Harrison Lake Hotels

• Soozay profile photo Soozay
  • Reviews: 52

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Harrison Hot Springs Resort: Harrison Hot Spring's best hotel

The Harrison Hot Springs Resort is a hodge podge of the new east tower and the old west wing. If you want something newer in accomodation I would suggest paying a bit more and staying in the east tower. If you want to be near the pool and you don't mind staying in an older room, try the west wing.
The staff are pretty laid back at this resort. Service at check in is pleasant and efficient. The Copper Room, which is their premium restaurant requires people to dress up a bit more. The Lakeside Cafe is their family style restaurant and on Fridays they have an all you can eat pasta buffet. On Saturdays they have an all you can eat prime rib dinner. It's a fabulous price at under twenty dollars.

There are four, count them, FOUR pools at this resort and they are all heated! There's two outdoor pools; one has a gradual entry so it's perfect for little kids. The other outdoor pool is a lap pool. There is also a pool that is outside that has very warm water from the hot springs nearby. This pool is limited to adults only and they suggest no more than ten minutes in this pool. The other pool is situated indoors and is a 4 foot and over pool. Also indoors is a whirlpool type pool, again it has hot springs water filtered into it.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Spa and Resort
  • Written September 29, 2007
Tip Photo

Harrison Lake on a cloudy September day

• sinjabc profile photo sinjabc
  • Reviews: 216

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Bungalow Motel: Bungalow Motel a bit of a dive...

Twelve self-contained cottages for rent on the lake. These are very basic cottages (or shacks). Plastic on the windows (we went in February), basic kitchen with fridge and stove, and a run-down bathroom with a tiny, dank, moldy shower.

The bed in the single bedroom had springs coming through it and was hard as the ground. We slept on it after putting an air mattress over top. The place felt dusty, dank, and dirty. We all (six of us out of eight) got sick after staying here when we returned home.

I would never stay here again. I think the cottages allow pets, but I do not think each cottage is thoroughly cleaned after each guest.

I could see a family staying here on a frugal budget. Personally, I would rather stay anywhere else or a campground.

Great view of the lake and easy access to the waterfront.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average