950 Lakeshore Drive, Penticton, Canada

Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

• FRAUD!!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!

We booked for July 2012 this year. Unfortunately we had to cancel and when I called to cancel I made sure I was within the cancellation period so I would not be charged. They said no problem and that I would not be billed. I WAS! Looking at my statement later on I noticed they charged me 200.00!!!! I have been trying to get them to reverse this and they will not return calls and will not even explain why. At the bottom of the confirmation they send you is the cancellation policy - I made sure when I cancelled I was not in the 'chargeable' period (ex short notice before arrival). They will not return calls, are RUDE and very UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!! They have STOLEN from my family and even LIED about it!!!! DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! READ REVIEWS ON TRIP ADVISOR!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!! They will treat you like garbage even after they rip you off!!!!

• UPDATE on Crown Resort Motel

We recommended this place to a couple who were travelling to Penticton last summer. To say it was a disappointment is an understatement. They found the place dirty, the staff rude and indifferent, and the prices outrageous. The owner had apparently shut off the heat for the pool and it was icy cold. We were dumbfounded. Admittedly, it had been sometime (2 1/2 years) since we last stayed there - I can only surmise that there has been a change in ownership. At any rate, it was awful.

Unique Quality: Total disappointment.

Directions: Okanagan Beach, North end of town.

• We love this place!

Whenever possible (when it's not booked up!) we love to stay at this pretty resort motel right on Okanagan Beach in Penticton's north end. I've lost count of the number of times we've stayed there but over the years it has added up.

Unique Quality: The location is fabulous - we can pretty much just park the car and walk almost everywhere we want to go (OK, we do have to drive to the wineries and golf course).

We prefer to stay in the "cottage-like" units with their verandas. It's not the Ritz but it has a charm that is lacking in a lot of tourist accommodations.

The staff have always been courteous and helpful.

We enjoyed the restaurant at the Crown - Ceili's I think is the name.

Directions: North part of Penticton on the shore of Okanagan Lake.

• Crown Resort Motel

Great location, right on the lake. The rooms are a nice size and clean. Good service!

Unique Quality: Location is outstanding; walk wherever you want to go. And if you're here Ironman, you're central to everything that's going on.

Comments