Farview Mountain Lodge

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Nelson

View of the Orange Bridge from Lakeside parkView of the Orange Bridge from Lakeside park

Bar & Pool Table inside the PavillionBar & Pool Table inside the Pavillion

Ladies' ParlourLadies' Parlour

The S.S. MoyieThe S.S. Moyie

Where to stay??

by shouse

Hi - I am new to the forum and have a question about where to stay in Nelson (we are travelling there in Sept). I lived in Nelson for a few months back in 1995, and have not been back since. I can't wait to go back, b/c I loved my time there, such a beautiful place. But - where should my husband and I stay? Does anyone have feedback on the Hume Hotel or the Mountain Hound Inn? Also, any good B&Bs? We are in our 30s - and B&Bs aren't really our style - but if we luck out on hotels, we may go this route. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sarah

Re: Where to stay??

by Camping_Girl

The Hume has been very nicely refurbished. The Mountain Hound has clean rooms, but tends to attract the "younger set". If you want peace and quiet it may not be the best choice. The Best Western on Baker is a good choice, as is The Prestige Inn. If you are looking for something more budget minded, you might want to try the two places on the North Shore - I believe they are The Villa and the North Shore Inn.

I was just in Nelson last week and popped into an absolutely stunning Victorian b&b downtown to have a look - the Stanley House B&B. I would love to stay there sometime - the place is just gorgeous. It is quite close to the rail line, though. I know that wouldn't bother me but for some light sleepers it could be an issue. www.stanleyhousebb.com

Check out my Nelson pages if you are looking for some other ideas.

Travel Tips for Nelson

Valhalla Provincial Park

by Camping_Girl

This park is between Silverton and Slocan, about 50 km from Nelson. The park is relatively small, for a provincial park. There is a viewing area along the highway, which is where this picture was taken.

LOTS OF HERITAGE BUILDINGS AT NELSON!

by balhannah

Nelson, plenty of different architectural designs........

has 350 heritage homes and office buildings.

The restoration of these buildings is being done, giving Nelson a reputation

as one of the finest Heritage cities in Canada.

The movie Roxanne used the beautifully restored Nelson Fire Hall

Skiing in B.C.

by shellybelly567

My dad and I took a skiing trip to British Columbia, Canada last December...Nelson is a small town in the middle of the mountains and I think everyone who lives there skis or snowboards. It's only about a 25 minute drive from town to the ski lodge, which is awesome when you're used to driving a minimum of two hours.

The ski area is called, Whitewater and claims to have better snow than nearby Red Mountain, who claims to have better terrain. After skiing at both places, I will agree with these statements. Whitewater has better snow because it's higher and drier-their base is at roughly the same elevation as Red's peak. Red has better terrain because it has more area and more lifts. Both are worth a visit.

Comments