Kamloops Heritage Railway
"Canadian National #2141 "Spirit of Kamloops""
Locomotive 2141 (2-8-0 Consolidated Class) was built in 1912 for the Canadian Northern Railway by the Canadian Locomotive Co. in Kingston Ontario. 2141's early years were spent in Alberta and Saskatchewan, pulling passenger, mixed and freight trains. Originally fired by coal, she was converted to burn oil in 1948. This lengthened the time between stops and reduced the fire hazard potential. Prior to retirement 2141 could be found working near Cowichan Lake on Vancouver Island, pulling log flats and mixed freight. After its last run in July 1958, Kamloops Mayor Jack Fitzwater saved the locomotive from being scrapped. Kamloops purchased the locomotive for $2,000, and installed it in Riverside Park on October 29, 1961, removed for restoration in 1995. Restored to OPERATIONAL status over eight years by the skilled volunteers of the Kamloops Heritage Railway Society.
Link to CN2141 Official website