4965 Byng Rd., Port Hardy, V0N 2P0, Canada

Travel Tips for Port Hardy

Port Hardy

by Sar77

"The end of the road.."

The distance from Victoria to Port Hardy is about 500 km. The roads are fairly decent..the further north you drive the more remote the Island becomes. The campsite I stayed at in Port Hardy was one of the best I have ever stayed at. The sites where huge and the owners were very nice and helpful. I only had a day and one night to spend in Port Hardy so I didn't get much hiking in. I did however, drink a large amount with the locals. : ) oops.

"whale watching..."

This isn't really in Port Hardy although you can go whale watching there. this is in Tofino. I went out on a very small boat that sat about 8. It was basically a very fast rubber dingy. I sat in the very front and held on for dear life when the guide took us out into open water. I was bouncing all over the place and drinking loads of yummy salt water. I could have spent the entire 3 hours doing that. We got pretty close to the whales and saw some seals and eagles as well.

Comments