Emerald Lake Rd, Yoho National Park, Field, British Columbia, V0A 1G0, Canada
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Emerald Lake Lodge

When You've Got Some Extra Coin

by madamx about Emerald Lake Lodge

Approximately 20 minutes past Lake Louise, the Emerald Lake Lodge is located on a peninsula on the gorgeous shores of the appropriately named Emerald Lake, in Yoho National Park, BC. The original lodge was built in 1902, and was one of the Canadian Pacific Railway hotels, along with The Chateau Lake Louise, but is now owned by The Rocky Mountain Resort Group. The lodge and cabins as you now see them are a result of an extensive renovation done in 1986.

This place is not cheap; it is rustic elegance at it's best, and the off-season rate for a suite on the lake is approximately $260 CDN a night. However, if you can afford one night, go for it. We were fortunate enough to spend a long weekend at the lodge, and all I can say is it is a five-star experience from the moment the shuttle bus driver picks you up from the hotel lot. The rooms are decorated in eclectic rustic elegance -- antiqued pine furniture and fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, slate bathroom tiles, with a Nygard designer microfibre duvet cover on the down duvet. 100% cotton sheets and soft, fluffy white robes -- need I say anything more? Generous-sized suites are located in cabin-style buildings, and I recommend asking for an upstairs suite, as the common door can bang very loudly with people coming and going. Bring binoculars, as there are many chances for viewing wildlife -- we saw foraging bear early one morning across the lake on an avalanche slope. Even though the lodge and cabins are in a prime tourism spot, the way the hotel is situated, the area remains quiet and secluded.

The hot tub/exercise area are immaculate ( anyone who would want to use a treadmill when they are in such beautiful hiking country is beyond me). There are many easy walking paths located around the lodge, as well as hikes. Make sure to do the lake circuit, a gorgeous, easy walk, that is 5.2 km, and takes perhaps an hour to complete.

If you are staying at the hotel, you must park in the designated overnight guest lot approx 5 minutes from the lodge and lake. The shuttle bus is operational 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They will deposit your luggage in your suite, as you could have a fair walk from the main lodge.

Emerald Lake Lodge Restaurant

by peterdhduncan

The Emerald Lake Lodge Restaurant is a superb restaurant in a stunning position. We ate on the terrace enjoying the views.

See the link from its website for a sample menu with prices.

EMERALD LAKE--YOHO NATIONAL PARK

by LoriPori

There is a lovely 5 km(3Mi) hike around Emerald Lake, Yoho's most famous body of water. If you want to stay and explore the area more, there is the lovely Emerald Lake Lodge.

Yoho National Park: Emerald Lake

by toonsarah

Yoho National Park is an excellent destination for anyone who appreciates mountain scenery. This is one of three tips I’ve written to describe some of the specific sights that impressed me the most!

Emerald Lake

This is described on the Yoho National Park website as one of the jewels of the Canadian Rockies, and I would have to agree with them. The lake is a beautiful shade of green (more jade than emerald in my opinion!) and is set among some equally beautiful mountains which are reflected really clearly in its waters.

There are several ways to enjoy the lake. We found it a great spot simply to relax and enjoy a picnic, but if you’re feeling even slightly energetic you could explore further, either on foot (the easy 3-mile loop Emerald Lake Trail leads around the lake) or on the water (canoe and boat rentals are available). And if you really love this spot (and who wouldn’t?) you can stay at the rather exclusive-looking Emerald Lake Lodge: I can’t comment on this at all though as we didn’t stay there, except to say that it looks fantastic and I wish we had!

We loved the Jewel in the Canadian Rockies

What a find !!! Emerald Lake Lodge is one of the most special places we have ever visited. You are at one of the most beautiful places on earth. The team was helpful and friendly and full of local information from hikes to an amazing pottery shop in nearby Field, B.C. Nice to know places like this still exist.

Fabulous Setting - Service needs help

Just returned from a trip to the Canadian Rockies with our family. We stayed at Emerald Lake Lodge for the first 4 nights. The location is absolutely breathtaking. The lake is beyond belief - pictures do not do it justice. The grounds around the Lodge are an array of beautiful flowers.

