North Vancouver Hotels

Our Members Say

• iammon profile photo iammon
  • Reviews: 345

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Capilano River RVing Park: City Camping

Good city location with lots of bus possibilities to downtown. Shopping and everything close by and not too noisy.
We paid 50 dollar without tax. AAA approved.Children's play area.

Has pool. Sites have tables.Cedar room with jacuzzi. Good starting location for BC ferries as you will beat the traffic.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Camping
  • Written June 3, 2012
Tip Photo

Camping entrance

• bocmaxima profile photo bocmaxima
  • Reviews: 248

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

North Vancouver Hotel: Great Place to Stay

I got this at a good rate on Hotwire as the cheapest place in town when I went, which was during the high season.
After reading a lot of reviews online, I was worried, but I now think that most are unjustified.
The place is slightly old, but the building I was in (perpendicular to Capilano Road) had been remodeled fairly recently and was in good condition. The room was very large and very clean. The housekeeping service was good about cleaning up, and my only complaint was that, one morning, the maid actually came into the bathroom while I was in the shower. I'm not shy about this sort of thing, and the curtain was up, but this really jarred her and she waited until I left to clean that day.
The room included free wired internet, a good cable TV selection (with US stations) and (maybe this is standard in Canadian hotels) a recycling bin, which I really appreciated.
This is a wonderful neighborhood. There are a couple of other hotels nearby as well as a little in the way of dining across the street, although you can walk a bit east down Marine Drive to get to much more. It's also very convenient for car or bus travel as it's just off the TCH and nearly directly across the street from the bridge. There's a bus that runs along the small street behind the hotel that will take you up to the famous Capilano Bridge and a bus along Marine Drive that will take you over the bridge into Vancouver. You can also take that bus the other direction to get to Downtown North Vancouver and the Sea Bus landing.
The breakfast was pretty good but the room where it was served was very cramped. I ended up leaving with my food to get away from the people hussling around me.
The staff (almost solidly Chinese) was very nice and accomodating. Hotwire had screwed up my reservation (seems to happen a lot) and, upon checkout, after being asked to show that I had indeed paid for two nights, the clerk said she would take care of the problem.
Very good experience, all in all, but Vancouver itself made the trip exceptional.

Convenient, reasonably priced, free breakfast

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average