it is good in any case to get feedback to improve. Also, the ski instructors know all the hidden powder stashes and I have done some great tree skiing with them that first entailed a hike in to where I would have never found on my own. Well worth the price of a half day lesson to been shown around the mountain by a local.

Comments