1095 EAST ISLAND HIGHWAY, Parksville, BC V9P2E5
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort

Paradise on the Beach - Tigh na mara, Parksville

If you want serenity, a natural setting amongst woodlands, beach, ocean - visit Tigh na mara.

A truly versatile holiday offering your choice of golf courses, miles of sandy beaches, a wonderful restaurant and lounge bar, the most state of the art spa facility - visit Tigh na mara.

The staff are friendly and attentive - cater to all your needs - thank you Tigh na mara.

A Wonderful Spot - Tigh-Na-Mara

My family recently visited this resort. What a wonderful experience. It had everything we needed as a family. The location is spectacular with the ocean and woodland. The service was great and everyone was very helpful. There was lots to do and the children were not any problem.

The facilities themselves were outstanding. Everything from spa to pool to activities. The restaurant was outstanding. Anyone going must be sure to stay for the Sunday Brunch. That is an experience in itself.

The accomodations were another big surprise. Lots of variety and well able to meet the needs of a variety of clients from families to the single couple just getting away. The rooms were well set up with lots of different combinations.

This is a jewel and should be given the recognition it well deserves.

Impressed with Tight-Na-Mara

Our recent visit to Tigh-Na-Mara was wonderful. We fully expected a much more rustic experience with their woodland setting and log buildings. While they are in the woods and do have log buildings for most of the accomodations, they certainly were not rustic in the way we think of rustic as roughing it. The acccomodations were extremely comfortable with plenty of luxury. There was every amenity from in room jacuzzi tubs to a fantastic restaurant. The staff were very helpful and the workings of the resort were clearly detailed.

This was a fantastic place to stay for anyone, from the family with busy children to the honeymoon couple. The setting, beach and accomodations are great. I highly recommend it.

A fabulous place for a break!

Tigh-Na-Mara is a wonderful resort that provides great holiday opportunities for virtually everyone. We have visited Tigh-Na-Mara as a couple for a romantic getaway and with the whole family. There is so much to do.

The beach goes forever and provides great swimming and water play during the summer and wonderful walks any time. The atmosphere of the resort itself is wonderful - lots of beautiful forest surrounding log cabins and West Coast cedar condos. We love the pool, the playgrounds, the spa, the restaurant, and all the great indoor and outdoor activities nearby. We highly recommend Tigh-Na-Mara for a lovely, peaceful weekend or a longer holiday. Enjoy!

PARADICE BY THE SEA!!!

We fell in love with Tigh-na mara in 2000,on a romantic easter getaway, we had been told of it's beauty and charm, by many people,so decided to find out for ourselves. Everything we had heard was true! It is located in a beautiful forest setting. With a fabulous beach just steps away. The cabins are great, with everything provided, just add rest and relaxation. We now go to Tigh-na mara as often as possible,we've had family from Sask. come and stay with us they all fell in love with the resort also. Once you arrive all your needs are the staffs #1 priorities, from check in to check out,you will be totally impressed. The food,the beds, the fresh air, the great setting, the staff, and the fellow guests, all make for a romantic getaway you will remember forever.

Loved the Ambience

I just wanted to share some of my experiences visiting the wonderful Tigh Na Mara resort in Parksville on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. I have been vacationing there since 1990 and if I don't get there at least 3 times a year, I really miss it. The resort sits on a beautiful bay area with tides that go out forever. Not only is the beach ideal for walks but it is partially surrounded by a beautiful green forested park with trails along the water. There is so much to do or so little to do, which ever way you feel. The accommodations are Douglas fir with all the amenities set among tall evergreens (I see squirrels, deer, hares & even woodpeckers!). If I want to really relax I can go to their gorgeous new spa for any number of luxury treatments or just relax in their grotto pool. Most mornings I start my day by having coffee on my balcony overlooking the smaller islands and then decide to go golfing at any number of neighbouring golf courses or go clam digging or just walk the beach. Tigh Na Mara has several different types of accommodations from cosy 1 & 2 bedroom cottages, oceanview condos to luxury duplex style units all nestled in tall trees beautifully landscaped. The staff are extremely helpful and pleasant - I'm sure they love working in a natural setting. Everytime I leave Tigh Na Mara, I decide in my own mind when I will be coming back. It rejuvenates me at the same time as is relaxes me, and that's what I call a real vacation. Hope your readers take advantage of such a wonderful place or log onto tigh-na-mara for more details.

Serenity by the Sea

by TripAdvisor Member Cloud-Calm

Tigh-Na-Mara is the place to get away from one's hectic life and just relax in a beach front condo with sweeping views of the ocean. The setting is rustic with log cabins and condo units built among the pine trees. Each unit is well equipped shoudl you wish to do your own cooking or there is an excellent restaurant on site serving delicious local seafood. Stroll on the beach, go for a swim or, if you really want to be pampered, try their world class Spa. It's the perfect get-away spot on Vancouver Island.

Relaxing weekend

For my birthday my husband treated me to a few days at Tigh Na Mara. To use the word treated, is actually an understatement. From the time we phoned for the reservation there was no detail too small for the staff to handle. The weather was beautiful, and we were able to walk for miles on the sandy beach. Dinner at the restaurant was lovely, the service excellent and the price surprisingly reasonable. Had this not been my birthday, I would have made dinner myself as we had a full kitchen in our unit. We enjoyed the buffet brunch on Sunday, which closed out the weekend beautifully, and it was with much regret we headed back home. Next visit will certainly be for longer.

It feels far away but it isn't!

A stay at Tigh Na Mara is equivalent to taking a long, expensive flight to some exotic destination. How many have dreamt of the coziness of a log cabin but thought it was unattainable? We were so very delighted with the ambience of the entire resort, from the cabins, themselves, to the restaurant, the pool area and the world class spa!

Of course, the beach is incredible and we will probably stay in a unit overlooking the ocean the next time we come...which will be soon! We met a lot of other guests during our stay and we didn't meet one that felt differently than us.

Unbelieveable Forest Experience

This Hotel is the most unique and beautiful experience that we have ever had in Canada and USA.
The rooms are spacious and cheery.
All have fireplaces and Jacuzzs.
The environment around the Resort and the ocean is a must see.
The Restaurant is a Class AAAA
They concern themselves about the environment from the room notices to the water useage etc.
Everyone should spend some time there for a little TLC.

Comments