We very much loved the setting, but were very disappointed in the level of service provided. The kids working there were nice enough, I really think it is a case of not training the staff sufficiently. We had breakfast at the lodge 2 mornings and the service both times was just horrible. A previous reviewer mentioned being ignored - very much the case. The first morning, we sat down (5 of us), and waited for almost 15 minutes before we finally waved someone down for coffee. Since it was taking so long, we decided to just get the buffet breakfast - our waiter showed up about 40 minutes after we sat down - no exaggeration. The next morning, breakfast took over an hour. The food was good, but more than an hour for breakfast?

We had dinner at the Lodge one night. We stopped at the desk to make reservations earlier in the day and were told that there was not a table available until after 8:30. We were walking by later in the day and decided to see if there may have been a cancellation. Different hostess tells us that they're not booked up and we can come in at 7:15 if we'd like. When we got there, the place was pretty empty. I can only guess at the revenue missed by telling people there were no tables available for dinner that evening. The service at dinner, was very good - no complaints. I will say that the wine list is ridiculously expensive...we enjoy wine a great deal, but also do not appreciate being taken advantage of. Cilantro was good, however, had the same menu for lunch and dinner - thought there could be some variation.

Ate at Truffle Pig's in Field - had a great lunch/dinner after an afternoon of hiking. Great service, soup and sandwiches. Field is a really cute town, Truffle Pigs is worth the stop.

We would return but probably not for such a long period of time. The place was beautiful and we did enjoy our stay. But, the high prices I thought were a factor of being in Canada, were not seen anywhere else on our trip. Upon check-out, the desk manager asked about our stay, I told her of our service issues...she kind of shrugged and told me to fill out the comment card. Will do!

Horrible Service

by TripAdvisor Member lislb

The grounds are undoubtedly gorgeous and the rooms were quaint and pleasant. However, the service was absolutely horrible. We chose to eat breakfast in the main dinning room. The waitress who finally arrived at our table after we had already been waiting for 15 minutes was incredibly rude, sneering at me when I requested skim milk for my coffee. My wife ordered the "granola with yogurt and berries," which took about 15 minutes to arrive, and consisted of a clump of solid granola with a small dollop of yogurt and one lone berry. It then took another short eternity for our rude waitress to ring up the credit card bill. Upon checking out at the main desk in the lodge, the staff asked for our key and told us the bellman would meet us immediately at our room; 15 minutes later, after standing in the cold and rain, no one had arrived, and I went back to the lodge, only to find the bellman standing by the front desk. The staff could take some lessons from the scenery.

Far too expensive for what you get

by TripAdvisor Member travelingforfun

The number one thing that stands out in my mind re. this lodge is that it is grossly overpriced. We have stayed in many hotels in different locations around Canada including the Fairmont Jasper Lodge, and this place stands out as the most outrageous. The rooms are small and the beds very small queen-sized unless you pay even more for an upgrade to a more outlandishly expensive room. The staff was generally very pleasant and we didn't have complaints re the service. Our room was a 10 minute uphill walk from the main lodge. The lake is beautiful and we enjoyed a canoe ride out on it. The food was O.K. but not at all wonderful. We did have a terrific meal at the Truffle Pigs restaurant which is in nearby Fields. It is also worth noting that you cannot drive up to the lodge and park overnight, but rather must park down the road and take a ten minute bus ride up to the facility. You can also wait 10-15 minutes for the bus to come get you. We generally liked the facility but I can't emphasize enough how overpriced this place is for what you get.

A let down

by TripAdvisor Member Sandrajoy

This place has location, location but that's about it. The rooms are okay, functional and comfortable. The biggest let down is in the dining and the service. We had bad experiences with both. There is nothing really close, so you are limited to the hotel's restaurants. The staff seemed overwhelmed and indifferent. To be fair, there didn't seem to be a strong management presence to help organize, coach etc. Things like having to wait a long time to even be greeted when we sat down, no pleasantness, etc. For the price, I think this hotel could have been better.

Magic spot

Stayed at Emerald lake for a couple of nights in September, 2005. Was very comfortable, good food, could not fault the service, and a gorgeous place to be. Conveniently removed from the primary tourist traps of Lake Louise and Moraine Lake, which would have been even more expensive; great to have a room with lake views uninterrupted by others!

Would agree with other comments to avoid the rooms between the main lodge and the bridge as the bus travells past frequently - we were at the other end of the property. Laundry facilities are not availble, but had no problem at all doing it at Field.

Comments