2924 Kicking Horse Road, PO Box 1793, Golden, British Columbia, V0A 1H0, Canada

Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

• Golden's Worst Place to Stay

I cannot say much about this place because I have never been there. I found this place on the Internet, called them and booked a night to stay for a long weekend trip in the summer. This was almost 2 months in advance and they sent me written confirmation that the room was reserved for me. One week before my trip I emailed them again and asked for re-confirmation. As it turned out, they gave my room away to a bigger party. They did not call me or notify me in any way of this change. After calling the owner, he said it was too bad, but that he had no room for me to stay there. They made no effort to help me or find another place to stay. In our initial phone conversation, the owner did offer a one night stay for free some other time; however, in subsequent conversations he never made this offer again and I felt that is was a very fake and half-hearted gesture. I would not recommend this place to stay, not only because the ownership had little regard in giving away our reservations and leaving his would-be customers without a place to stay on their travels, but he was completely unhelpful in resolving the matter. Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!

Unique Quality: Jerk management and owners!!!

Directions: Downtown Golden.