Magpie Bed&Breakfast

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Kelowna

Views of Kalamalka lake from the viewpointViews of Kalamalka lake from the viewpoint

Big Blue at Mariner's ReefBig Blue at Mariner's Reef

Penticton beach, Okanagan LakePenticton beach, Okanagan Lake

Grand Hotel green area.Grand Hotel green area.

Travel Tips for Kelowna

Mission Hill winery

by trvlrtom

Mission Hill is THE well known and popular winery in BC. We stopped by because we were curious about all the hype, and having been to many wineries in California, we wanted to see what the big Canadian one was like. So here is my biased report,
Big, corporate business. There is nothing understated here; quite the opposite. I've never been to a winery that had security guards on the grounds, but I guess that's what they need to manage the hordes of tourists.
The tasting room is immense, with two separate tasting areas: one if you want to taste the regular wines that you can buy in the stores, and another where you pay more to taste their better wines. If you have any interest in spending your money on wine related gifts - plates, condiments, pictures etc - you will be pleased here.
Amazing architecture. They really spend the money on this place. Personally, I don't understand the "Mission" aesthetic up here in BC. The Spanish missions only went as far north as Sonoma, California, where there is a centuries long history of missions and the related cultural and architectural background. Is there some California envy with Mission Hill?
Wine - they have an array of wines for all visitors. You can spend as little or as much as you want.
Tours - we didn't go on the tour because we've been on many in the past and quite honestly haven't the patience to be let around and talked to in a group.
Bottom line for me - this is a tourist destination, a business. It's like a wine theme park. Not my style, but obviously it is for many.

Beautiful British Columbia

by ChelseaBuns

"K Town"

This is where I live, when Im not travelling the world. Its got all one could ask for ..... Lakes, mountains, gorgous weather

"Lenny my nickname for my bro"

This is my brother Calen, I said that I would add him to one of my pages. He is sick at the moment so has been trotting around the house in this robe.....
He's pretending to exercise in this picture ...

Comments